Auto HDR changes resolution settings?

Discus and support Auto HDR changes resolution settings? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Pretty basic question but I haven’t found an answer. I’m on series X, I have the 1440p 120hz settings on and I also have auto HDR. When I play a game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mxnkster, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Mxnkster
    Mxnkster Guest

Pretty basic question but I haven’t found an answer. I’m on series X, I have the 1440p 120hz settings on and I also have auto HDR. When I play a game and the auto HDR kicks in, does it change my console settings to 4k60 or am I still 1440p120 but with HDR enhancements?

:)

Mxnkster, Oct 15, 2022
  2. Mxnkster Win User

Yes I have 4K too. But right now, with my 1440p 120hz settings on. If I start OW2, my screen goes black then “hdr on” pops up. So am I no longer gonna run 120hz?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

It entirely depends on the game. I don’t play overwatch so I’m not familiar with its particular specs
  4. BakyOsijekHr Win User

1440p HDR

Are you shure that your monitor is hdr compatible with Xbox dear sir? On your console try:

settings/display and sound/video output/4k tv details. Check box for hdr must be checked with green. I think that you must have 4k tv for that.

But when you set your resolution to 1440 there is no option for hdr. Xbox is doing down sampling. Read about that here

Part of the problem is the HDR setting would only be available if you can get your console to allow you to change the "Allow 4k" setting, but without using 4k resolution - may need to change from Auto-detect for display connection in video settings
    to Manual.

Maybe this helps.
  5. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Xbox one X MUST SUPPORT FHD HDR!

Seems weird that it can't as the Xbox One S does 1080p HDR, can't you just change the resolution to 1080p in the settings and have HDR enabled in the advanced video settings
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox doesn’t allow 1440p@120fps on my qualifying monitor

Thema:

1. Auto HDR changes resolution settings? - Similar Threads - Auto HDR changes

2. Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto hdr used to work now it doesnt: So before it was automatically on and that worked but then i went thru all my settings to turn on 120 fps om 1080 and i didn’t like how it looked so i went back and undid all the changes but now...
  3. Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV: Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update the box in settings now says my tv no longer supports. Hdr10 when is its a 4k uhd tv 78a7612c-ef3b-42bd-9b45-bd3f8c816bb4
  4. Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?: I'm wondering if adjusting the HDR settings would conflict with auto HDR when playing games that features it. adf94f5f-1e53-4f3f-9c6e-1d7b653522ce
  5. Will we be seeing more titles getting FPS Boost & Auto HDR in 2023?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will we be seeing more titles getting FPS Boost & Auto HDR in 2023?: I finally got my hands on a Series X console and my favorite feature by far is the Auto HDR & FPS boost for games that have not received an official Series X upgrade. The sad thing though, is that...
  6. Hello, Does Xbox One X support auto hdr?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, Does Xbox One X support auto hdr?: Hello, I am asking if Xbox One X supports auto hdr? 7e687521-ce1f-4bde-ab50-c7c4d54d97b7
  7. Greyed out HDR10 and Auto HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Greyed out HDR10 and Auto HDR: Hello guys,I just recently bought the xbox series s and the games seemed too blurry for me I checked the settings and at the “vide modes” menu the HDR options were all greyed out I been searching...
  8. Xbox Series X auto HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X auto HDR: The auto HDR was working perfectly fine since I've been playing on the Series X. Then I started up a game and right before it entered the auto HDR mode I opened the menu and then something...
  9. Xbox One Series S Auto HDR help, won’t appear.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Series S Auto HDR help, won’t appear.: For some reason my Xbox S doesn’t even have the option available for auto HDR, like the box to check it off isn’t even there but the HDR10 box is and I have checked it off, my tv will accept HDR...
  10. Auto HDR issue on Xbox series s?

in XboX Insiders
    Auto HDR issue on Xbox series s?: I have an issue where on games when I have auto hdr on, the games will get really dark over time and I have to go to the home menu and then go back to the game to fix it. I ended up just turning...