audio mixing on xbox wireless headset

Discus and support audio mixing on xbox wireless headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the new starfield edition wireless xbox headset and I'm using it on PC with a xbox wireless adapter. Does the audio chat/game mixing feature not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoeKerr28, Sep 22, 2023.

1. JoeKerr28
    JoeKerr28 Guest

I have the new starfield edition wireless xbox headset and I'm using it on PC with a xbox wireless adapter. Does the audio chat/game mixing feature not work on PC?

:)

JoeKerr28, Sep 22, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello JoeKerr28,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

Based on the information you provided, you wanted to know if your Xbox Wireless adapter works on your Windows PC. To answer your question, the audio chat/game mixing feature should work on PC with the Xbox Wireless Adapter. However, there are a few things that you can check to ensure that the feature is working properly. Also, it requires Bluetooth 4.2 +, Xbox Wireless Adapter or compatible USB-C cable.

Then, make sure that your headset is properly connected to your PC via the Xbox Wireless Adapter. You can do this by checking the device settings on your PC and ensuring that the headset is selected as the default audio device.

Next, check the audio settings in the game or application that you are using. Some games and applications have their own audio settings that may override the audio chat/game mixing feature on your headset. Make sure that the audio settings in the game or application are set to allow for audio chat/game mixing.

You can also check this helpful link for further details: Xbox wireless headset FAQ

If you have checked these settings and the audio chat/game mixing feature is still not working, you may want to try updating the firmware on your headset. You can do this by connecting your headset to your Xbox console and following the instructions in this article: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ssories/update-xbox-wireless-headset-firmware

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello JoeKerr28,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

Oh, thank you for that, JoeKerr28 and my sincerely apologies for the delay. I'm actually just came back from a short leave due to health issue.

How are you doing? Is the issue still occurring?

If yes, I just want to clarify is the concern present only to this game? Have you ever checked on that with the other game? This will help us isolate the issue.

In the meantime, let me provide you with some general troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check the sound settings on your device. Make sure that your headset is selected as the default playback device.

2. Update your headset drivers. You can do this by going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest drivers for your headset.

3. Try using your headset on a different device to see if the issue persists. This will help you determine if the issue is with your headset or your device.

Regarding your concern about the mixing feature, some games may not have the option to set the channels on the mixing feature. You can try adjusting the sound settings on your device to see if this helps. You can also check the documentation that came with your headset to see if there are any specific instructions on how to use the mixing feature.

If you have tried all of the above troubleshooting steps and the issue still persists, please let me know.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Microsoft Community
  5. JoeKerr28 Win User

So there isn't a way to set what is the options of the mixing feature? I haven't seen any settings in any of my games that would allowing to set what is either of the channels on the mixing feature. This seems poorly thought-out feature that I paid for that isn't actually available. I have another headset that easily allows me to choose what apps use to mix to different sound outputs. If this doesn't work, i suppose i need to return this item.
  6. Listed mia 510 Win User

How do I adjust chat/game volume on astros?

6) Select Bitstream format and then select Dolby Digital.

Configuring the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter

By default, the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter will output both game audio and voice audio which will render the mixer on the A50 Wireless Headset unusable. Follow the below steps to set the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to only output voice audio which
    will correct this.

1) Set the mixer on the A50 Wireless Headset to full voice audio. To do this, hold down the voice button on the A50 Wireless Headset until you hear two beeps. Two beeps is an indication that you have fully mixed towards either game or voice depending on
    what button you was holding.

2) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the chat audio button until you hear a beep. At this point, you should only be able to hear voice audio from your Xbox One.

3) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the plus button until the voice audio no longer increases.

That's all that's to it! You will now be able to use the microphone from your A50 Wireless Headset on your Xbox One and the mixer will work as intended allowing you to mix between game audio and voice audio with ease. Should you have any further questions
    regarding the A50 Wireless Headset and Xbox One, please feel free to post them on this thread and we'll respond as quickly as possible with an answer for you.

This seems to be the same for the Xo7 as well. My co worker said there is not even a volume control turn dial at all.

IMO this is not ok.

That copy paste is saying turn your game audio off to be able to adjust your voice volume.
Thema:

1. audio mixing on xbox wireless headset - Similar Threads - audio mixing wireless

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Spotify audio mixing not working

in XboX Insiders
    Spotify audio mixing not working: Anyone having issues with mixing Spotify audio and system audio? All sound comes through at 100% all the time and I can reduce sound from either Spotify or system. Setup: Xbox Series X Gen4 Astro...
  4. mixed reality and audio problems after standy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mixed reality and audio problems after standy: Hi everyone, I can't figure out an audio problem with mixed reality. I use flight simulator 2020 but for a while now, using two addons that must be installed on the C, after wmr standby, the audio...
  5. Xbox Headset Wireless: Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does not work on Windows 11\10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset Wireless: Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does not work on Windows 11\10: FAQ page for the product says that Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does work on Windows when connected using Xbox dongle. On any of my devices it does not work, in any game or chat. On my...
  6. Xbox game bar messes with audio mix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar messes with audio mix: I have a new computer. and I am noticing that often game bar will move around the audio mix sliders by itself. I never use the audio mix function, and keep finding apps turned down to minimum...
  7. When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...: Does it happen to any one else ? 082944cb-2fe1-4b44-8f36-8b454c0a26e4
  8. Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix: Sounds like others are experiencing this issue in DIRT 5 and AC Valhalla, where certain sounds aren't producing (announcer in DIRT 5) via center channel in the 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed output. Are...
  9. Audio mix in game bar isn't working - speakers + applications aren't showing up

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio mix in game bar isn't working - speakers + applications aren't showing up: [img] Every time I get on my PC after a shutdown, it works just fine. But the moment it goes to sleep and turn it back on, the speakers, as well as all of my applications do not show up. I am...
  10. Can you mix game audio and party chat audio?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you mix game audio and party chat audio?: Before I buy a new headset and stereo adapter I would like to confirm one thing. From what I understand you can blend and control the volume between game audio and chat audio. For example, when I...