Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch

Discus and support Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Every new update brings the same exact patch notes saying “we’ve got reports of audio issues…blah blah blah.” Can we please get some form of update or... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/sigmundslim, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch

Every new update brings the same exact patch notes saying “we’ve got reports of audio issues…blah blah blah.” Can we please get some form of update or at least some progress on these issues?

Dolby atmos is laughably atrocious with audio stutters and sound delay even with pass through active.

On top of that there’s the new issue of the broken audio balance slider not working at all. Why is audio such a huge issue that is seemingly being pushed to the way side? Microsoft, please put more resources on fixing these in a timely manner. Audio issues have been plaguing this console since launch.

submitted by /u/sigmundslim
    [link] [comments]

/u/sigmundslim, Feb 10, 2024
  2. HAMI210 Win User

Dolby Digital Issue

They must have fixed some of the initial audio problems with DTS from launch. When i first got the console at launch, i set it to DTS and would experience a similar audio issue when watching tv. The crackling wasnt subtle though.

Since switching back to DTS, I havent had this issue so it looks like they fixed this in the recent updates since launch.
  3. Viper7Gamer Win User

Obsolete Consoles

I don't think the current Xbox One consoles will be obsolete after the Xbox Series X launches, maybe in 3-4 years after.
  4. pkvas Win User

Did the 360 have issues early on?

Neither console is perfect but I haven't had any issues with the one and had it since launch had 3 360s all of which died after about 2 years but worked perfectly during that time
  5. SweetTRIX Win User

Intermittent black screen, Xbox One X

I appreciate the response. I was wondering if this may be the case, but why would the app cause issues with the consoles display settings? After attempting to launch the app the tv display reads 720, then the screen just goes completely black and doesn't
    rectify after exiting the app using the home button in the guide (still have audio, can hear the tones).

I'll follow-up with Netflix if need be, but I want to be sure its actually their problem first.
  6. Krylo42_ Win User

Controller shuts off and audio cuts out

I’ve used the same earbuds for 3 years and never had an issue until March of this year randomly and when my audio and controller cuts out I usually just unplug the headset and listen to audio through my tv however my controller will still shut off or disconnect
Thema:

Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch

1. Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch - Similar Threads - Audio issues still

2. [AUDIO ISSUE] XBOX parties work with audio but not Discord Link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [AUDIO ISSUE] XBOX parties work with audio but not Discord Link: Well, I'm having issues. This started just today, and I did what was instructed on the help area. None of it seemed to help. When I join a voice connection, I see on my overlay someone talking,...
  3. Xbox series x audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x audio issues: I've had a Xbox series x since November 2023 and since day 1 there's been bits of popping in my headset whether it be in a game or watching YouTube or Netflix. I've gone through multiple headsets,...
  4. I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat): Hi everyone For the last week or so I've been having some truly frustrating audio issues. Currently everything works perfectly except for the fact that I cant hear other players speak. I can see...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  6. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  7. Discord streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming audio issues: I tried streaming Alan wake to my friends using the discord feature and they were able to hear the music and sound effects as well as the characters talking but could not hear the narration voice...
  8. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  9. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  10. Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?: I’ve always had the YouTube audio lag but recently noticed the lag gets even worse at a quicker rate, I’ve looked online but I can’t see anyone with these issues still recently, didn’t know...