Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos

Discus and support Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? The audio pops and crackles intermittently throughout any 4k video when viewing YouTube. This issue is on a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ViolinistOutside8916, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos

Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? The audio pops and crackles intermittently throughout any 4k video when viewing YouTube. This issue is on a wired headset plugged into the controller. It only happens when viewing 4k videos on YouTube.

All other apps, games, and videos have no issues.

submitted by /u/ViolinistOutside8916
    [link] [comments]

/u/ViolinistOutside8916, Jan 18, 2024
  2. Don Schellhammer Win User

Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?

I am have an audio lag on YouTube TV series X

Don
  3. olderthanthehil Win User

My Xbox One X struggling on Recent Youtube 4K Videos (UPDATED)

I have my first Xbox ever for about 1 month and im already havings issues with it . My Xbox one X while playing some 4k videos on Youtube app randomly freezes the picture in the video and keep it grey or greenish for
    a few secs while audio keep playing . I have been trying a few videos and looks like the 4k videos that do this are recent the oldest video that i had the freezing issue was uploaded 4 weeks ago .
    This freezing issue is very anoying . Im looking for solution , theres anybody else having this issue ? Is my Xbox one X faulty ?

UPDATE 1 : I can say the Xbox one X is struggling reason why if go to advance settings in a video on youtube APP and wait the freeze grey /green screen happean i see
    on dropped frames go up 100 to 500 dropped frames (depending for how long the video freeze) .

UPDATE 2 : I already thinked about a possivle bug on youtube app on xbox one x so i had a ideia of downloading 1 youtube video on my computer , copy to my external HDD
    NTFS and run it via media player app . First time i run it didnt freeze a single time during the entire video (video 4 min long) then i run other VIDEO (a old 4k video that allways worked fine) after that i run the downloaded video again but this time it
    freeze like it does on youtube app . This prove the Xbox one X is having a hard time rendering the video and is nothing wrong with the youtube app it does the same on media player via USB .

UPDATE 3: 3 days ago i try run it again on media player via USB but for my suprise i was able to run it 3 times (2 in a row) without a single freeze . It
    seems the Xbox One X struggles less on Media player .

UPDATE 4 : I power cycle once a day my xbox one x , i really need that ppl let me know if this happean on their Xbox one X aswell , only that
    way i can know if my Xbox One X is factory defected . Once again old 4k videos before decembre 7 2018 work fine .
    I've had the issue since before the November update (I was hoping it would fix it) . However , when the video would freeze up , the sound keeps on playing . It looks like you had a dying video card or corrupted driver on a pc . Pushing any button on the
    remote will bring it out immediately . It's worse on new 4k 60p videos , but will also happen with 4k videos at 30 and 24p . Watching the same videos (except the 60p) on my S model plays just fine . Also , sometimes 1440p videos trip it too . I tried watching
    a year old video & it tripped there too . YouTube won't answer & the last posting I was on here was closed by Xbox without warning .
  4. KaiN05 Win User

Why is my Series X having audio issues?

Audio issues here but only when streaming movies and shows on Prime Video and Disney Plus so far. The Series X sucks. The One X is/was better.
  5. Edge Sangral Win User

Series X 4K HDR video upload to YouTube failed (even from my PC video doesn't match Youtube requirements)

This is a problem since around December.

Before that you could upload 4K HDR videos without any problem to YouTube, yes even recorded with Series X, so it's not even a new console gen issue, but since them, it doesn't work anymore, something, maybe with a firmware update, has changes from one day to the other and now YouTube is always rejecting them with an error message and I can't believe this is still not fixed.
  6. ChrisShivers1 Win User

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

By chance do you have a Dolby Atmos setup? Also, I have those settings to choose from as well, BUT this original issue still remains. The center channel still doesn’t play properly (in Dolby Atmos).

As an update to all reading this, or more of a verification that MSFT messed something up. I just upgraded to an Apple TV 4K device two days ago. I can literally jump between it and Xbox series X running the exact YouTube video, and can completely confirm the lack of center channel audio using the series X.

Anyway, with the new update coming that will allow us to literally test our individual setups, I’m kinda looking forward to the flood of complaints MSFT is about to get. It’ll be unavoidable (IMO) for them to ignore this major issue.

My setup for anyone with questions:

LG C9 65”

Xbox Series X

Denon 8500HA (Reference)

15 speakers in a 7.2.6 Dolby Atmos configuration.

Apple TV 4K (which has resolved all my streaming issues, games obviously still have center channel issues).

200+ Mb internet.
Thema:

Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos

1. Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos - Similar Threads - Audio issues Series

2. Xbox series x audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x audio issues: I've had a Xbox series x since November 2023 and since day 1 there's been bits of popping in my headset whether it be in a game or watching YouTube or Netflix. I've gone through multiple headsets,...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  5. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  6. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  7. Audio issue with series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio issue with series X: I use a sound bar with optical audio into my xbox one, I upgraded to a series X and can no longer use my optical cable. How do I connect my Sony soundbar to my series X (without using a HDMI Arc)...
  8. Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game)

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game): I was playing RE7: Biohazard Gold Edition on my Xbox series S and there is a cutscene in the old house where Lucas grabs Mia from the neck and says some dialog. I was using headphones on the...
  9. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: When I live stream on Twitch my mic volume is extremely low even though I have set it to the max output. I tried updating my controller and turning the console on and off. My mic volume is still...
  10. Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?: I’ve always had the YouTube audio lag but recently noticed the lag gets even worse at a quicker rate, I’ve looked online but I can’t see anyone with these issues still recently, didn’t know...