Atomic Heart causing PC to suddenly restart after starting up the game

Discus and support Atomic Heart causing PC to suddenly restart after starting up the game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've downloaded Atomic Heart on my pc from the Xbox App (I have also tried running from the Microsoft store but the same problem) and it begins the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Charley Scotford, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Atomic Heart causing PC to suddenly restart after starting up the game

I've downloaded Atomic Heart on my pc from the Xbox App (I have also tried running from the Microsoft store but the same problem) and it begins the start-up screens which look a bit glitchy before it almost gets to the start screen and my PC suddenly restarts. This is a repeatable problem and it never makes it to the actual start screen of the game. I'm pretty sure the specs of my PC meet the minimum for the game:

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F

Motherboard: MSI B760 Gaming Plus

GPU: GeForce RTC 3080 Series

32GB RAM

850W PSU

All drivers are up to date and other games run fine, and the only thing I can think of is a PSU fault, but wondered if there might be something I'm missing. I can see this is a commonly experienced problem by a number of people but the solutions usually seem to be things that I've already checked.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I have also checked there are no game updates, and been through a verify and repair on the game files Atomic Heart causing PC to suddenly restart after starting up the game :)

:)

Charley Scotford, Jul 29, 2023
  2. Charley Scotford Win User

Thanks for the reply!

I agree with my specs being suitable and I am thinking it could possibly be PSU related. In the event logs I can see the events are labelled critical with ID 41 so it sounds like a sudden loss of power due to potential voltage spikes. Diagnostic tools are registering no problems with my GPU and temps never seem to go over 70 so fingers crossed it isn't a problem with my GPU.

You've said you've played other games okay? What games were these?

Forza Horizon 5 for example plays fine throughout on the highest quality settings. I have found out that if I lower my monitor res then I can actually run Atomic Heart fine, but this is obviously not ideal. Similar problems occur with a heavily modded Minecraft.

Have you tried running some benchmarks on your PC to test it for stability issues. There is a demo available for 3D Mark on Steam.

I have with Heaven Benchmarking and it runs for a couple of minutes before crashing again with the same event ID. I have ordered a new PSU to try as a last ditch attempt as all driver related solutions are not working!
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Well there is no concern here about not meeting the requirements. Your system is similar to mine.

It is highly unusual for a software issue to cause a whole PC to reboot when launching or playing a game. With these kinds of problems I'd be inclined to look again at the PSU or RAM as the problem. A software issue would generally cause a BSOD or what's called a Windows Stop error, not a restart or shutdown.

You've said you've played other games okay? What games were these?

Have you tried running some benchmarks on your PC to test it for stability issues. There is a demo available for 3D Mark on Steam.

[​IMG]

I would give that a go for a good 30 odd mins. See if your machine remains stable.

1. download the graphics card driver don’t use the GeForce Experience link

1. Store the driver somewhere safe (you’ll need it later).
    2. Download DDU. The download links will be at the bottom of the website
    3. Run DDU. Select NVIDIA from the Graphics driver drop down. Then click the ‘Clean and restart’ button. Note, this may take up to 5 minutes to complete, depends entirely on the speed of your PC and how many old driver files needs to be removed. The process is automated and will re-boot the PC when it's finished.

[​IMG]

1. Find the Nvidia driver file you downloaded earlier and run it to re-install your graphics driver. Note: When you reboot, everything will be rather large, this is normal as you don’t have a graphics driver installed yet.

2. After the driver has been installed you can run your game again.
  4. StoneheartRaven Win User

My recently purchased games on XBox App on Windows 10 will not play my games,

It's not Atomic Heart specifically. It's that the XBox app is where I purchased Atomic Heart through, and because my XBox app on PC will not log me into XBox live when I launch Atomic Heart, for some reason, it also doesn't allow Atomic Heart to launch. Looking around, I'm far from the only person this seems to be happening to. And it's affecting more than Atomic Heart now. Any game I need to log into XBox live for, will not work when I launch it now. Including games like Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, which I had working just a month ago. Before anyone asks, yes, my Live subscription is up to date and active. Thus far, no remedy I've found has worked.
  5. John P_14 Win User

hi i need help i cant turn on atomic heart game on xbox game pass ultimate on pc? why ? Thank you

There are a few ways you can do to fix Atomic Heart's problems if you're using Xbox Game Pass on a PC:

1. Make sure your computer satisfies the minimum system requirements for the game by checking. The system requirements for Atomic Heart are listed on the game's shop page.

2. Verify any updates to make sure the game has the most recent patch or update. You may do this by selecting Atomic Heart in the Xbox app's "My Library" menu, then checking for updates.

3. Uninstall the game: Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game if resetting it does not fix the problem. To accomplish this, pick "Uninstall" from the context menu when you right-click Atomic Heart in the Xbox app's "My Library" section. You can reinstall the game using the Xbox app after uninstalling it before.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Atomic Heart will not start

Hi Ron!

What exactly is the Xbox console model you're using?

Do you get any error message when attempting to launch it? How about your other games? May I also know what steps have you tried so far?

Please try to simply restart your console by pressing and hold the power button and choose Restart.
Thema:

1. Atomic Heart causing PC to suddenly restart after starting up the game - Similar Threads - Atomic Heart causing

2. I did not recieve the twitch purple heart cape even after redeeming the coden

in XBoX on Windows
    I did not recieve the twitch purple heart cape even after redeeming the coden: I watched a twitch stream for 30 mins got a code i didnt use the code for 2 days it could be tht the code is expired but i wasnt provided any info on the code being expired i got the code on...
  3. Graphic issues with Monster Hunter Iceborne and Wild Hearts on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Graphic issues with Monster Hunter Iceborne and Wild Hearts on Xbox Series X: For months my son has had issues where parts of his his screen start off as sparks of white and then turn to blocks of black. I don't know what triggers them but they happen through the game until...
  4. Atomic Heart wont launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Atomic Heart wont launch: I have a problem with running Atomic Heart on dx12. I recive the error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNGED. I've checked all files integrity, checked drivers update, and directx version. Is there any way to...
  5. Can I get communication banned for telling someone I hope there heart condition gets worse?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I get communication banned for telling someone I hope there heart condition gets worse?: I got ganged up on by a bunch of scummy people I used to play games with because they were caught using people & there Xbox community to scam & use people They also keep harassing me & I have a...
  6. Xbox shutting down in starfield, atomic heart

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox shutting down in starfield, atomic heart: Good day. Since last alphaskip ahead, i cant play anymore in starfield, atomic heart. When i press launch game xbox console start flashing and restart, and its going again and again. Hope devs can...
  7. First time at upgrade machine with Atomic Heart can't proceed or install round attack?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    First time at upgrade machine with Atomic Heart can't proceed or install round attack?: First time using upgrade machine on Atomic Heart unable to proceed or install round attack ab7cdf38-ea36-4c68-a7b3-32ee305027d1
  8. Fallout 76 Atom Points Billed but not added to game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 76 Atom Points Billed but not added to game: I have have purchased Atom Points for Fallout 76 twice since the weekend. neither time were they added to my game. I had to contact Bethesda and they added one purchase to the game. My wife has...
  9. Xbox Dashboard Concept by Scouse ATOM

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dashboard Concept by Scouse ATOM: [IMG] submitted by /u/Scouse_ATOM [link] [comments]
  10. I bought the atom,tmnt,and enchantress pack on injustice for 20$ and only got the atom.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the atom,tmnt,and enchantress pack on injustice for 20$ and only got the atom.: has this happened to anyone else? How do i get either refunded or the characters i bought? I also bought the hellboy bundle and got all 3 characters promised....i just wanted the kids to be able...