Audio Output and Input Missing from Voice Chat in Xbox Game Bar

Discus and support Audio Output and Input Missing from Voice Chat in Xbox Game Bar in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, The issue originated from my inability to join xbox party chat. I have narrowed it down the issue is due to the fact that Xbox Game Bar is not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ljmadness, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Ljmadness
    Ljmadness Guest

Hi,

The issue originated from my inability to join xbox party chat. I have narrowed it down the issue is due to the fact that Xbox Game Bar is not detecting my Audio Input and Output devices in setting ->voice chat.

However, the same Audio Devices are showing up in the Audio Tab of Xbox Game Bar. I even tried capture and record my desktop screen and that is working perfect, but for the life of me I can't figure out why the same devices are not showing up in Setting
    ->Voice Chat.

I have already tried reset, repair, reinstall Xbox Game Bar and my RealTek audio driver and nothing is working.

Any ideas/suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ljmadness, Apr 1, 2020
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Cant hear game audio when in party on PC

Of course, mate.

Ok:

Open the Xbox Game Bar and join/initiate a party chat (don’t leave the party till the completion of the solution).

Now open the Xbox Game Bar Settings by clicking on the Gear icon and in the menu shown, click on Party Chat (in the left half of the window).

Then set your Audio Output to the headset and if it is already set to the headset change it to another device (if you only have one single device, then try to use a dummy device from applications like Virtual Audio Cable).

Repeat the same for Audio Input and then close the Settings Windows.

Then click on the Widget Menu and choose Audio.

Now make sure the output (in the Mix tab) and input (in the Voice tab) is set to your headset. And make sure the system sounds are on max.

Then repeat steps 2 to 4 but make sure your headset is set as audio output and input device.

Now close the Settings window and check if the party chat and the game's volume have started to work fine.

If not, then check if disabling Push to Talk in the Party Chat settings of the Game Bar solves the issue
  3. whiteandshiny Win User

Have you checked out your privacy settings in windows as sometimes this can stop audio inputs from sending audio online.
  4. Ljmadness Win User

Guys, this **** has been PLAGUING me for months... I have opened tickets with them and gotten nowhere. This is the 1st post I have even been able to find about it. Did anyone get it resolved??? Sometimes i can restart my PC a few times and it will work.
    but if i leave the party or whatever it will lose it again.

This is ridiculous that Microsoft can't get voice chat working on Windows 10 operating system. They should scrap the whole damn thing and integrate discord.

PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU HAVE A RESOLUTION

-Tyler aka Ur2Eazy_ImDADDY
    So for whatever reason the audio input and output driver started to show up on xbox game bar, but now whenever I try to join a friend's xbox party my party chat just shows connecting.... for my avatar and it just gets stuck there forever. Not sure what
    else is causing a problem at this point.
  5. DualFever Win User

Same thing just started today. Updated GoW trying to use input/output on xbox game bar or wahtever the windows version is and there are no devices under input or output. All worked fine last week.
  6. Ljmadness Win User

Did you have a windows update or install anything recently? I have built two PC at my house, and I have the exact same issue in both PC. I have no idea how this is happening to both PC. If it was one, I might be convinced that this is just some setup
    issue.
Thema:

1. Audio Output and Input Missing from Voice Chat in Xbox Game Bar - Similar Threads - Audio Output Input

2. Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device: I think some windows update caused this or something. Basically my headset which has a built in microphone is plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop. When it is plugged in it should show...
  3. I need help figuring out how to get audio output.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need help figuring out how to get audio output.: I have not been able to talk to anyone in a party for over a year now. I can hear them, but they can’t hear me. This started when I had my old Xbox One and old headset. I thought that maybe it was...
  4. Wireless Xbox Controller turning off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Controller turning off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input...: Hello, Please see the previous locked thread on this issue. While using a Wireless Xbox Controller, it turns off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input while connected to PC via...
  5. Part chat audio sounds doubled when using party chat output to headset and speakers.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Part chat audio sounds doubled when using party chat output to headset and speakers.: I'm trying to use the party chat output to headset and speaker to capture the party chat on my elgato HD60X but when I put it to headset and speakers but it makes the party audio sounds like it's...
  6. Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app?: The xbox mobile app does not allow for selecting audio input and output. This used to be a dropdown in the party menu. A separate thread mentioned the feature being removed because the app SHOULD...
  7. How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...: So, I bought this new PC and mostly everything works! The only thing I'm concerned about is the audio inputs and outputs, whenever I plug in the output it works fine, but when I plug in my input,...
  8. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Audio Output AND Mic Input

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Audio Output AND Mic Input: Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though...
  9. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input: Hello, thank you for taking the taking to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though...
  10. Xbox keeps cutting my Audio input and output out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps cutting my Audio input and output out: My microphone keeps cutting out at random times when ever I’m doing anything I’ve tried it on both my controllers and it still did it when I plugged it into anything else it worked fine so i think...