Asus: 2 xbox on router, lagging

Discus and support Asus: 2 xbox on router, lagging in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Asus (Modems/Gateways): 2 xbox on router, lagging What finally worked for us was hardwiring the system that was farthest away from the router. It took... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by JadeCeiling8079, May 2, 2017.

1. Asus: 2 xbox on router, lagging

Asus (Modems/Gateways): 2 xbox on router, lagging
    What finally worked for us was hardwiring the system that was farthest away from the router. It took 50’ of CAT5 and some creative cable routing, but it turned out to be a simple and effective solution.

:)

JadeCeiling8079, May 2, 2017
  2. NAT Type Moderate

It would most be like:

Internet XBOX

| |

Modem---Asus---Linksys

We have 2 routers as the ASUS is not able to get to the 2nd floor of the house therefore we bought another router to have Wifi on all floors of the house.

I tried disabling DHCP on the Asus but this did not solve anything at all.

RobbieBrands-7CF0FFE0-37D3-45AC-AB05-A46D24E4259C, May 2, 2017
  3. RandelRandel
    RandelRandel Guest
    Frustration... "Network Quality Problems"

Just bought an ASUS RT-AC87U so I can play wireless on my gaming laptop. I only get low quality when I'm lucky and then it lags really bad. My laptop is 2 meters from the router and the X1 4 meters. This sucks

RandelRandel, May 2, 2017
  4. Pro Edition
    Pro Edition Guest

Hey Jade, Considering you're using wifi it'll be a great idea to see what channel your networks are broadcasting on.

(You can download a Wifi Analyzer app to check the channels being used by other networks, Chose the one with the least amount of users.)

Type this IP into your browser: 192.168.1.1

Sign in with admin as the username and password.

Go to the "Network Tab" and look for a option with the word "Channel" in the name.

Switch the channel and see if that helps, Usually channels 2,7,12 are the least used.

Pro Edition, May 11, 2017
  5. I own a assus rourouter and i can run a xbox 360 and a xbox one running off same connection. But i run a vpn through it. Are u running it from another router or directly from wall to console?

The7thLetter23, Sep 13, 2018
  6. JhonSnow777
    JhonSnow777 Guest
    I also will recomend you to use an app called Speedtest by Okla, with this one you can know exactly what are your real internet speed conection. Also if your reception for 5Ghz is good you can connect one Xbox to the 5GHz Network and the other to 2.4Ghz
    this will reduce the load in the 2.4Ghz, concidering your Router is Dualband and can do both frecuencies at the same time, or maybe conect one Xbox directly using an Ethernet cable.

Let us know if these sugestions help, i hope this fix this inconvenient. Good Luck!

JhonSnow777, Sep 13, 2018
  7. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

5Ghz is a much faster connection than 2.4Ghz, but has a shorter signal that's more prone to interference. Which means if it's on the opposite side of the building, through several walls, the connection is going to be weak. So depending on your set up either
    one could potentially be better. If they both work the same, you could try testing with a physical network cable to rule out (or confirm) it's an issue with Wifi.

As far as QoS, if it's just basic rules (on & off) most likely this will help. If it prioritizes based on device, make sure to have the Consoles set as top priority.

I would recommend running a speed test from another device on the same network (such as a laptop running on the same wireless network within a few feet of where the Xbox is). Your internet connection may be too slow or having other issues. There are several
    sites including speedtest.net where you can check this.

Tormaz, Sep 14, 2018
  8. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest

JadeCeiling8079 ,

Our ambassadors have provided great info. for you here. In my experience its always better if you either:

1) if your router has a split bandwidth channel (2.4 and 5g) put each xbox on their own channel.

2) Wire one console with an ethernet cord and only use 1 on your wifi.

3) visit this site and trouble shoot
    Lag, bad performance

XBF Aaron G, Sep 19, 2018
  9. DreadGrrl
    DreadGrrl Guest
    What finally worked for us was hardwiring the system that was farthest away from the router. It took 50’ of CAT5 and some creative cable routing, but it turned out to be a simple and effective solution.

DreadGrrl, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox asus router