audio cuts when input is changed

Discus and support audio cuts when input is changed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m using a Samsung M7 monitor with studio monitor speakers. These work fine together until the input is switched to an Xbox series X. Signal chain... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Finn Haney, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Finn Haney
    Finn Haney Guest

I’m using a Samsung M7 monitor with studio monitor speakers. These work fine together until the input is switched to an Xbox series X. Signal chain should be Xbox >hdmi>M7 monitor >usb out >interface> speakers. I’m aware Xbox no longer supports 3rd party audio but this seems too far.

:)

Finn Haney, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Finn Haney Win User

They’re krk Rocket 5s powered speakers and they’re currently running via usb out the back of my monitor. Seems like when I switched inputs it would also change my audio input in a smaller hidden “gaming menu” just had to select the interface in both the normal tv menu and then again in the “gaming menu”. Hope this helps anyone with the Samsung M7 monitor.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft has never supported things like DACs for Xbox, or any non-licensed USB headsets, speakers, etc.. DAC manufacturers refuse to support HDMI for some reason, even though it's been the standard digital interface for about 20 years. You're referring to the closing of the bug unlicensed controller manufacturers were exploiting. Therenis no third party peripheral ban

I have never seen "studio monitor speakers" that work over USB. Even USB-C can't drive one let alone a pair of what is usually called monitors. What is the make and model?
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Finn Haney,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I am glad to know that you are able to resolve the issue on your end. I also appreciate you for sharing the steps that you have done, it will help a lot of people here on community. Thank you so much!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Finn Haney,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I understand that you are experiencing audio issues when switching the input to your Xbox Series X on your Samsung M7 monitor with studio monitor speakers. Just a reminder, here on community we are not able to double check accounts and devices to check for the possible issue. What we can do here is provide/guide customers with possible troubleshooting steps for the issue.

Based on the information you have provided, it seems that the issue may be related to the audio settings on your Xbox Series X.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-Are you getting any error message?
    -What was the changes made on your end before the issue occurred?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

•Check the audio settings on your Xbox

Make sure that your Xbox audio settings are configured correctly. You can check your audio settings by going to Settings > General > Volume & audio output

•Check the audio settings on your monitor

Make sure that your monitor’s audio settings are configured correctly. You can check your monitor’s audio settings by going to Settings > Sound > Sound Output

•Check the cables and connections

Make sure that all cables and connections are secure and properly connected. Try unplugging and re-plugging all cables to ensure a secure connection

Update your drivers
    Make sure that your drivers are up to date. You can update your drivers by going to the manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers for your device

If the issue persists, you may want to try connecting your Xbox Series X directly to your speakers to see if the issue is related to the signal chain.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. daneel1954 Win User

HD Benefits......

Just adding to Juxtapose13; the audio also changes, not by the cables, but by the differences in processing inputs/outputs. It is probable that his 'turtle beaches' sound quality changes with input/output changes and his tastes prefer one over the other.
    My Sony TV has a noticeable change from DVI + Audio to HDMI and I'm hard of hearing!
Thema:

1. audio cuts when input is changed - Similar Threads - audio cuts input

2. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  3. Xbox audio cutting out constantly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox audio cutting out constantly: Whenever I am in apps, (yt tv, Spotify, YouTube, netflix) my audio cutting out all the time. Not a completly cutting out, just like lagging. But whenever I am in games or in party chat my audio is...
  4. I have and wired headset and the audio cuts in and out.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have and wired headset and the audio cuts in and out.: I have a wired headset and a elite seires 2 controller. My audio is fine playing games but when intry and watch youtube or crunchyroll my audio.gets really choppy. What could cause this?...
  5. Why is my audio cutting out on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my audio cutting out on my series X: So I got a series x in June and a month ago ive noticed the audio cuts out after I start the console. I have two microsoft official headsets and they experience the same issue. both of these...
  6. Wireless audio is cutting out on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless audio is cutting out on xbox series x: So I have been using the official xbox wireless headset and for some reason whenever I start up the console the audio starts cutting out when doing anything. The only way to fix this is to reset...
  7. How do I fix my audio cutting out and my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my audio cutting out and my controller randomly disconnecting?: So I’ve been having this issue lately where my audio will start cutting in and out randomly at like 10 second intervals and it gets really bad while in an Xbox patty and people are talking....
  8. My xbox series x audio is cutting out

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series x audio is cutting out: So I have had a xbox series x for about three months. In the past two weeks I have started experiencing audio cutting out when I start my xbox. The only way to stop this from happening is to...
  9. Audio cut outs with Dolby Atmos headphones surround on

in XboX Insiders
    Audio cut outs with Dolby Atmos headphones surround on: I've been wearing the same headset and for months never had issues, but since the last week or two, I've noticed split second audio cut outs on Xbox when Dolby Atmos for headphones is on. I do not...
  10. Controller shuts off and audio cuts out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller shuts off and audio cuts out: I need help fixing my controller, I’m not sure why but it constantly does this thing where the audio gets super choppy where I can’t hear my party, audio, and my friends can’t hear me because of...