Awful Disc Tray Scenario!

Discus and support Awful Disc Tray Scenario! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys. Just came upon a really hard problem with the disc tray of my buddies. His toddler son pushed a debit card into his consoles disc tray...... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Deviant Irony, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Awful Disc Tray Scenario!

Hey guys.

Just came upon a really hard problem with the disc tray of my buddies.

His toddler son pushed a debit card into his consoles disc tray...

I have no idea how to help him! The best I could think of was the possibility of using the manual disc eject method.

What do you guys think?

(Also, best jab about it among his buddies is: "500 dollar debit card vault.")

:)

Deviant Irony, Feb 21, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 disapointing

The "I moved my console and it scratched the disc" scenario has been known about since just after the 360 was launched.

-

So very old news, Has been plenty of threads on here about it over the years.

-

Don`t move your console with a disc in the tray!

Paraffin Alien, Feb 21, 2014
  3. southpark
    southpark Guest
    Leaving Games In The Console

I usually just leave the disc in the tray until I get ready to play a different game or watch a movie. The way I see it, if you remove a disc from the disc tray every time you finish playing a game or watching a movie, it puts more wear and tear on the mechanisms that control the tray. If you can minimize the opening and closing, you can avoid wearing out your disc tray prematurely.

southpark, Feb 21, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

Depending how far it went in would depend on the best way of trying to get it out.

Long needle nose pliers or tweezers may be your best starting point if you can see the card in the drive slot.

Unplug the console and face the drive down and tap on the back of the console, see if it makes the card emerge enough to grab it. Don't knock too hard, you don't want any electronics inside getting knocked loose.

The manual eject may not reach the card to push it out, don't put a disc in there to try to get them pushed out together as that could cause more damage to console and disc.

If all else fails, contact the bank and cancel the card and then contact Microsoft to return the console explaining what happened.

Bazajaytee, Feb 23, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: