At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.

Discus and support At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Controllers started as 1 stick and 1 button. Then the Nintendo upped that to a "Stick" and 4 Buttons. Then Nintendo added 4 more buttons (8 total),... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/atatassault47, Aug 19, 2023.

1. At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.

Controllers started as 1 stick and 1 button. Then the Nintendo upped that to a "Stick" and 4 Buttons. Then Nintendo added 4 more buttons (8 total), Sega added 2 on top of that (10 total). Then Sony made a 12 Button controller. Microsoft and Sony added 1 more button with the 360 and PS3. And that's largely been the highest independent button count for over a decade.

So why then do the extra 4 buttons on the Elite Controller not count as an actual 4 extra buttons? Sure, remapping is nice, but it could be so much more. I can see the argument against that on Console (pay to win), but on PC, games have so many actions, that controllers simply don't have enough buttons, so more buttons should be able to support more independent actions.

Yes, I'm aware of 3rd party programs that can assign keyboard keys to the paddles, but many games have mutually exclusive controller and KM input modes, and get janky when you start using both methods of control (which it would think if you're doing, if it's seeing "keyboard" presses when you use paddles with the 3rd party remapping tool).\

Please, Microsoft, just expand XInput to see the paddles as independent buttons.

submitted by /u/atatassault47
    [link] [comments]

/u/atatassault47, Aug 19, 2023
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  3. Geri M. Win User

Elite 2 controller paddle defaults

Hello DavidLindsey5,

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

As per description, you are inquiring if paddles on the Xbox Elite 2 controller have default settings and if they already mapped to a button out of the box.

Here's what we got from our research.

No, the Elite Series 2 controller does not come with paddles. Paddles are an optional extra that can be purchased separately. What does the button in the middle of the Elite Series 2 controller do? The button in the middle of the Elite Series 2 controller can be used to change the controller’s profiles.

It can be configured, check on this link. Configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support.

We also provided you some features of the controller. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller features | Xbox Support

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Keaton Kailing Win User

my back paddles don’t seem to be working when i play my game, any way to fix this?

elite series 2 controllers back paddles won’t work
  5. John P_14 Win User

My Xbox elite series 2 controller paddle doesn’t register

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I apologize for the issue you're experiencing with your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Kindly follow the steps below to try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure the controller is updated to the latest firmware. To do this, follow these steps:

2. Make sure the paddles are properly attached to the controller. If the paddles are not properly attached, they may not register when pressed.

3. Check the preset configuration for the paddles. Go to "Settings" and select "Devices & streaming," then choose "Accessories" and select your Elite Series 2 controller. From there, you can adjust the preset configuration for the paddles.

4. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to reset the controller. To do this, follow these steps:

- Press and hold the small sync button on the top of the controller until the Xbox button flashes.

- Let go of the sync button.

- Press and hold the sync button on the controller again until the Xbox button stops flashing.

If you continue to experience issues with the paddles on your Elite Series 2 controller, you may need to contact Xbox Support for further assistance.
  6. SoullessCodith Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller with different colored paddles???

I have an elite series 2 controller. All of the paddles are the same color.
Thema:

At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.

1. At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons. - Similar Threads - least Elite Series

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Spotify Xbox is constantly lagging at least 3 times every song and it's annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spotify Xbox is constantly lagging at least 3 times every song and it's annoying.: Hey, so I've had this Xbox One S for 5 years and for a month now, my Spotify constantly lags in every song. Every song that i listen to, lags at least 2 or 3 times and it's very irritating because...
  4. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  5. Can Xbox please raise the gamertag limit back up to 15? Or at least support recovering?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Xbox please raise the gamertag limit back up to 15? Or at least support recovering?: I've had a great 15-character gamertag for 11 years, one I came up with when I was 12 that is very nostalgic to me, that I just lost last night by accident by helping my friend come up with a new...
  6. Do you know how to find old accounts without the email or at least some of it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do you know how to find old accounts without the email or at least some of it.: One day on my main account, I couldn't log in so I made an alt account which I have been using. I removed the account on my Xbox thinking nothing of it, note that this was when I was young. I now...
  7. Ok I'm banned on Xbox but I want to at least change my pfp to anime there is nothig wrong...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ok I'm banned on Xbox but I want to at least change my pfp to anime there is nothig wrong...: I am banned on Xbox and I wanna change my pfp to a anime person there is nothing wrong with it just please lemme change it 3e8eaa48-2106-4385-a07e-0d67d8947e16
  8. My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to start then black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to start then black screen: My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to get past the startup screen and then it goes black I recently lost one of the cables to the Wi-Fi antenna and Bluetooth board could that have something to...
  9. Xbox should never delete your captures without your consent or at least a warning!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox should never delete your captures without your consent or at least a warning!: Since this is still an issue after so many complaints and no one from Microsoft cares to admit it's an issue or do anything about it, it's time to talk about it again. I have had more than two...
  10. x box series s or series x for someone who just wants at least 60 fps in dead by daylight?

in XboX Insiders
    x box series s or series x for someone who just wants at least 60 fps in dead by daylight?: hi! i own an xbox one and it is choppy when playing dead by daylight. what console would be best for someone who doesnt care about 4k resolution? :) submitted by /u/secretcrisislol [link]...