Audio loss after changing inputs issue

Discus and support Audio loss after changing inputs issue in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey so the last week or so i have been having an issue where I'll be playing a game for a bit and i turn off my xbox or change input to either netflix... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Kylofett33, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Audio loss after changing inputs issue

Hey so the last week or so i have been having an issue where I'll be playing a game for a bit and i turn off my xbox or change input to either netflix app or my laptop where i stream sports and when i return to the game i was playing there is absolutely no sound, in the game or the menus. The only way to fix this from what i have found is my going to volume settings and switching from 5.1 to stereo and back. (I don't have a receiver or sound bar but my tv downmixes 5.1 for virtual surround so i use 5.1).

Full shutdown seems to prevent the issue from popping up for a bit but it will eventually happen again. Going on 3 or 4 times now, in the last week.

This happen to anyone else? Not sure if it is a TV issue, i am using a Sony 900h on the eARC input 3, put have no sound issues on my Laptop input or through built in apps.

submitted by /u/Kylofett33
    [link] [comments]

/u/Kylofett33, Apr 23, 2021
  2. daneel1954 Win User

HD Benefits......

Just adding to Juxtapose13; the audio also changes, not by the cables, but by the differences in processing inputs/outputs. It is probable that his 'turtle beaches' sound quality changes with input/output changes and his tastes prefer one over the other.
    My Sony TV has a noticeable change from DVI + Audio to HDMI and I'm hard of hearing!
  3. Dlaloc Win User

My friends in party chat hear me as distorted and robotic

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this

Can you try and double check the next?
    But first fully close Discord

"Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device

Go to your Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth & devices
    Select Devices > Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound
    Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
    Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app to verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

If the issue persists try this:

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice
    Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat
    Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    Select Settings > Audio
    Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...
    All of these options have been tried and I believe audio enhancements affect only your audio output, not sure how that would change anything. I know this is not a mic issue as it works fine on discord and my monitoring sounds perfect. It's only those I'm in a party with hear me robotic. It's most likely a system or program issue.
  4. Waxx1981 Win User

HDMI Input causing intermittent Audio and Video signal loss issues

• HDMI 2.0 just came out. I would be extremely disappointed/suprised if MS built a system that was dependent on hardware that came out only a couple months before it's release.
    • Also, I definitely did not purchase the most expensive HDMI cables on the market(the difference in performance between high end and cheap is negligible, the price difference is only worth it for better quality connectors), but I did not buy cheap ones either.
    All that having been said. The last thing I did between the system working and not was connect my laptop to the HDMI on the Xbox One to watch a video. When I was done I disconnected the HDMI and plugged back into the Cisco box. The problems started
    soon after. I just tried reconnecting the laptop and it worked just fine, so instead of DC'ing the cable again I shut the laptop completely down until the Xbox notified me it no longer saw the device. I then reconnected the Cisco box and haven't had a problem
    since. Looks like the Xbox was having problems switching from the signal coming from the laptop to the signal coming from the Cisco box. A little disappointing, but if the issue is gone I can just make sure I connect my laptop from an input on the receiver
    instead of the Xbox from now on.

Thanks for the help.
  5. Ynubiis Win User

I just ran into the same problem this morning and emptying the cache also worked for me. This fixed issues with no audio while watching live TV and stuttering video that would pause every 5 seconds or so as if the picture was buffering.
  6. Fat Boy 99 Win User

I'll keep posting this until people listen as I truly think this is the issue. The HDMI receptacles in the back of the console are set back too far and normal HDMI cables make a weak connection at best. The only known resolution at this point is to have
    MS send you another cable. If you don't believe me, just measure the ends of the cables. Hold them up to each other to compare and you will see that the ends of the MS cable is slightly longer and there fore makes a solid connection.

I have been through all of these issues of intermittent signal loss, degrading signal loss, and from working pretty good at the start to not hardly working at all. I had the console replaced, tried 4 different brands of HDMI cables, a different cable box,
    etc. It took a while and lot of fiddling with cables but after determining that it was indeed due to a bad connection and realizing that he ports themselves were fine, I got looking at the cables.
Thema:

Audio loss after changing inputs issue

1. Audio loss after changing inputs issue - Similar Threads - Audio loss changing

2. Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game)

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game): I was playing RE7: Biohazard Gold Edition on my Xbox series S and there is a cutscene in the old house where Lucas grabs Mia from the neck and says some dialog. I was using headphones on the...
  3. Complete and total audio loss from consle

in XboX Insiders
    Complete and total audio loss from consle: Since yesterday, 08/01/2023, I'm experiencing complete and total loss of audio. No systems audio nor audio during streaming video or playing games. I don't even have audio while using web browser....
  4. packet loss/audio issues/games crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    packet loss/audio issues/games crashing: My game is crashing and has alot of audio issues, with packet loss, this comes admid xbox status reporting issues with "e Football". 9ceb7530-20ac-4800-887c-ebefec0efedc
  5. Audio loss after self-power off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio loss after self-power off: Hello I’ve recently discovered after having to do 3 soft and 1 hard reset over the last 4 weeks … that every time Xbox reaches the maximum predetermined standby time and self powers off … on start...
  6. Unexplained loss of audio.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unexplained loss of audio.: I have had the Series X for a few weeks and since new I have lost audio of games, apps and home screen sounds. For example I recently watched BBC iPlayer without issue then, right after, used the...
  7. Complete audio loss after the update

in XboX Insiders
    Complete audio loss after the update: I'm not the only person with this issue, please hot fix this fast xbox team submitted by /u/Ironworkrocks [link] [comments]
  8. xbox series x loss of audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox series x loss of audio: After shutting down the series x and it goes into instant on mode, black ops cold war loses its audio. I have to kill the game and restart to get audio back. ea65836f-702c-43f5-974b-c59d7c516e39
  9. Any suggestions for loss of audio on Xbox One S Console please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any suggestions for loss of audio on Xbox One S Console please?: Hi, I've lost sound through the console when playing the sound through the TV monitor, but still works through my headset. I've tried changing the HDMI cables, checked settings on Xbox and the...
  10. DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless

in XboX Insiders
    DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless: Anyone loosing HDMI audio more often since starting the DTS beta? No audio coming out my receiver, just headphone audio. Tried toggling between Auto and HDMI video settings and many console...