Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

Discus and support Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IofBeeb, Apr 10, 2024.

1. IofBeeb
    IofBeeb Guest

I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s not compatible. I uninstalled the Dolby Atmos app, set all my audio settings back to normal, now my old headset has no audio. Old headset works on other consoles, my controller does show it’s connected, no updates needed for console, controller, and headset is old doesn’t need updates. I have reset my Xbox, keeping all game data, I have reset it deleting all my game data, I plugged in the console to a tv with speakers it works fine. I’ve done all the troubleshooting for audio on Microsoft’s website. I feel like I’ve done everything to no success, last effort is posting here and hoping someone has a solution.

:)

IofBeeb, Apr 10, 2024
  2. Jason Lazette Win User

No 360 wireless headsets will be compaitible for X1?

m.ign.com/.../xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets

Quote: While game audio will be available through the system's optical port, in order to support chat communications, headsets will be required to make use of the new connection type.

So to answer my own question...sound yes, chat no...but I guess you can just chat through kinect instead
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox one headset no ingame sound, only "xbox-sound"

Since you checked what is the headset audio option set to?

What headset do you have?

You have no sound at all on the headset or only the sounds of you moving thru the menu?

I have had instances (not recently) where I had to change my audio option after re-connecting my headset.

You may want to see what the audio is without the headset attached, then connect it and compare the settings do the change to pickup the headset connection.
  4. TheVet96 Win User

I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter seems to be in working order.

Hello Mimi!

Below is a list of non-compatible headsets:

Non-compatible headsets

The following headsets are incompatible with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter:

• Mad Catz Tritton Warhead headset
    • Mad Catz Tritton Primer headset (Mad Catz offers an adapter for the Primer headset to convert the 2.5-mm audio jack to a 3.5-mm audio jack. Contact Mad Catz for support.)
    • The Xbox 360 Wireless Headset and Xbox 360 Wireless Bluetooth Headset
    • Headsets with this 2.5-mm connector will not work because of the connector format. This connector includes a long, cylindrical pin in the middle of the connecting side that does not fit into the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

More info on using compatible headsets with the adapter.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...ible-headset#047ca027eaf44c428f2799723b43aebc
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Will an Xbox 360 mic work with an Xbox One console?

Hi there,

There are a number of incompatible headsets for the Xbox One, depending on what you have, it most likely won't work. This page lists several of the incompatible ones on the bottom of the page:

Connecting Compatible Headsets

Just because the end connector looks the same, does not mean the headset will work.
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Mic problems on my brand new Xbox One

The problem is you are using an incompatible mic.

Any product that works with the iPhone (mic) will not work with an xbox one.

So basically you will need to purchase a compatible mice.

See OMTP vs. CTIA -
    support.xbox.com/.../connect-compatible-headset

Not all 3.5-mm audio jacks are made to the same standard. There are two audio jack standards:

Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA), and

Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP).

If you use an OMTP headset, you’ll probably experience audio or chat issues. However, if your headset or earbuds use the OMTP standard, you can purchase an adapter to convert the device to CTIA. These adapters are available at many electronic retail stores.
Thema:

1. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset. - Similar Threads - Audio bug trying

2. Fortnite Xbox audio bug/ crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite Xbox audio bug/ crashing: When I play fortnite on my xbox series X and I go to my side bar its freezes my xbox for a short few seconds, this has ultimately started to become a problem as I check the party im in a lot when...
  3. Why does my audio bug out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my audio bug out: Im on old gen, xbox one s. I will be getting new gen in a couple months. But something recently has really annoyed me, this only happens in fortnite. When i am talking to a friend in a party while...
  4. PC xbox app: game bar audio bug

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC xbox app: game bar audio bug: So hopped on Today and the xbox app gave me an update. Once I update and joined a party I noticed my party chat could only hear me when I had the xbox game bar open or with the party chat being...
  5. Audio Glitch/bug

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Glitch/bug: I was playing starfeild on my series x, decided to swap to YouTube and there was no sound. I have found that my games have audio, but when I exit the game my Xbox stops having all audio. No menu...
  6. Xbox series X livestream audio bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X livestream audio bug: So I’ve recently begun trying to stream from my Xbox series X with a RIG 700HX headset. The picture is crystal clear with no lag, but my audio is laggy and makes a weird crackling noise. This only...
  7. Audio bug....still

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug....still: How has this system been out for this long and the no audio glitch is still a problem?!?! Is Microsoft even trying anymore? I have hard reset the Xbox, did a full system wipe and still no audio....
  8. jedi fallen order bug audio-video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    jedi fallen order bug audio-video: Out of sync audio and image at the final scenes game. I have xbox series X and mode 60 fps 5baf0296-9f36-493a-b6d0-b9f5fe44a30e
  9. Xbox series s audio bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s audio bug: Facing no audio or very little audio in the game "A plague tale requiem". Sometimes the character do speak and are audible clearly but sometimes just no audio or very little, the ingame sound...
  10. Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends: Current issue is with the Game DVR. I've been having issues with the audio that is being captured during recorded clips, specifically in Apex legends. I've been troubleshooting the issue and have...