Audio won't play on Xbox

Discus and support Audio won't play on Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My audio won't come through my Xbox, I don't know the exact cause but ever since I got off Overwatch 2 and took off my headset, my audio wouldn't play.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WeariestWheel89, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Audio won't play on Xbox

My audio won't come through my Xbox, I don't know the exact cause but ever since I got off Overwatch 2 and took off my headset, my audio wouldn't play. I tried YouTube and other games and such and nothing worked, then I went back to Overwatch 2 and the audio played? No other game plays audio other than Overwatch 2. My TV isn't muted, the TVs audio works, it's just Xbox.
    I've done all the research I could. If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me.

:)

WeariestWheel89, Oct 12, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Audio won't play on Xbox

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. SaijWise Win User

Audio won't play on Xbox

Same thing happened with Xbox Series S. Tried to mess with audio settings, restart it, hard restart, moved hdmi ports, even factory reset and still nothing. I’ve seen through research this is a common issue. Following to see if there’s anything that will help
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One X: Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) support

As the Xbox One X is an audio source, it doesn't need to send or receive audio via ARC or eARC.

Audio Return Channel is only for TV's that are supposed to "return" Audio back to an AV receiver or connected Soundbar.

As the Xbox One X doesn't have speakers to play audio recieved through ARC, it won't support "ARC" or "eARC". Your TV needs to support ARC or eARC.

What exactly is your TV and console setup, that you would need eARC in the Xbox One X?
  5. BLADERUNNER811 Win User

getting lots of error messages with new update to media player preview (0xc1010107, 0xc00d36c3, 0xc00d5212)

I've not had the "Can't play file..." message but it's good to know there is a solution should it happen.

My solution is mainly for any movies with DTS audio as currently XBOX ONE won't support it.

Oly
  6. SMNS Chimp Win User

Game audio through stereo headset?

I just updated my controller and it now plays game audio through the chat headset that came with my One but I can't chat with it anymore. Any ideas on how I can fix this?
    my controller is updated and the game audio won't work sometimes it will it just won't show the chat mixer option HELP
Thema:

Audio won't play on Xbox

1. Audio won't play on Xbox - Similar Threads - Audio won't play

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Headset audio won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset audio won't work: I have the xbox wireless headset and it's Been falling apart but now the sound won't work it will work on other devices just not on my Xbox one and when I look at the audio settings it shows the...
  4. Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV: Title I read that I should get an HDMI splitter to fix the problem, but the one I got didn't help. Does anyone know what type I should get? submitted by /u/Cool-Wrangler-8605 [link] [comments]
  5. Won't record audio for gameclips or GamePlay huge bug !!!

in XboX Insiders
    Won't record audio for gameclips or GamePlay huge bug !!!: So I record last 30 seconds or 1 minute it won't record the audio also the file will be corrupt. I have reset the entire console rest all my games on series x it's running latest Omega build I was...
  6. Xbox Game bar: Microphone audio won't go through unless I'm screaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game bar: Microphone audio won't go through unless I'm screaming: The issue I'm encountering is explained in the title of this post. It began happening after I shutdown my laptop, moved to another place and opened it up again while also lowering the sound for...
  7. The *new* Microsoft edge won't allow websites to play audio.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The *new* Microsoft edge won't allow websites to play audio.: So already today the Xbox update killed my console and after an hour of so I finally got it back running. However in this time I noticed it had the new edge app installed. Didn't think much of it...
  8. Xbox series x controller connected to PC won't play audio through earphones connected to...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x controller connected to PC won't play audio through earphones connected to...: I've tried three different regular pairs of earphones and it's the same thing. I hear a popping sound when connecting the earphones to the controller. Works with playstation 4 controllers. Not...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller - Connected to PC won't play audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller - Connected to PC won't play audio: My xbox controller is connected to my PC through the wireless USB thing, it has been working fine since I got it about 6 months ago. My controller died yesterday (for some reason the light stayed...
  10. Next episode won't play video while snapped?!? Only audio plays...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Next episode won't play video while snapped?!? Only audio plays...: Was playing some peggle and watching netflix snapped and when an episode ended and the next one starts, I only get audio and no video. Have to go full screen, then back home, and snap the game...