AT&T: poor connection speed

Discus and support AT&T: poor connection speed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; AT&T (ISPs): poor connection speed I am connected to xbox live through my AT&T DSL service. Although I have the highest speed available through AT&T I... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by LAstArmy, Nov 14, 2016.

1. LAstArmy
    LAstArmy Guest

AT&T (ISPs): poor connection speed
    I am connected to xbox live through my AT&T DSL service. Although I have the highest speed available through AT&T I still have very slow speed / response. Someone told me that I need to readdress the main firewall settings, but I cannot seem to find them
    on here. What should t he settings be? Also, what can I do?

:)

LAstArmy, Nov 14, 2016
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Garbage

My guess is that the op got a digital game & it took ages to download,probably due to poor broadband speed.

Or it was a disc copy & it took ages to install,which would also be affected by poor broadband speed if they were downloading updates at the same time.

Best to install the game while not connected to live if it was a disc copy & download the updates after.

Having to install games is how things are done on consoles now

Daft Badger, Nov 14, 2016
  3. DrumBones85
    DrumBones85 Guest
    xbox live connection issue att uverse

I use AT&T internet as well and I know what you are going through as I have the same issues from time to time and it's a combination of really poor equipment(the router/modem combo at&t sells) and their service which leaves a lot lacking.

I'm paying nearly thirty dollars a month for a connection speed of 6Mbps down and 1Mbps up and I'm only getting 768Kbps(Kilobits per second not Kilobytes which means I have an even slower connection than it looks) download and 128Kbps upload which is ridiculous
    because I'm paying for the mid tear speed package and getting bottom tear service.

I've already complained about not getting the speed I'm paying for to AT&T customer support via the phone and online forum to no avail, all anyone on their end could say was we are more than willing to increase your speed at an additional monthly cost increase
    to you..

Yeah right like I'm gonna fork out another twenty dollars for crappy service.

I'm in the process of looking at other ISP providers in the area and hopefully I'll be getting better internet in the next few months.

I won't ever recommend that anyone else uses AT&T internet service because you definitely don't get what you pay for.

I just recently found out that AT&T was sued for throttling individual customers connection speed slowing the connection down so that some of your resources could be shared out to the surrounding area to anyone else using AT&T internet which basically means
    that your paying for someone else to get on during the high usage hours of the day which coincidentally is illegal for AT&T to do.....

DrumBones85, Nov 14, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: