Arris: **** TG1682G Not Listed?

Discus and support Arris: **** TG1682G Not Listed? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Arris (Modems/Gateways): **** TG1682G Not Listed? Hey guys - i have this modem/router gateway and its turning out to be a PIA. I have multiple xboxs... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by NSFxPython, Jan 14, 2017.

1. NSFxPython
    NSFxPython Guest

Arris (Modems/Gateways): **** TG1682G Not Listed?
    Hey guys -

i have this modem/router gateway and its turning out to be a PIA.

I have multiple xboxs and have tried everything under the sun over the weekend to get this to work.

I would ask NSF - when you are in your settings is UPnP enabled?

Mine is and it still isnt working.

Im going to set mine up in bridge mode when i get home and try another router -- see if that works.

On a side note Sin - i can play with all of my settings (its currently not in bridge mode)

add me on xbox and we can chat about it - if i figure out a multiple box issue fix ill post it back here.

:)

NSFxPython, Jan 14, 2017
  2. Wadesamdad
    Wadesamdad Guest
    Moderate NAT

It is a Arris model TG1682G. Yes the UPnP is enabled.

Wadesamdad, Jan 14, 2017
  3. JuryEagle34
    JuryEagle34 Guest
    Arris: TG1682G

Arris (Modems/Gateways): TG1682G
    Does anyone know if this gateway can support two different Xbox? I have a 360 and a One and cannot seem connect both to xbox live.

JuryEagle34, Jan 14, 2017
  4. SINxWARLORD
    SINxWARLORD Guest

I also have an Arris TG1682G but i'm using it in Bridge Mode so i can use my Netgear R6220 "AC1200" Router (wired connection). I am sorry to say that i do not know if it supports multiple Xbox One for Open NAT but you could probably find that out very quickly
    if you go to Arris homepage and use their Support. But while i have you here since you're the first person i've met who has the same modem as me - do you have it in Bridge Mode? If so, have you changed any settings aside from the basic ones that are required
    to put the modem into bridge mode? (which simply consists of putting it into bridge mode and turning wi-fi off) Also, in addition to that regardless of whether you are using it in Bridge Mode are there any settings PERIOD that you have tweaked - including
    settings on your personal Router if you are in fact using your own Router in combination with your Arris Modem? I beg you man, i've spent the past few nights trying to search for information like this with zero luck - couldn't find a single person who had
    this Modem much less had information, tips/tricks, additional setting info, or anything what so ever so you would be my SAVIOR if you could add any input at all - even if it has nothing to do with anything i said - just anything. I'm desperate. Just general
    settings/tweaks to improve anything at all. lol

SINxWARLORD, Jan 15, 2017
  5. NSFxPython
    NSFxPython Guest
    Haha man I feel ya. I just got the TG1682G a few months ago so it's probably the newest modem Xfinity offers rn. Probably why there's not a lot of support on it. Mine's not in bridge mode, and I use it as the modem/router combo. I have been successful in
    obtaining an Open NAT on multiple consoles through the modem only. But it doesn't last long. I've read off of

this article
    and it talks about our modem, and this talks about what settings to use. I've tried everything from port forwarding to the DMZ, with no success, mainly because I figured out you can't do those kinds of things with multiple Xbox Ones on the
    network. Overall, the very best thing for your situation is to reset the router and modem, and you should be good to go. Netgear is generally good when it comes to gaming consoles. Hope I helped a bit!

NSFxPython, Jan 15, 2017
  6. Hey guys -

i have this modem/router gateway and its turning out to be a PIA.

I have multiple xboxs and have tried everything under the sun over the weekend to get this to work.

I would ask NSF - when you are in your settings is UPnP enabled?

Mine is and it still isnt working.

Im going to set mine up in bridge mode when i get home and try another router -- see if that works.

On a side note Sin - i can play with all of my settings (its currently not in bridge mode)

add me on xbox and we can chat about it - if i figure out a multiple box issue fix ill post it back here.

CrimsonEchelon, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: