AT&T: Open NAT types for two Xboxes?

Discus and support AT&T: Open NAT types for two Xboxes? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; AT&T (ISPs): Open NAT types for two Xboxes? I did this but dmz is not working correctly it has strict nat type and cant even connect to xbox Could... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Tinkamii, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Tinkamii
    Tinkamii Guest

AT&T (ISPs): Open NAT types for two Xboxes?
    Could you go over the steps once more and assign each console a unique IP address (static and preferable, an IP (IP address/Subnet mask/Default Gateway/DNS) outside of the DHCP's scope of leasable addresses)). For one console, select custom port and save
    your changes.

Now, turn off both your consoles, and reboot your gateway.

Wait a couple of minutes for the gateway to boot properly.

Now try setup port forwarding rules for each Xbox.

:)

Tinkamii, Oct 16, 2018
  2. ItzzG0uld
    ItzzG0uld Guest
    AT&T: Nat type

AT&T (ISPs): Nat type
    My NAT type is strict but I want it to be moderate or open. Please help.

ItzzG0uld, Oct 16, 2018
  3. B3stOfBoth
    B3stOfBoth Guest
    AT&T: NAT Type

AT&T (ISPs): NAT Type
    i have US Cellular (D-Link Modem/router) and i cant get my NAT open, its either Strict or Unavailable.... this shit is irritating! ive called ISP and they have no clue wtf NAT is! any suggestions?

B3stOfBoth, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Wishcatcher
    Wishcatcher Guest

Hi,

Please check this video

Hope it helps you. If not call again once the helpdesk ( Contact Us | Xbox Support )

Regards,

Wishcatcher, Oct 16, 2018
  5. ForzaDrift Girl, Oct 16, 2018
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    The only port Microsoft recognize as being an "fallback port" is port 3075 (UDP). I've never seen a second Xbox One take use of port 3075 as a fallback port whenever 3074 is being used.

OG: What kind of "application" on you router did you setup to forward network ports used by your console?

Have you tried to only run UPnP on your router (with port forwarding disabled)?

FYI: Under normal conditions, whenever you port forward specific ports to a host machine on your local network, and at the same time are running UPnP on your router, UPnP tend to overwrite any existing static configuration, regarding port forward.

taidara, Oct 17, 2018
  7. Hey Tinkamii!

Normally if you were having problems with your network connection for your consoles, I would suggest looking into our page on
    Network settings on Xbox One and see if any information there helps resolve the issue.

However, recently there have been a lot of posts regarding AT&T issues for both home routers and hotspots. This
    leads us to believe it is a widespread issue. We are working together to find out what the issue is exactly.

For now, we suggest that you try to set up static ip addresses for both of your consoles and try changing the Xbox’s
    DNS server from automatic to manual, and then using 1.1.1.1and

Please let us know if this helps

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Oct 17, 2018
  8. Arminator
    Arminator Guest

Also check the following if you both have Xbox One consoles (the 360 doesn't have such a setting):

In the Xbox One's network settings, you can have the console use an alternative port for Xbox Live. By default, the Xbox uses port 3074 for Xbox Live connections, and if two consoles use the same port, the router doesn't know to which console it should send
    Xbox data coming in on Port 3074.

So set one console to a different alternative Xbox Live Port.

If your router properly support UPnP, then make sure you removed the manually forwarded ports for Xbox, and let the consoles tell the router which ports to forward to where.

If the router does not support UPnP, have both consoles use (a different) static IP address, and then set up manual port forwarding for each console's IP and different custom ports you set in the console's network settings.

If you have a 360 and a Xbox One, make sure the Xbox One uses a custom port different than 3074

Arminator, Oct 17, 2018
  9. Tinkamii
    Tinkamii Guest
    The only port Microsoft recognize as being an "fallback port" is port 3075 (UDP). I've never seen a second Xbox One take use of port 3075 as a fallback port whenever 3074 is being used.

OG: What kind of "application" on you router did you setup to forward network ports used by your console?

Have you tried to only run UPnP on your router (with port forwarding disabled)?

FYI: Under normal conditions, whenever you port forward specific ports to a host machine on your local network, and at the same time are running UPnP on your router, UPnP tend to overwrite any existing static configuration, regarding port forward.

I'm using a user-defined application to assign open ports to both xboxs

Tinkamii, Oct 18, 2018
  10. Tinkamii
    Tinkamii Guest
    This is the idea that I've wanted to try, but I don't know what steps to take when I get onto my router's page. >.<

Tinkamii, Oct 18, 2018
  11. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Tinkamii,

You can set up a static IP address and manually input DNS settings from your Xbox's network settings.

To set up a static IP address:

Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>IP Settings>Manual. When you go into Advanced settings, you will see your Xbox's assigned IP address along with a Subnet Mask and Gateway number. Write those numbers down or take a picture because you will
    need to manually input those when asked. Once you confirm your Xbox now has a static IP address.

DNS setting changes is also found under Advanced Settings. Select DNS settings>Manual and put 1.1.1.1 for the primary DNS and 1.0.0.1 for the secondary DNS. This is a public DNS server.

Try that out and let us know the results!

XBF Diego M, Oct 18, 2018
  12. Tinkamii
    Tinkamii Guest
    I tried this method on my xbox and it worked! My xbox has an open NAT now! (YAAAAY im so excited). Now, I will try to open one more for my sister and see if she can get hers to open NAT as well.

Tinkamii, Oct 18, 2018
  13. taidara
    taidara Guest

I tried this method on my xbox and it worked! My xbox has an open NAT now! (YAAAAY im so excited). Now, I will try to open one more for my sister and see if she can get hers to open NAT as well.

You will not be able to forward any additional ports, or 3074 for that matter, since the Xbox defaults to use port 3074 for Xbox traffic.

Your best choice is to try what Arminator suggested.

Configure a custome port for the Xbox (Xbox one) that shouldn't default to 3074 and create a forwarding rule for that customized port.

taidara, Oct 18, 2018
  14. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    That information is outdated, as the Xbox One now allows the user to select different alternative ports, so you could in theory get up to five different Xbox One consoles running in your home.

Please see my post below for more information.

Arminator, Oct 18, 2018
  15. Im having the same problem as this person but my router dosn't support upnp and i cant assign the same ports to oth xbox's

Soul Eater 735, Oct 19, 2018
Thema: