Audio mix in game bar isn't working - speakers + applications aren't showing up

Discus and support Audio mix in game bar isn't working - speakers + applications aren't showing up in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; [img] Every time I get on my PC after a shutdown, it works just fine. But the moment it goes to sleep and turn it back on, the speakers, as well as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by brokeboy024, Mar 22, 2020.

1. brokeboy024
    brokeboy024 Guest

Audio mix in game bar isn't working - speakers + applications aren't showing up [​IMG]

Every time I get on my PC after a shutdown, it works just fine. But the moment it goes to sleep and turn it back on, the speakers, as well as all of my applications do not show up. I am using Bluetooth speakers but I have tried to disconnect and reconnect
    them and nothing shows back up.

:)

brokeboy024, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox console companion: Wrong output

If you press Win+G (Windows icon on keyboard) to bring up the Game Bar, then click the Speaker icon, what is it showing in the Mix bit? It should show what you current global Windows audio setting is...at a guess I'd say it's set as Speakers rather than the Headset.

At another guess, I'd say Discord and Spotify auto-detect your headset rather than using global Windows settings
  3. XBF - Evie Win User

Only capturing my voice when using Teamspeak & Discord when recording video game clips

Hi AnthonyMurdock,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with getting your friends’ audio to come through in your game captures. I have a quick question that I’d like you to answer before I can further troubleshoot you.

Based off the information I see in your post - I would assume that you are playing on a PC and are trying to make captures via the Xbox Game Bar? And encountering audio issues within Xbox Game Bar captures?

If so, there is a Mixer that is built into the Xbox Game Bar that you can fiddle with that can help your friends’ audio come through clearer in game captures/recordings. To access the Mixer, press “Win + G” to open the Game Bar, navigate to the Audio tab (Looks like a speaker in the top ribbon, or will auto open with the Game Bar), and navigate to Mix.

Under Mix, you will see all the applications open on the device and a volume slider for each app. I believe that by default all of the sliders are at 100%, but if not, you can change it to 100% or whatever volume level you prefer.

Also, within Settings in the Xbox Game Bar – there is a section labeled Capturing and then a sub-section titled “Audio to Record”. I believe by default it is set as Game which is just your game and your mic. You can change it to All as that includes Game audio, your microphone, apps, and your computer system. That would probably help include audio from other programs such as Discord/Teamspeak into your captures!

I hope these suggestions help! If this answered your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Can I use Stereo Mix if I have no speakers?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

No, you cannot use Stereo Mix if you have no speakers. Stereo Mix is a feature in Windows that allows you to record audio output from your computer. This means that you need to have speakers or some other audio output device connected to your computer in order to use Stereo Mix.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Xbox Game Bar Capturing Audio Issues

Hello Lilliretta,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble with the Xbox Game Bar audio recording. I understand how frustrating that can be. Here are some possible steps you can try to fix the issue:

- Check if your Windows 10 is up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers or software can cause audio problems. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click Check for updates.

- Make sure your microphone and headset are plugged in correctly and not muted. You can test your microphone and headset in the Xbox Game Bar settings by clicking on the gear icon and then on Audio.

- Adjust the audio mix settings in the Xbox Game Bar. You can change the volume levels of your microphone, system sounds, and party chat by clicking on the speaker icon and then on Audio mix.

- If none of the above steps work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Game Bar app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features and find Xbox Game Bar in the list. Click on it and then click Uninstall. Then, go to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar and install it again.

Please see: Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. CainAranda1 Win User

Chat audio going to TV instead of headset

Go to audio setting on your console and select tv speakers for chat mix instead of headphones or vice versa.
Thema:

1. Audio mix in game bar isn't working - speakers + applications aren't showing up - Similar Threads - Audio mix game

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Spotify audio mixing not working

in XboX Insiders
    Spotify audio mixing not working: Anyone having issues with mixing Spotify audio and system audio? All sound comes through at 100% all the time and I can reduce sound from either Spotify or system. Setup: Xbox Series X Gen4 Astro...
  4. mixed reality and audio problems after standy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mixed reality and audio problems after standy: Hi everyone, I can't figure out an audio problem with mixed reality. I use flight simulator 2020 but for a while now, using two addons that must be installed on the C, after wmr standby, the audio...
  5. audio mixing on xbox wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    audio mixing on xbox wireless headset: I have the new starfield edition wireless xbox headset and I'm using it on PC with a xbox wireless adapter. Does the audio chat/game mixing feature not work on PC?...
  6. Xbox Headset Wireless: Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does not work on Windows 11\10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset Wireless: Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does not work on Windows 11\10: FAQ page for the product says that Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does work on Windows when connected using Xbox dongle. On any of my devices it does not work, in any game or chat. On my...
  7. Xbox game bar messes with audio mix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar messes with audio mix: I have a new computer. and I am noticing that often game bar will move around the audio mix sliders by itself. I never use the audio mix function, and keep finding apps turned down to minimum...
  8. When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I plug my head set in it doesn’t let me change the audio or the mix between my game...: Does it happen to any one else ? 082944cb-2fe1-4b44-8f36-8b454c0a26e4
  9. Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix: Sounds like others are experiencing this issue in DIRT 5 and AC Valhalla, where certain sounds aren't producing (announcer in DIRT 5) via center channel in the 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed output. Are...
  10. Can you mix game audio and party chat audio?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you mix game audio and party chat audio?: Before I buy a new headset and stereo adapter I would like to confirm one thing. From what I understand you can blend and control the volume between game audio and chat audio. For example, when I...