Audio distortion/clipping (too loud)

Discus and support Audio distortion/clipping (too loud) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can't seem to set the game volume. if i set it to 6% or higher, It is always as loud as to the point of clipping/distorting. 5% and lower... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SKramer83, Aug 2, 2014.

1. SKramer83
    SKramer83 Guest

I can't seem to set the game volume.

if i set it to 6% or higher, It is always as loud as to the point of clipping/distorting.

5% and lower disables/mutes the sound.

Other games (Pinball fx2 & Mahjong) don't have any issues.

Game was freshly bought and installed.

Tested on 2 PC's, both with Windows 8.1

Any help is greatly appriciated.

:)

SKramer83, Aug 2, 2014
  2. ROMPHF
    ROMPHF Guest
    HDMI-IN Audio distortion

Since the July update, every time I turn on the Xbox my HDMI-IN has audio distortion and I have to unplug it (It being my Chromecast) and then plug back in for it to work correctly.

If I turn the Xbox off I'll have to do it again the next time I turn it on.

ROMPHF, Aug 2, 2014
  3. HDMI-IN Audio distortion

ROMPHF I have the exact same problem. I can temporarily fix it by rebooting my xbox or unplugging the chromecast but the issue comes back each time I go to use it in the future.

I will try the above suggestion by MaximumExtreme but I have already done the hard reset but not with the additional unplugging of the chromecast.

I have been searching have not found a permanent solution yet.

BirdOfPrey 13, Aug 2, 2014
  4. ll Ronin ll Win User

made new bf3 videe, looking for some feedback

Not too bad. Try turning down the main volume some so loud sounds aren't so distorted.
  5. MEGA MAN-67C02A75-B7 Win User

GOW3 console

The sounds sound weird. It sounds like the audio is too loud for the speakers and the speakers sound like they're about to burst
  6. xNikolex Win User

Partychat variable/adaptable Volume

I would love this! Because of some players being too loud i sometimes have to compromise game audio.
  7. ClassicAttack80 Win User

A half a day with upload studio.

yeah the in game audio, if my TV is up loud does that mean the DVR is recording the audio equally as loud?
  8. CrackedVegan Win User

Headset echoes

When a headset echos its usually has something to do with the headset, and sometimes the headset's volume is too loud causing the mic to pick up the headsets audio.
Thema:

1. Audio distortion/clipping (too loud) - Similar Threads - Audio distortion clipping

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11: My clip's video and audio of others in discord + ingame are fine. My microphone for some reason is the only one distorted in the clip. It is not distorted on discord or in the game and my friends...
  5. Xbox Game Bar records game audio as bassy, crackling, and distorted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar records game audio as bassy, crackling, and distorted.: Hello! I've recently started to record clips of Destiny 2 on Xbox Game Bar and the in-game audio of the clip is heavily distorted. I have my bluetooth earbuds and wired mic set up to the proper...
  6. Game and pc audio is distorted and unchangeable when in Xbox game bar party

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game and pc audio is distorted and unchangeable when in Xbox game bar party: So basically, when I join an Xbox game bar party, my audio in a game or another application is distorted. This audio distortion also happens when I launch specific games like sea of thieves and...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops,...: Hi, I just bought the Starfield version of the Xbox Wireless Headset. I really want to like it, but my experience has been downright abysmal since I started using it with my PC. First, I tried...
  8. Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted: Hi, I currently have a custom built PC and am using PC Game Pass for most of my games, but every time I launch a multiplayer game like sea of thieves, my audio shoots up to max when it was...
  9. Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?: Hi, so I've been having this problem whenever I play a game that I have downloaded through the Xbox game pass app where the audio always sounds far away and there is a faint crackling sound. It is...
  10. Prof. Answer needed: Win11 Xbox GameBar Party Voice Audio Chat choppy and distorted

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Prof. Answer needed: Win11 Xbox GameBar Party Voice Audio Chat choppy and distorted: Hello everybody, I'm here for advice of how to solve my problem (which is like a riddle from the Greek mythology and only the Best can succeed). I have a full modern Win11-PC with all the...