AT&T: My hotspot connection is strict nat and I don't know why

Discus and support AT&T: My hotspot connection is strict nat and I don't know why in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; AT&T (ISPs): My hotspot connection is strict nat and I don't know why Hello Silentkill4life, Please try the steps in my link to see if this resolves... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Silentkill4life, Sep 29, 2018.

1. AT&T: My hotspot connection is strict nat and I don't know why

AT&T (ISPs): My hotspot connection is strict nat and I don't know why
    Hello Silentkill4life,

Please try the steps in my link to see if this resolves the issue.

Issues
    Connecting to Xbox Live With AT&T

Best,

:)

Silentkill4life, Sep 29, 2018
  2. NAT Type suddenly changed to strict using iPhone hot spot.

I am on a college campus and the internet provided is too slow for online gaming. Given so, I have connected to xbox live via the hotspot on my iPhone 7 (using AT&T) for the past year. Because I have unlimited data, this seems to be the cheapest solution
    to achieve internet connection strong enough for online gaming. However, two days ago my iPhone hotspot suddenly stopped working with my xbox one. After using the hotspot for an entire year this is the first problem I have encountered with not having an open
    NAT Type.

My NAT Type is now Strict. I receive the error "UPnP not successful". Most of the forums I have read say that you can not open your NAT type while using a phone's hotspot. But I have used my iphone's hotspot for a year until just now encountering a strict
    NAT type.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you

RIGHTEOUS RIPS, Sep 29, 2018
  3. NAT type strict on mobile hot spot

Okay I have AT&T mobile hot spot because I live out in the country and that is really my only option at the moment. Now I use to have Verizon and never had an issue with my NAT type and if I did I could just restart the Xbox and the internet and be totally
    fine. The only reason I switched is because AT&T has unlimited data. With the AT&T hotspot the NAT is strict and I can not seem to talk to the right person at AT&T to get a solid answer. I have been told that it can be done and then told that it can not. So
    has anyone had an issue with this or know of an answer that would be great.

ALWAYS SPOOLING, Sep 29, 2018
  4. AT&T: My hotspot connection is strict nat and I don't know why

You can't control your nat all you can do is fully turn off everything including unplugging your Xbox and turning everything back on, once your nat drops to strict stuff that requires internet on you Xbox basically stops working.

whiteandshiny, Sep 29, 2018
  5. GreyStormGaming, Sep 29, 2018
  6. SavageonCabbage, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

AT&T: My hotspot connection is strict nat and I don't know why