Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...

Discus and support Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to move my sons gamertag to his own Email account / microsoft account and I see no way to do it. He has an xbox one. Must be a simple thing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Keithmatthews7, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...

I am trying to move my sons gamertag to his own Email account / microsoft account and I see no way to do it. He has an xbox one. Must be a simple thing to do i.e. change an email to something else. The virtual assistant doesn't seem to have any help for this. Do I need an MS Admin to do this? if so who / how do I reach them? call back seems not to work?

In summary he is old enough to own his own account and gamertag but does not want to lose any of his games or status. I wish to retain my MS account for my own use (i dont play the xbox)

To add I set him up as an alias on my account but that shares all my account/passwords etc so that's no good. He needs to be independent on his own account with no links to mine and I to have no links to his.

:)

Keithmatthews7, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS account.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I apologize but the best option is what you have already done which is adding another Microsoft account as an alias because an Xbox profile can't be transfered. Removing your main account as an alias, that may cause issues such as deletion of your Microsoft account especially if this is a Microsoft reserved domain.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. Francia J. Win User

Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS account.

I totally understand where you're coming from, however, there is no option for us to move or transfer an account. The best option will be creating a new account for him and then just set your account as Home Xbox on the console in that way he will still be able to play the games on your account.
  4. Keithmatthews7 Win User

Thanks both. I found a forum that suggested using the xbox 360 as there is a gamertag switch account option. I booted up the older device but after going through the screens it errors at the final stage of switching saying password issue on the destination account - but I know its correct! Was hoping someone on this forum has got that to work or found another way. The alias is no good as it uses the same account credentials for all emails.

If my account got hacked or my mail was getting heavily spammed and I needed to move away from that account there must be a way to apply my gamertag and games to the new account so I don't lose them?

The main issue is my MS account is exposed to my son and anyone that comes around to play on the xbox with him (as he logs on with my credentials given to him many years ago when I gave him my xbox). So I need to move him off without losing any of his stuff so that I dont get hacked. Im sure many dads have done this in the past!

looking to the community or MS to help me here. :)
  5. KindGryphon Win User

I am trying to move my sons gamertag to his own Email account / microsoft account and I see no way to do it. He has an xbox one. Must be a simple thing to do i.e. change an email to something else. The virtual assistant doesn't seem to have any help for this. Do I need an MS Admin to do this? if so who / how do I reach them? call back seems not to work?

In summary he is old enough to own his own account and gamertag but does not want to lose any of his games or status. I wish to retain my MS account for my own use (i dont play the xbox)

To add I set him up as an alias on my account but that shares all my account/passwords etc so that's no good. He needs to be independent on his own account with no links to mine and I to have no links to his.
    Nothing is transferable between accounts.
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

assign new email address to existing gamertag

Thema:

Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS...

1. Assign / move gamertag to a new email / microsoft account whilst retaining the orginal MS... - Similar Threads - Assign move gamertag

2. Headset not assigning to account

in XboX Insiders
    Headset not assigning to account: I’m trying to setup astro a40s and mixamp and Im trying to assign the headset to my account but every time I click assign it doesn’t do anything it just brings me back to the assign page can...
  3. Headset Pairing and Assignment

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Pairing and Assignment: So I just recently bought a refurbished wireless headset, (Razer Kaira Pro), and the day I bought it I paired it to my girlfriends xbox one, and it assigned to her account. I’m now at my own house...
  4. Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue: My wife and I are trying to play 2 player fortnite. I recently bought her a new Xbox brand Xbox controller and a turtle beach head set. I paired her new controller to our Xbox and created her own...
  5. How to assign controller 2 to player 2 when playing locally?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to assign controller 2 to player 2 when playing locally?: Hello, when I try to play 2 players locally on my Xbox series S, it recognizes the 2 controllers for player 1. I tried to turn off/turn on the controller 2, it still assign it to player 1. How can...
  6. Can the be two assigned as adults in family safety

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can the be two assigned as adults in family safety: In Family Safety app, can a husband & wife both share organizer role? 29181d13-df6f-42f4-accd-26362a79156e
  7. Assign buttons to steering wheels

in XboX Insiders
    Assign buttons to steering wheels: Forza Motorsport is coming out and it will surely not be possible to assign the additional buttons on my fanatec steering wheel since Xbox only allows me the default buttons on the controller....
  8. Stopped Auto assigning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stopped Auto assigning: Ive had this headset for a year and it has always automatically assigned to my main account on my xbox, yesterday it stopped automatically assigning and it didn't let me hear anyone in party chat...
  9. Assigning Minecraft account to a diffrent Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assigning Minecraft account to a diffrent Microsoft account: Since my Microsoft account was linked to my Minecraft account I lost access to my Minecraft account cause someone deleted my Microsoft account. Now Im not sure what happens but I was wondering if...
  10. There is an XBox profile assigned to my Microsoft Account that is not me! How to Delete???

in XBoX Accessibility
    There is an XBox profile assigned to my Microsoft Account that is not me! How to Delete???: Can someone please tell me why there is an XBox profile assigned to my Microsoft account, and how to delete this? I have never used XBox! No-one else has access to my computer. I tried looking at...