Audio issues when switching from a game in HDR to an SDR game.

Discus and support Audio issues when switching from a game in HDR to an SDR game. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey so I’ve been having a random issue where if I’m playing a game that’s in HDR (example: Forza Horizon 5, Starfield, etc.) and the. Switch to a game... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Dr1veTru, Oct 9, 2023.

1. /u/Dr1veTru
    /u/Dr1veTru Guest

Hey so I’ve been having a random issue where if I’m playing a game that’s in HDR (example: Forza Horizon 5, Starfield, etc.) and the. Switch to a game that’s in SDR like Minecraft I lose all audio until I go back to a game that’s in HDR mode. Anyone have any ideas on a fix because I had a similar issue with my series S and now it’s back with my Series X.

submitted by /u/Dr1veTru
    [link] [comments]

/u/Dr1veTru, Oct 9, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series - Black Home screen

Hi,

What happens if you turn off both allow 4K and the HDR setting? (turning off Allow 4K should turn of HDR anyway).

When your playing games in HDR and go back to the dashboard there will be a momentary pause or black screen. This is normal as the Xbox dashboard operates in SDR and both the monitor and the Xbox should switch back to SDR.

I'm just curios to see if there is an issue with switching between HDR and SDR on this monitor.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the M27Q is an older HDMI 2.0 display and that can be bandwidth limited. Besides, this is only an HDR 400 display which means it doesn't get bright enough for HDR to really stand out. Decent HDR needs HDR 600 or more to actually make much of a difference together with good local dimming.

Just because it can do HDR doesn't mean you need to have it on. On displays with poor HDR implementation having it on can actually make the picture worse.

Have you updated the monitors firmware?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

HDR

Hi,

In addition to Arminator's comments, HDR is best set to 'Auto' on your TV/monitor.

Setting it to always on won't look right for SDR content, luminecence and colour will be all wrong on SDR games and video content with HDR forced to on.

With HDR set to Auto, your display will only use HDR when HDR content is detected.
  4. Marvelous Web Win User

Xbox HDR screenshots look washed out

I've tried

Switching the YCC 4:2:2 on and off.

Hard Reset

So far I've only tried that but I think there's not much I can do to fix a Game DVR issue. My HDR works when I play games but it dies on me when I view DVR HDR screenshots.

The problem manifested it self for the first time in December 18, 2018. Everything before that, the screenshots looked better in HDR than SDR form.
  5. Supra Hadouken Win User

Achievements issue while in HDR

Might be something to do with the achievements pop up notification being in SDR, so when one pops the screen goes back to SDR then once it goes off the screen it goes back to HDR.

Like I said, it's pretty game breaking, and I've had the issue for months.
  6. Spitfire Spud Win User

HDR issue on Xbox One X

Hello

When your playing a HDR compatible games it will change your TV setting over to HDR Colour Settings automatically, So when your viewing your HDR recorded videos your TV is set to SDR that is why your seeing it grey.

Thanks! One of my friends mentioned something similar.
    That is not the issue I'm having...
Thema:

1. Audio issues when switching from a game in HDR to an SDR game. - Similar Threads - Audio issues switching

2. [AUDIO ISSUE] XBOX parties work with audio but not Discord Link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [AUDIO ISSUE] XBOX parties work with audio but not Discord Link: Well, I'm having issues. This started just today, and I did what was instructed on the help area. None of it seemed to help. When I join a voice connection, I see on my overlay someone talking,...
  3. Xbox series x audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x audio issues: I've had a Xbox series x since November 2023 and since day 1 there's been bits of popping in my headset whether it be in a game or watching YouTube or Netflix. I've gone through multiple headsets,...
  4. I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat): Hi everyone For the last week or so I've been having some truly frustrating audio issues. Currently everything works perfectly except for the fact that I cant hear other players speak. I can see...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  6. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  7. Discord streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming audio issues: I tried streaming Alan wake to my friends using the discord feature and they were able to hear the music and sound effects as well as the characters talking but could not hear the narration voice...
  8. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  9. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  10. Xbox one streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one streaming audio issues: I am streaming from xbox one directly to twitch. Playing fortnite for example. In my headset, I hear clearly all of my teammates in game chat. My stream cannot hear some of my teammates most of...