Astro A20 headset microphone not working

Discus and support Astro A20 headset microphone not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an Astro A20 wirless headset and just recently the microphone stopped working but the game audio continues to work. I play on the xbox one and i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AlexCabral1, Oct 6, 2018.

1. AlexCabral1
    AlexCabral1 Guest

I have an Astro A20 wirless headset and just recently the microphone stopped working but the game audio continues to work. I play on the xbox one and i have never had this problem before. It doesnt allow me to talk. If anyone has the fix to this help would
    be greatly apprecitated.

:)

AlexCabral1, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Wireless mic game and party sound

Can you provide us with the exact model of the Astro headset you're getting (e.g. A50, A20 etc.)?

Depending on how the headset connects to the console (directly to the console or through a Mixamp), we can provide better help.

Arminator, Oct 6, 2018
  3. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Wireless Headset Support

SteelSeries Support - "The USB wireless transmitter will not be used at all on Xbox since it is not compatible.This is unfortunately due to limitations of the Xbox One and using USB for chat."

- So this means that SteelSeries didn't make their USB transmitter compatible with Xbox

"This has been a major disappointment to learn that the support is lacking in this area (wireless headset compatibility)"

- Hmm...Astro, Plantronics, Razer and Turtlebeach are just some of the manufacturers who seem to have managed figure out how to make their USB wireless design and headsets functional with the Xbox One.

- Is this really and Xbox issue or a headset manufacturer issue?

- Wireless headsets that Are compatible with the Xbox One

A10 Headset + MixAmp M60 - Xbox One | ASTRO Gaming

RIG 800LX, Wireless gaming headset for Xbox One | Plantronics

A50 Xbox One Wireless Headset & Base Station | ASTRO Gaming

Buy Turtle Beach Elite 800X Gaming Headset - Microsoft Store

A20 Wireless Headset - Xbox One | ASTRO Gaming

A20 Wireless Headset - Xbox One | ASTRO Gaming

Xbox One Wireless Headset - Razer Thresher

Wireless Gaming Headset - Razer Thresher Ultimate for Xbox One

https://shop.turtlebeach.com/us/stealth-600-xbox-one

https://shop.turtlebeach.com/us/stealth-headsets/stealth-700-xbox-one

HAZMAT RADIO, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Astro A20 headset microphone not working

Did you looked at the controller updates in case you are missing one for the controller??

HyperVenom523, Oct 6, 2018
  5. XBF Ezra G
    XBF Ezra G Guest
    XBF Ezra G, Oct 7, 2018
  6. AlexCabral1
    AlexCabral1 Guest
    I tried and it was already up to date. Thank you for the help though.

AlexCabral1, Oct 7, 2018
  7. Ackis
    Ackis Guest
    Are you able to try the headset on another device to see if it works (PC for example)?

Are you using the chat adapter to connect to the console?

Does the headset have a manual mute button?

Ackis, Oct 7, 2018
  8. AlexCabral1
    AlexCabral1 Guest

No i havent tried that yet thats a great idea! Im not to sure what the chat adapter is though. And no there is no mute button. I have to flip the mic up and down to mute. Im gonna try connecting it to my pc now.

AlexCabral1, Oct 7, 2018
  9. Dysruptz
    Dysruptz Guest
    Hey there. If your mic is connected to an adapter there is a possibility the adapter might be faulty resulting in it not working properly.

Dysruptz, Oct 7, 2018
  10. AlexCabral1
    AlexCabral1 Guest
    No its a wireless headset. I dont know what to dooooo!!!

AlexCabral1, Oct 7, 2018
  11. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest
    Hello Alex,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the situation. Since the headset is wireless and a third party product, we recommend using the

Astro Support website
    in order to ensure the headset firmware is up to date. Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Oct 7, 2018
  12. AlexCabral1
    AlexCabral1 Guest
    Yes i will make sure to do that. I have already submited a request to have customer support help. They will contact me in one buisness day. Im just trying to see if i can figure it out earlier. Thank you for the help.

AlexCabral1, Nov 5, 2018
  13. AlexCabral1 Win User

Hello Alex,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the situation. Since the headset is wireless and a third party product, we recommend using the

Astro Support website
    in order to ensure the headset firmware is up to date. Be sure to let us know the results!
    Yes i will make sure to do that. I have already submited a request to have customer support help. They will contact me in one buisness day. Im just trying to see if i can figure it out earlier. Thank you for the help.
  14. AlexCabral1 Win User

No its a wireless headset. I dont know what to dooooo!!!
  15. AlexCabral1 Win User

Hi Alex!

Here is a guide on how to update your Xbox One controller:
    Update your Xbox one Controller

I hope this helps, thank you!
    I tried and it was already up to date. Thank you for the help though.
  16. HyperVenom523 Win User

Did you looked at the controller updates in case you are missing one for the controller??
  17. Dysruptz Win User

Hey there. If your mic is connected to an adapter there is a possibility the adapter might be faulty resulting in it not working properly.
Thema:

1. Astro A20 headset microphone not working - Similar Threads - Astro A20 headset

2. astro a50 mic not working on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    astro a50 mic not working on xbox?: new headset sound works fine but mic does not, cannot do any updates that require a pc only have a console 95701602-cd5f-4951-b222-ab1d7de2f8cd
  3. Astro a10 aux jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a10 aux jack: Hi, I recently bought an Astro a10 gaming headset for my Xbox series s, but it seems that the 3.5mm audio jack from the headset doesn’t fit properly in the controller. I thought that maybe my...
  4. Astro a30 no audio troubleshoot Xbox series x

in XBoX on Windows
    Astro a30 no audio troubleshoot Xbox series x: I’ve been using Astro a30s for the past couple months. I was playing last night (Xbox series x) and all of the sudden, audio cut out for my Xbox. When I hook up the headset via Bluetooth to my...
  5. Astro A50s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50s: My Astro A50s have worked great for the past year and half but two nights ago my headset on start up would work fine I unplugg the base I have no feedback on my end and I can't hear anyone in the...
  6. A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this

in XBoX Accessibility
    A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this: I just got the A20 Astro headset yesterday, it’s connected to my Xbox and everything the adapter is in and working. I can hear everything but my mic isn’t working. I have to scream or yell for...
  7. I got an Astro A20 Headset and I can’t get it to work with my Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got an Astro A20 Headset and I can’t get it to work with my Xbox.: When I’m in a party with it I can’t hear people talk to me and I can’t speak to them. I can hear game and menu sounds. It shows me in party overlay so I don’t think the mic is broken. It says...
  8. Astro a20 headset - People can't hear me

in XBoX Accessibility
    Astro a20 headset - People can't hear me: People can barely hear me when I talk into my a20 headset. The Audio is fine, and I can hear perfectly but I have to scream for people to hear what I'm saying. I'm also using it on my pc...
  9. XBoc Series X - Fortnite - No Sound Through Astro A20 Gen 2Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBoc Series X - Fortnite - No Sound Through Astro A20 Gen 2Wireless Headset: Hi, This headset works through the XBox X and other games fine but I cant get any sound when playing Fortnite. Ive tried most nearly all audio settings to no avail. Can anyone help?...
  10. Xbox1 won't show my astro a20's in accessories

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 won't show my astro a20's in accessories: It was connected for a while but then just stopped.. c71e710f-09fa-468d-83a2-95e8d62bb07b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. astro a20 microphone not working

2. astro a20 mic doesnt work xhox

3. Astro A20 wireless mic issues

4. How to mute the mic on astro a20,
  5. astro a20 mic not working