Asus Asus RT-AC68U: UPnP

Discus and support Asus Asus RT-AC68U: UPnP in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Asus (Routers) Asus RT-AC68U: UPnP I had the exact same problem with my 360 and my new AC68U after running a connection test. I followed the step by... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hydros, Jul 11, 2014.

1. XB1R Hydros
    XB1R Hydros Guest

Asus (Routers) Asus RT-AC68U: UPnP
    I had the exact same problem with my 360 and my new AC68U after running a connection test. I followed the step by step instructions here to flash the UPnP and it worked. You have to make sure that you reboot both your modem and router each time that you
    disable and enable UPnP as well as rebooting your console with UPnP both off and on so the NAT tables can reset. Make sure to reset the console network settings to factory defaults first.

support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

:)

XB1R Hydros, Jul 11, 2014
  2. DopeySo
    DopeySo Guest
    Recommended Wireless Router for Xbox live (360 and ONE)

I own the ASUS RT-N66U Gigabit Router, works GREAT!!! I highly recommend it. If you're looking for a 2014 model the ASUS (RT-AC68U) is your best bet.

DopeySo, Jul 11, 2014
  3. GH0ST OP
    GH0ST OP Guest
    Sporadic Xbox Live Disconnects

Arris CM820A cable modem

Asus RT-AC68U router

GH0ST OP, Jul 11, 2014
  4. SnowBob
    SnowBob Guest

Hi, Im having an issue getting Open NAT with this router. I have UPnP enabled and NAT shows as open when I first boot up the console. However, I put the console in standby and try to play it the next day, NAT is shown as Moderate. Doing a full reboot of
    the console will set the NAT to open again. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

SnowBob, Nov 10, 2014
  5. CV l z l
    CV l z l Guest
    I have the exact same issue as SnowBob, same router, same settings.

CV l z l, Nov 12, 2014
  6. SnowBob
    SnowBob Guest
    I noticed that even when the NAT switches to Moderate in the system settings, COD reports it as open. I have checked the port forwarding table when NAT is displayed as Moderate and it shows 3076 and 3074 redirected to the Xbox One IP. Could this just be
    a glitch in terms of how settings is reporting the NAT and it is actually remaining open?

SnowBob, Nov 19, 2014
  7. Davinofear
    Davinofear Guest
    Davinofear, Nov 26, 2014
  8. anudewalrus
    anudewalrus Guest

Same issue here...

Is this issue specific to the UPnP implementation on these ASUS routers or a more wide spread issue? I have been looking into getting another router for other reasons, and this would push me to do so if it would be a guaranteed fix for this issue.

anudewalrus, Dec 21, 2014
  9. sparkymark75
    sparkymark75 Guest
    It's an issue with the Xbox One. When it wakes from sleep, it doesn't request the ports on the router to be opened again as it expects them to be already open, which they aren't.

sparkymark75, Jan 3, 2015
  10. When the Xbox One wakes back up it does not re-request port 3074. As others have said, COD shows an open nat and will request appropriate ports.. so this isn't really an issue other than the Xbox is giving you bad info.

I made a post recently about this in the update preview forum:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1906104.aspx

SonicRobotnik, Jan 16, 2015
  11. RickPoker
    RickPoker Guest
    I had the exact same problem with my 360 and my new AC68U after running a connection test. I followed the step by step instructions here to flash the UPnP and it worked. You have to make sure that you reboot both your modem and router each time that you
    disable and enable UPnP as well as rebooting your console with UPnP both off and on so the NAT tables can reset. Make sure to reset the console network settings to factory defaults first.

support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

RickPoker, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: