Auto shutdown problem

Discus and support Auto shutdown problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi, I like to do my downloads overnight as my broadband is not the fastest. I set the box to auto shutdown after 1 hours inactivity. The problem is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by peter_rogers@live.co.uk, May 21, 2018.

1. Auto shutdown problem

hi,

I like to do my downloads overnight as my broadband is not the fastest. I set the box to auto shutdown after 1 hours inactivity. The problem is that downloads are not seen as an activity so consequently the console shuts down not completing the task.

Why is download not an activity. You can monitor my network usage so surely you can tell i am downloading.

I appreciate i can set the xbox to never shutdown but a safer use of the kit is to shutdown when inactive.

Many thanks.

:)

peter_rogers@live.co.uk, May 21, 2018
  2. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    Auto Shutdown

Hey there amitso! Did you give those steps that Mister Fizzle posted a shot? If so, let us know how they went and we'll work with you from there! ^_^

Mister Cerb, May 21, 2018
  3. Auto Shutdown

Hey there , is you`re xbox turning on and off or just shuts down ?

COMMANDO KID 00, May 21, 2018
  4. amitso Win User

Auto Shutdown

It shuts down automatically, when it is running i can hear beep randomly, also it automatically start after 3-4 minuts
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

Auto Shutdown

Hey there amitso! Did you give those steps that Mister Fizzle posted a shot? If so, let us know how they went and we'll work with you from there! ^_^
  6. COMMANDO KID 00 Win User

Auto Shutdown

Hey there , is you`re xbox turning on and off or just shuts down ?
  7. MisterFizzle Win User

Auto Shutdown

Hey there Amitso,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your console shutting off.

To clarify:

• Is your console shutting off or is it restarting automatically?

You may want to try resetting you're console's display settings:

• Make sure the disc drive is empty.
    • Turn off the console.
    • Turn the console on using the guide button on the controller.
    • As the console boots up, press and hold Y while pulling right trigger on the controller.

This will reset the display settings and restart the console.

Another step to try would be to:

1. Disable Display Discovery
    2. Clear your system cache
    3. Restart your console
    4. Enable Display Discovery

Also, since your power supply lights are green and your console's power button is showing green, you may also want to check the solutions in our

No Power Troubleshooter

Please let us know how that all goes for you and we'll work from there.
  8. BongKaos Win User

Auto Shutdown

It may sound silly but, wipe down the front of the console with a dry cloth. Remove any debris from the touch sensors. Is the console still under warranty??? Keep us updated and GOOD LUCK!!!
Thema:

Auto shutdown problem

1. Auto shutdown problem - Similar Threads - Auto shutdown problem

2. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  3. Xbox One X Auto Shutdown?overheating message #Fornite Only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Auto Shutdown?overheating message #Fornite Only: My Xbox One X Occasionally auto shuts down and when rebooted gives the overheating warning..........Now I can play apex legends for 5 hours straight with no issues my son plays Fortnite for 30mins...
  4. YouTube bypassing Auto-shutdown

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube bypassing Auto-shutdown: Hello, I use my xBox to watch stuff to fall asleep to every night as well as for gaming. I have auto shutdown set to kick in after an hour of inactivity which works on other media apps like...
  5. Xbox Auto Shutdown? 01-15-20 5:35p

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Auto Shutdown? 01-15-20 5:35p: Need some help and hopefully this can be seen by a support/technical staff member. In the middle of playing Halo2 with the improved graphics and my Xbox just randomly shuts down? I noticed some...
  6. Xbox One S Auto Shutdown with Wired Ethernet Connection

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S Auto Shutdown with Wired Ethernet Connection: My Xbox One S has a habit for automatically shutting down only once I hook in the wired Ethernet cable. The unit is not overheating, a common auto-shutdown culprit, because the only instance in...
  7. Auto shutdown problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto shutdown problem: hi, I like to do my downloads overnight as my broadband is not the fastest. I set the box to auto shutdown after 1 hours inactivity. The problem is that downloads are not seen as an activity so...
  8. 自动关机 [Translation - Auto shutdown]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    自动关机 [Translation - Auto shutdown]: 新买的XBOXONES一玩游戏就自动关机 [Translated - The newly bought Xboxones automatically shuts down as soon as he plays the game] 04bd759f-958b-43ea-a581-d447a6ee2883
  9. 360 Auto-shutdown feature - advice needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Auto-shutdown feature - advice needed: Hi all, This is a bit of a "non-issue" but I'd be interested in a solution none the less. I have the Auto-Shutdown feature enabled and set to 1 hour. If I leave my 360 on whilst downstairs or...
  10. Auto-shutdown broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto-shutdown broken: My 360 has developed a problem with the auto-shutdown feature. My console is set to shut down after one hour of inactivity. But it is not fully shutting down. The console looks like it's fully...