AT&T: Open NAT types for two Xboxes?

Discus and support AT&T: Open NAT types for two Xboxes? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Im having the same problem as this person but my router dosn't support upnp and i cant assign the same ports to oth xbox's Are you connecting two Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Tinkamii, Oct 16, 2018.

1. taidara
    taidara Guest

Are you connecting two Xbox one, or 360, or a combination of each?

taidara, Oct 19, 2018
  2. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Then I suggest you go the first page of this thread, and have a closer look at Arminators post/suggestion.

On your console's network settings you are now able to customize a different network port, than the default port (3074). Set a custome port on one of your Xboxs. I suggest you port forward the network ports used by your console. More specific, the custome
    port.

You assign each console a static IP, or make a reservation of the MAC address, of each console, to the DHCP reservation list of your router.

Important that you port forward 3074 to the console which default to this port, and port forward the custome port to the console with the customized port.

taidara, Oct 19, 2018
  3. I tried that but when i try to add the ports to the other xbox it says these this application is linked to a different computer and it wants me to unlink them from xbox 1 and put them on xbox 2

Soul Eater 735, Oct 19, 2018
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Do you get the same message if you try the same thing on the other Xbox?

What port(s) are you able to select from?

taidara, Oct 19, 2018
  5. I get that message when im on the at&t router settings and on both xboxes im able to select 3074 and soome more above 50k

6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Do you get the same message if you try the same thing on the other Xbox?

What port(s) are you able to select from?

What type of router is your Xboxs connected to (make & model)?

Are they directly connected to the router, or is there any networking device in between?

taidara, Oct 19, 2018
  7. Im connected to a model 5268AC at&t router and there is nothing in between

8. taidara
    taidara Guest

Could you describe where on your router you're trying to port forward, and which ports you've assigned.

Could you describe how you've configured your consoles network settings?

taidara, Oct 19, 2018
  9. Tinkamii
    Tinkamii Guest
    So, I ended up letting my xbox to go to port 3074.

What I tried on the second xbox was

System(gear icon)>Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate Port Selection>Manual

Then I changed the port from 3074 to a different port (there's a list of them, I just picked one)

Then I went to my router settings and opened the port I chose on udp and tcp

Both Xboxes have open NAT now. I will see how this works for awhile.

I would still like to know how to set up a statc I.P address though.

Thank you everyone <3

Tinkamii, Oct 20, 2018
  10. taidara
    taidara Guest
    The easiest way is to assign the Xbox One's MAC address in the DHCP reservation list of your DHCP server and choose an IP that is currently not leased by the DHCP server. Take a look and see if your router support DHCP reservation. Otherwise, you would have
    to manually type in a unique IP, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS (eg. 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4).

Best practice is to set a static IP that is not included in the dynamic pool of leasable addresses. That is to make sure the DHCP server do not lease a conflicting address (duplicate address), being already assigned to a host on the same subnet.

taidara, Oct 20, 2018
  11. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    There are two ways:

As taidara described, you can let your router assign the same IP to a specific device that is identified via it's MAC address.

Alternatively, you can set the network settings in the console to have a static IP. First, make sure you know the DHCP range of your router (i.e. the range of IP addresses your router distributes automatically to connected devices).

This range varies from router model to router model, so please check the user manual or the DHCP settings of your router.

Let's say for example, your router uses a DHCP range from 20 to 200. That means your router assigns addresses from for example 192.168.1.20 to 192.168.1.200, leaving the ranges 192.168.1.201 to 192.168.1.254 as well as 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.19 free for
    static IP use.

Again: These are just example values. Please check your router documentation and settings for your actual ranges and addresses.

After you checked which IP addresses are outside the scope of DHCP, you can go into the console settings, then network, and then "Advanced Settings". Take a note of the current IP address, the Subnet Mask, Default Gateway address and DNS IP addresses. Now
    you can change the IP setting to manual.

For the console's IP use an UNUSED IP that is outside the DHCP range of your router. Copy the Network Mask (usually 255.255.255.0) and default gateway from your notes.

As DNS entry you can either use the DNS your router provided, or you can use a slightly faster DNS from Cloudflare at 1.1.1.1, or Google's DNS service at 8.8.8.8.

Arminator, Oct 21, 2018
  12. ELTALADRITO
    ELTALADRITO Guest
    on the same network i think that is not possible

ELTALADRITO, Oct 21, 2018
  13. taidara
    taidara Guest

What is not possible on the same network?

taidara, Oct 21, 2018
  14. Puppy Fujo
    Puppy Fujo Guest
    There is a simpler solution and im surprised no one has thought if it yet. Set static IP addresses for both Xbox's (different ones of course) Open the required ports for the one Xbox. And set the other using DMZ. Please note this is not ideal as it will
    open all ports, but with an Xbox there is less risk than with other devices. Here are the instructions.

1. Open the gateway home page at http://192.168.1.254.

2. Click the Settings tab, then click the Firewall tab.

3. Click Applications, Pinholes and DMZ.

4. Select the computer that you want to put in DMZplus mode.

If the computer you want to select is unlisted because it is powered off and the

Hide inactive devices option is enabled, you can select it if it is on the same

network and you know its IP address. Enter the IP address and click Choose.

5. Select Allow all applications (DMZplus mode).

6. Click Save.

7. Confirm that the computer you selected is configured for DHCP. If it is not,

configure it for DHCP. See “Configuring DHCP” on page 20.

8. Restart the computer. When the computer restarts, it receives a special IP address

from the gateway and all unassigned TCP and UDP ports are forwarded to it.

When you want to remove the Xbox from DMZ, Go back to your eouter settings, select the device and select maximum protection and that will close the ports once again.

Then both Xbox's will have the necessary ports open.

Puppy Fujo, Oct 21, 2018
  15. I did this but dmz is not working correctly it has strict nat type and cant even connect to xbox

Soul Eater 735, Oct 22, 2018
Thema: