Atmos via passthrough broken in latest build

Discus and support Atmos via passthrough broken in latest build in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Dolby Atmos does not work anymore via the passthrough feature. I only get DD+ on my AVR display and the ceiling speakers are quiet. The funny thing is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/bomli, Oct 27, 2021.

1. /u/bomli
    /u/bomli Guest

Dolby Atmos does not work anymore via the passthrough feature. I only get DD+ on my AVR display and the ceiling speakers are quiet.

The funny thing is that this is even true for the actual Dolby app. If you disable passthrough Atmos works, but with passthrough active the stream that gets handed to the AVR is in a simple DD+ format which misses the object based audio completely.

Does anyone else get the same result?

For reproduction, enable both Atmos and passthrough in the audio settings and then play one of the demo videos in the Dolby app.

submitted by /u/bomli
    [link] [comments]

/u/bomli, Oct 27, 2021
  2. sairuthwick Win User

Xbox Series S Audio Passthrough is still broken and it doesn't work for Netflix.

Geri,

I have the same issue on my Xbox Series X. Audio passthrough works perfectly fine with Disney+, Amazon Prime and Plex. When it comes to Netflix, it doesn't activate passthrough creating audio problems while playing Atmos content. The titles display Dolby Atmos, but there is no voice, only background music and sounds are played.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Where's the Customer Service?

4. OkamiPaws Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

Mine works fine with LG CX and JBL 9.1 soundbar Dolby atmos passthrough šŸ˜…šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø No delays or issues.
  5. Pschirki Win User

Atmos not working on netflix and games

Are you an Insider? There seemed to be problems with Dolby Atmos during the latest builds.

As for me, i'm Insider too, i use the Atmos App with my xbox hooked to an Pioneer VSX 1122 by optical cable. I choosed the optical headset option in sound settings and it's working like a charm with all games and apps.
  6. Kobus Strachan Win User

Xbox Series S Audio Passthrough is still broken and it doesn't work for Netflix.

I have the same issue, on box Xbox S, and now Xbox X. The passthrough doesn't work for Netflix. Very frustrating as Atmos content from Netflix does not work correct. This is only happening with Netflix, all else is fine with Atmos.
Thema:

1. Atmos via passthrough broken in latest build - Similar Threads - Atmos via passthrough

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. Iā€™ve...
  3. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  4. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  5. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  6. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  7. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  8. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  9. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  10. Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC: Hi there, I have now a new LG OLED C2 TV with which I want to take advantage of some of the Series X features such as 120 Hz and VRR. And I have a Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbox Series X Dolby Atmos passthrough