Aspect Ratio Incorrect When Streaming

Discus and support Aspect Ratio Incorrect When Streaming in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am using the Xbox App to stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 machine. I have been doing this for a long time, but I somehow did something that now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Nathan Sokalski, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Aspect Ratio Incorrect When Streaming

I am using the Xbox App to stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 machine. I have been doing this for a long time, but I somehow did something that now causes it to display stretched (horizontally) on my screen. If I try to go to the Display settings (on
    the Xbox while streaming) and attempt to select 1080 (instead of 640x480), it causes the streaming to lose the network connection (doing any other stuff does not cause a connection problem, it is only the display settings). Everything looks good when I use
    the Xbox One on my TV, it just appears horizontally stretched when streaming. This problem seemed to appear out of nowhere, and I am not sure what to do to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

Nathan Sokalski, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Aspect ratio?

I have been looking up aspect ratio problems since I got my xbox one last week.

The only conclusion I have come to is that the aspect ratio setting on xbox one are incredibly lacking. I'm missing a small portion of screen on the top and bottom and a larger portion on the left and right.

My research had lead me to find that this had been an issue for a lot of people since launch and had yet to be resolved or even mentioned by Microsoft. This is a rather large issue that effects the fundamental appearance of the UI as a whole and should have
    been dealt with by now.

Excuse me if this has been fixed, but my xbox software is all up to date.

My television has no setting to alter this. I've been through everything. If I change to do through the xbox one the only added option I get is 640x480 which is useless.

This is an issue effecting a lot of people that can only be resolved in a patch for the system. Not everyone's televisions have these options.

TheodoreTweeder, Sep 3, 2018
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Aspect ratio

Hi, it doesn't look like there is a setting you can change on the Tv, I take it you already tried all the possible picture option on the Tv?

Although this isn't xbox specific I did find this link regarding overscan and your Tv.

www.phoronix.com/.../49127-overscan-underscan-problem-with-ok-odl-32150-b-tv-on-hd6870

If you Tv accepts firmware updates I would also suggest checking if there is a new firmware as they often add new features with updates.

EggsBoxJuan, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest

Echo4Ent, Sep 23, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: