Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities?

Discus and support Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I found out on the evening of December 16th that my account was fraudulently charged on the morning of the 16th. So, I immediately contacted... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ztar Ztar, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Ztar Ztar
    Ztar Ztar Guest

Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities?

Hello, I found out on the evening of December 16th that my account was fraudulently charged on the morning of the 16th. So, I immediately contacted Microsoft customer service and connected with an English-speaking customer service representative named Anne through online chat. She confirmed through a series of checks that my account was fraudulently charged and had me apply. However, on the 18th, I found out that Microsoft rejected my refund application. Yet, others in China who encountered the same problem have successfully applied. So, I called Microsoft’s Chinese customer service again, and they said that since I submitted it through the web, they could not help me submit it again. When I contacted the Chinese web customer service again, they said it was contacted by foreign customer service and they cannot handle it. My account was fraudulently charged, which has been confirmed. Others in China who encountered the same problem have received refunds, yet you, knowing full well that it was a scam, cannot apply for a refund for me. I doubt your capabilities. Is it because you discriminate against Chinese people that you are not willing to handle this seriously? Please help me apply again for the fraudulent charges. If you cannot do so, please help me apply for you to stop handling this order issue and let the Chinese phone customer service handle it. Thank you.

Service request number is 7030078430

*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

:)

Ztar Ztar, Dec 18, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Ztar Z! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. However, this is a community site so no one here is a Microsoft employee and its unlikely MS will see it. All I can suggest is keeping on at Support as they are the ones who are in the position to help.
  3. TenthStreetRed Win User

Accidental purchase in marketplace.

In actuality, because the charge was made without his authorization, it could be considered fraudulent charges, which means that Yes, a refund could be negotiated, though typically in the case of fraudulent charges, that must be taken up with your bank.

Also, as I said, you get one free, no questions asked refund for the year that he could apply for. Once again, he would just have to take it up with Customer Support.
  4. Georges C. Win User

No refund for fraudulent charge

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello PurpleFrenchie, I'm sorry for the situation you're going through, however if the purchase was made and the code used, Xbox support informed you correctly.

In your description you mention your Paypal account, if it had a fraudulent transaction and the purchase was made using your Paypal account, contact their support to see if they can get some kind of refund.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us
  5. ChromeVanadium1 Win User

Games Removed Due to PayPal Dispute

You should work for Microsoft support...Microsoft's system should be able to tell the difference between a partial refund and a chargeback. I did not report the charge as fraudulent, I requested a partial refund due to incorrectly charged tax and was refunded
    $2.70, not the entire purchase price.
  6. wi7bit Win User

Fraudulent charges getting refunded

Hi l Lon3 W0lf l

Because these transactions were cleared through PayPal the contract of purchase is between you and PayPal. That is why they are responsible for your refund and not Microsoft. Therefore, it is always recommended when you can, use a credit card (or a service like PayPal) as they are responsible for the transaction and any goods you receive. Your Microsoft account should not be affected by this in anyway. Unless it is proved you have been negligent. But it seems PayPal have already taken responsibility for it.

For anyone else reading this, please make sure your Microsoft Account has two factor authentication enabled and that any transaction on your account requires approval. PayPal also provide two step authorisations on transitions. Set this up now BEFORE this happens to you.

OK... carry on... lecture over...
Thema:

1. Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities? - Similar Threads - Asking refund fraudulently

2. I have asked for a refund for a digital download. I never received. Please advise.

in XBoX on Windows
    I have asked for a refund for a digital download. I never received. Please advise.: I have asked for A Refund 4 digital download that I have never received. I have went through the proper channels. Still have not received my refund. Please advise. LouderRefund 4 digital download...
  3. Fortnite - Didn't recieve a refund yet on in game currency, also got items i didnt ask refunded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite - Didn't recieve a refund yet on in game currency, also got items i didnt ask refunded: I made a purchase on the Fortnite Xbox store for 5000 V-bucks on 17/11 but I didn't receive them, so I refunded them but didn't receive the money meanwhile, I purchased another 5000 v-bucks using...
  4. I bought a game in less than 24 hours realised it was the wrong game asked for a refund and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a game in less than 24 hours realised it was the wrong game asked for a refund and...: I bought a game accidently yesterday and I wanted to get a refund but it didn't give me one because it says too many refunds this year when I haven't refunded anything this year at all can someone...
  5. Ask for a Refund because of Forza Motorsport - get subscription cancelled

in XboX Insiders
    Ask for a Refund because of Forza Motorsport - get subscription cancelled: Is this legal/legitimate? I became so frustrated with the mess that is Forza Motorsport that I ended up trying to contact xBox support to complain - eventually was suggested to request a refund...
  6. I have asked for a refund for something I have accidently bought, it has been a week and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have asked for a refund for something I have accidently bought, it has been a week and...: I have bought virtual currency which I was intended on looking at instead of actually buying it, which I asked a refund right after I bought it. It's been over a work of the refund being approved...
  7. My Xbox is showing a charge back for COD cold war and never asked or received refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox is showing a charge back for COD cold war and never asked or received refund: My Xbox is showing a charge back for COD cold war and never asked or received refund cbe53584-3433-49d8-bc17-4179b523b0a1
  8. need to ask for refund.

in XBoX on Windows
    need to ask for refund.: there is no application for refunds anywhere on this sites 9860ea62-73d8-4fb0-a9ec-1ad62944dcc5
  9. Hello can i ask how i can refund xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello can i ask how i can refund xbox game pass ultimate: i forgot to turn off the subscription and i want to refund it .Because i dont have very much money on my bank account so can somebady help me ? 2d7f298d-6470-48a5-b3f9-ee12d32719df
  10. Digital game refund? I know this is a long shot, just thought I would ask.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game refund? I know this is a long shot, just thought I would ask.: Has anyone had any luck in requesting a refund for digital games that have been removed from the Xbox Store? I paid full price for some Activision games (007 : Blood Stone, Spiderman: Web of...