Asus RT-AC68U Settings to get Xbox 360 Live and Xbox One to work simultaneously - No NAT or ...

Discus and support Asus RT-AC68U Settings to get Xbox 360 Live and Xbox One to work simultaneously - No NAT or ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This assumes that you have a network connection but cannot get the Xbox Live to work on the Xbox 360. 1. Reserve a static IP address in the DHCP range... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SpheredCookie4, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Asus RT-AC68U Settings to get Xbox 360 Live and Xbox One to work simultaneously - No NAT or ...

This assumes that you have a network connection but cannot get the Xbox Live to work on the Xbox 360.

1. Reserve a static IP address in the DHCP range for the router (verified by MAC Address).

2. WAN: Internet Connections: Basic Config: Enable PNP: NO (Apply change)

3. WAN: Virtual Server/Port Fowarding: Enable Port Forwarding: Click on YES (Apply change) - Note that there is no need to make any other changes in this section for purposes of using Xbox Live.

4. LAN: Switch Control: NAT Acceleration: Select DISABLE (Apply change)

5. Click the "Reboot" button at the top of the menu page to reboot the router.

6. After the router has rebooted, go to WAN: Internet Connections: Basic Config: Enable PNP:
    YES (Apply change)

7. Click the "Reboot" button at the top of the menu page to reboot the router.

8. Turn on Xbox 360 go to "Network Settings" and apply factory default settings. The Xbox 360 will then select your Reserved IP address and Gateway information automatically.

9. Test and verify that Xbox Live connects properly.

10. To check that the correct ports are working on your Asus Router from the menu - System Log: Port Forwarding: Click Refresh You should see the IP address you are using for your Xbox 360 using port 3074.

I have Comcast IPv6 in our area and have that enabled. I believe the Xbox One uses IPv6 which might be why I can use both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One simultaneously. Those with IPv4 only may not necessarily have similar luck.

As a side note, I use Merlin Firmware 3.0.0.4.374.40 Alpha 4 firmware which is based on Asus' own firmware though it has a lot of improvements. Search for Merlin ASUS Firmware to find it. I believe Merlin actually helps ASUS
    identify issues and helps them with fixes on their routers.

:)

SpheredCookie4, Mar 9, 2014
  2. CV l z l
    CV l z l Guest
    NAT Problems- Sometimes Open, Most Times Moderate, Help Asus RT-AC68U Settings to get Xbox 360 Live and Xbox One to work simultaneously - No NAT or ... :(

Hi, I have been having problems with the NAT not being open at all times. I am using an ASUS TM-AC1900, which is a T-Mobile modded ASUS RT-AC68U.

I have two Xbox Ones on this same network (brother and I). Both systems have the same problem.

UPnP is enabled.

No Port Forwarding atm, and no DMZ setup. Will this work when there are two systems on the same network?

CV l z l, Mar 9, 2014
  3. DopeySo
    DopeySo Guest
    Recommended Wireless Router for Xbox live (360 and ONE)

I own the ASUS RT-N66U Gigabit Router, works GREAT!!! I highly recommend it. If you're looking for a 2014 model the ASUS (RT-AC68U) is your best bet.

DopeySo, Mar 9, 2014
  4. TW Viking
    TW Viking Guest

Asus RT-AC68U Settings to get Xbox 360 Live and Xbox One to work simultaneously - No NAT or ...

Thank you so much for this very helpful, high quality post!

It has really helped me to properly configure my new router for Xbox Live.

TW Viking, May 20, 2014
  5. bluSPECTRE
    bluSPECTRE Guest
    Thank you so much! This has plagued my household for *looks at watch* 7 months! I can't wait to actually be able to play my 360 again.

bluSPECTRE, Sep 2, 2014
  6. Spoo here
    Spoo here Guest
    This is not the right answer as the router supports UPNP and these adjustments should not be necessary.

Spoo here, Aug 25, 2015
  7. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey Spoo here!

Since this is an older thread, please post a new thread detailing the issue you're experiencing of none of these suggestions have helped solve the issue. That way the community here can provide support tailored to you! Asus RT-AC68U Settings to get Xbox 360 Live and Xbox One to work simultaneously - No NAT or ... :)

Mister Beep, Oct 31, 2018
  8. bluSPECTRE Win User

Asus RT-AC68U Settings to get Xbox 360 Live and Xbox One to work simultaneously - No NAT or other issues

Thank you so much! This has plagued my household for *looks at watch* 7 months! I can't wait to actually be able to play my 360 again.
  9. TW Viking Win User

Asus RT-AC68U Settings to get Xbox 360 Live and Xbox One to work simultaneously - No NAT or other issues

Thank you so much for this very helpful, high quality post!

It has really helped me to properly configure my new router for Xbox Live.
  10. Mister Beep Win User

Hey Spoo here!

Since this is an older thread, please post a new thread detailing the issue you're experiencing of none of these suggestions have helped solve the issue. That way the community here can provide support tailored to you! :)
  11. Spoo here Win User

This is not the right answer as the router supports UPNP and these adjustments should not be necessary.
  12. DopeySo Win User

Recommended Wireless Router for Xbox live (360 and ONE)

I own the ASUS RT-N66U Gigabit Router, works GREAT!!! I highly recommend it. If you're looking for a 2014 model the ASUS (RT-AC68U) is your best bet.
Thema:

1. Asus RT-AC68U Settings to get Xbox 360 Live and Xbox One to work simultaneously - No NAT or ... - Similar Threads - Asus AC68U Settings

2. : ASUS RT-AC68U and Xbox One X

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : ASUS RT-AC68U and Xbox One X: : ASUS RT-AC68U and Xbox One X I have 200Mbps (download)/60 Mbps (upload) of network speed, the detailed network test of Xbox One X never hits 90Mbps/30Mbps. When I download a game the issue...
  3. Asus Asus RT-AC68U: Can’t connect to 2g wifi

Asus Asus RT-AC68U: Can’t connect to 2g wifi: Asus (Routers) Asus RT-AC68U: Can’t connect to 2g wifi hi Can’t connect to any 2g Wi-Fi . I have Virgin hub 3 and can connect to 5g. It sees 2g ssid but fails to connect. Tried my old ASUS...
  4. Asus Asus RT-AC68U: 2 Xbox accounts, 1 email.

Asus Asus RT-AC68U: 2 Xbox accounts, 1 email.: Asus (Routers) Asus RT-AC68U: 2 Xbox accounts, 1 email. Hi, I have 2 Xbox live accounts and i want to get back to my main one. "KloK SlurP" But there is a new one and i can't get into my old one....
  5. Asus Asus RT-AC68U: Overview

Asus Asus RT-AC68U: Overview: Asus (Routers) Asus RT-AC68U: Overview Login Information Gateway: 192.168.1.1 Username: admin Password: admin How to Find SSID (Network Name) Connect a computer to the router...
  6. Asus Asus RT-AC68U: How to Find SSID

Asus Asus RT-AC68U: How to Find SSID: Asus (Routers) Asus RT-AC68U: How to Find SSID (Network Name) Login Information Gateway: 192.168.1.1 Username: admin Password: admin How to Find SSID (Network Name) Connect a...
  7. Asus Asus RT-AC68U: Wireless Security

Asus Asus RT-AC68U: Wireless Security: Asus (Routers) Asus RT-AC68U: Wireless Security Login Information Gateway: 192.168.1.1 Username: admin Password: admin How To Find Wireless Passphrase (WPA/WEP) Connect a...
  8. Asus Asus RT-AC68U: MAC Filtering

Asus Asus RT-AC68U: MAC Filtering: Asus (Routers) Asus RT-AC68U: MAC Filtering Login Information Gateway: 192.168.1.1 Username: admin Password: admin MAC Filtering Open a web browser on a computer. Type the...
  9. Asus Asus RT-AC68U: Change Wireless Channel

Asus Asus RT-AC68U: Change Wireless Channel: Asus (Routers) Asus RT-AC68U: Change Wireless Channel Login Information Gateway: 192.168.1.1 Username: admin Password: admin Change Wireless Channel Connect a computer to the...
  10. ASUS RT-AC68U Setup with XBox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    ASUS RT-AC68U Setup with XBox Live: For you folks smarter than me, I have a question about getting the Time Scheduling feature to work properly with XBox Live ... Router firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_21140 Environment: XBox One (x2) wired...