Audio settings keep resetting

Discus and support Audio settings keep resetting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a new Xbox One S with HDMI out to my Vizio M70-C3. I have HDMI out (ARC) from my TV to my Vizio sound bar. Every time I turn off and then turn... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MightyMouse1511, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Audio settings keep resetting

I have a new Xbox One S with HDMI out to my Vizio M70-C3.

I have HDMI out (ARC) from my TV to my Vizio sound bar.

Every time I turn off and then turn on my Xbox the audio output goes from Bitstream to Stereo.

It's the only setting that keeps doing that.

Every time I turn off the Xbox my TV turns off which in turn off the sound bar.

Anyone think of a reason that the audio output is the only think that resets after turn the Xbox back on?

:)

MightyMouse1511, Nov 7, 2016
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Audio settings reset on their own

So I'm using the One X and have had the audio setup for Dolby Atmos, or so I thought. I just recently noticed (but it could have been happening for a while) that the audio settings on the console are resetting themselves so when I'm having to change the
    settings back to Atmos everytime I turn on the console. Any suggestions on how to keep the settings from changing?

Smwutches, Nov 7, 2016
  3. ReDGuNNeR
    ReDGuNNeR Guest
    Sound help !

Clearing the cache is one solution. Also make sure that this specific game is not on a different setting that your audio system does not support. Go into the options and reset everything to the defaults or try a different audio configuration type. Does this happen with all games or just a single title? Sounds strange to be honest (no pun intended)

ReDGuNNeR, Nov 7, 2016
  4. ChainedBlue Win User

Audio Settings reset

I'm having this same issue but mine keeps resetting to uncompressed audio.

My xbox one is connected to an onkyo tx-nr806 by hdmi and I manually set it to bitstream to DD. When i have the console power option to instant on, it keeps resetting to uncompressed audio when it wakes from sleep.

If I put power options to energy saving then it will keep the DD signal upon rebooting. I don't understand what is going on but it definitely is a bug. I even tested turning on my devices in different orders and it doesn't make any difference.

It was nice to finally get DD bitstream but theres no point if the xbox can't remember what I set.
  5. SacTownRadio Win User

Audio Settings reset

2 major updates and this still isn't fixed!?!
  6. CMUchippewa Win User

Audio Settings reset

It's a bug. It should be getting fixed in an upcoming patch. This is a known issue.
  7. SmashingHokie Win User

Audio Settings reset

I've got this problem, too. Not a deal breaker, but really annoying. Hope they fix it soon.
  8. SacTownRadio Win User

Audio Settings reset

What is strange is when it powers on, it will go back to uncompressed stereo. But if I hold the power button down for 10 sec (hard reset) when it boots up again it will have Dolby Digital or DTS depending what I set it to. Very strange...hopefully this
    new April update will fix this issue. Hope MS can put this on it's priority list, as didn't mind changing it every time for the first few months, but never thought this would still be an issue almost 6 months later!
Thema:

Audio settings keep resetting

1. Audio settings keep resetting - Similar Threads - Audio settings keep

2. Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S audio settings for soundbar: Howdy Got my young fella a used Samsung HW-MS750 5.1 soundbar for his birthday to hook up to his Xbox One S so he can get a bit more sound when playing his games My main questions are, as i have...
  3. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  4. So if you are not sure about audio from both headset and TV here is the fix in settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    So if you are not sure about audio from both headset and TV here is the fix in settings: You go to settings the follow this GENERAL>VOLUME & AUDIO OUTPUT> ADDITIONAL OPTIONS> MUTE SPEAKER AUDIO WHEN HEADSET ATTACHED I am posting this because I have seen a few people posting about...
  5. Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t audio play through my headphones I’ve tried the settings I’ve watched 3 vids to...: HELP PLEASE I’ve tried everything 6ef48a46-d4dd-4291-9c8a-3125532ffdfc
  6. Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?: If you want the best in sound that it's usually best to have the headphone app be whatever headphone app corresponds to the audio code language of the Blu-ray disc or Web movie or game you're...
  7. Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All": Hello, I am using Windows 11 and took a video using Windows Game Bar. I could hear audio the entire time I took the capture, and capturing settings were set to "All" yet the video has no sound....
  8. When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...: Does it happen to any one else ? 082944cb-2fe1-4b44-8f36-8b454c0a26e4
  9. Remove game audio from head set Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove game audio from head set Xbox series X: I play on my xbox with only one ear bud in at any time and cannot hear my party over the game. I'd like for the game audio to come out of the television only and chat audio to come out of my...
  10. How to set up headset audio?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to set up headset audio?: Please someone actually tell me what to do. Because all the other answers is from like 2 years ago. How do i set up my audio to be in my headset when i play a game, i have tried literally...