Arris: Port Forwarding

Discus and support Arris: Port Forwarding in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Arris (Modems/Gateways): Port Forwarding I have found 2 different articles about port forwarding and Xbox 360. One is the Xbox 360 have ports forwarded... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hades, Jun 27, 2014.

1. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

Arris (Modems/Gateways): Port Forwarding
    I have found 2 different articles about port forwarding and Xbox 360. One is the Xbox 360 have ports forwarded for just Xbox 360, and another to have ports forwarded for the game specific (i.e.Modern Warfare 2). Is there such a thing as having too many ports
    forwarded? The value range with the above mentioned articles overlap on some of the port numbers.

:)

XB1R Hades, Jun 27, 2014
  2. Arris: Port Forwarding

will this allow for open NAT with the DG1670?

DropDeadArtemus, Jun 27, 2014
  3. XB1R Apollo
    XB1R Apollo Guest

Arris (Modems/Gateways): Port Forwarding
    Login Information

• Gateway - 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1
    • Username - admin or technician
    • Password - password or WOWpass

Port Forwarding

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Enter http://192.168.0.1 or
      http://10.0.0.1 in the address bar. (Or click one of the links)
    3. Enter the username and password if the gateway asks. (admin/password, technician/WOWpass)
    4. From the menu on the top select Wireless.
    5. From the submenu on the top select Firewall.
    6. From the menu on the left select Virtual Servers.
    7. Select Add.
    8. In the following screen enter Xbox for Description.
    9. For the Inbound Port enter 3074 to 3074.
    10. In the Format drop-down select Both.
    11. Enter the IP Address assigned to the Xbox console in Private IP Address.
    12. For the Local Port enter 3074 to 3074.
    13. Select Add Virtual Server.

Disable Port Forwarding

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Enter http://192.168.0.1 or
      http://10.0.0.1 in the address bar. (Or click one of the links)
    3. Enter the username and password if the gateway asks. (admin/password, technician/WOWpass)
    4. From the menu on the top select Wireless.
    5. From the submenu on the top select Firewall.
    6. From the menu on the left select Virtual Servers.
    7. Select the port you would like to remove.
    8. Select Delete.

XB1R Apollo, Jun 27, 2014
  4. AG Enforcer
    AG Enforcer Guest

thank you so much, I had to do this for my 360 and forgot how to.

AG Enforcer, Dec 3, 2015
  5. Blessed Boyy
    Blessed Boyy Guest
    Oh my God. Thank you so much bro! You're the best. It took me hours of just being flat out *** off to finally try to fix this. Honestly I was mad at Xbox, but thank you for posting this. I love Xbox again lol!

Blessed Boyy, Dec 29, 2015
  6. Lethal 0ne
    Lethal 0ne Guest
    under private IP. I got that from the xbox network settings menu. Then went to advanced settings and got the address there. Will this IP address change? It is set on automatic? Or what do I put in for the manual settings?

Lethal 0ne, Dec 30, 2015
  7. Arris TG1672 says invalid range of ports

ApachecNative, Jan 6, 2016
  8. Arris: Port Forwarding

Wtf when I activate it and leave the page it deactivates it.

AmazingSteak638, Feb 14, 2016
  9. Ok I did this and forwarded 6 more ports specifically for Halo 5 Guardians. Should I disable the DMZ for the Xbox One's IP address? And should I disable Universal Plug n Play? What are the consequences if you have more than one active (PF, DMZ, UPnP)? Thanks.

UbiquitousChris, Feb 22, 2016
  10. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest
    So you can't port forward and have a DMZ active at the same time (they basically negate each other). If you're running port forwarding it depends on the device for UPnP. I would try with UPnP on first and see if everything plays nice like that. You'll
    have to disable the DMZ though.

XB1R Hades, Feb 22, 2016
  11. after a lot of trial and error with each port and other settings it didnt work. The best way to get this modem to work is to turn on the modem built in firewall and UPnP and make sure the modem is not in bridge mode with dmz off. you dont even have to
    use port 3074 while it's set this way. and it is able to switch between 360 and the one with out any conflict with the ip address. but you can't run both system at the same time.

ApachecNative, Mar 8, 2016
  12. iLLuMiNaTi V
    iLLuMiNaTi V Guest
    I disagree ApachecNative, It was very simple to do the port forwarding and give the Xbox One a static IP. No problems here at all. The Arris TG1672 provides all the needed functions and doesn't require any custom settings to the console itself.

First you will need to provide your XB1 a static IP (make sure to disable your DMZ, you don't need it if you follow these directions) On the console go to Settings>All Settings>Network>Advanced Settings and copy down your MAC address for either wired or
    wireless depending on which you're using. Log into your Arris TG1672 and go to LAN Setup, on the upper left click on Client List. Under Reserved IP Client List click Add. Name it XB1, Under IP Address put in your IP you wish. My suggestion is 192.168.0.150.
    Under MAC address put in the MAC address you wrote down from the console. NOTE: The console will provide you numbers like 58-82-B5-12-59-27 make sure when entering the numbers you wrote down to replace the - with : so it looks like this example 58:82:B5:12:59:27.
    Click Add Client. Then Click Apply. You just gave your XB1 a Static IP of 192.168.0.150 and this will be the IP address you enter into the Private IP box for port forwarding using the directions below. Link provided. If you restart your console you will see
    your IP address change to this one and it will always stay the same.

Use these directions to forward your ports, even though it's for a different model Arris modem the UI is the same.

portforward.com/.../Xbox_One.htm.

Congratulations you have forwarded your ports and should have open NAT. Make sure to restart your console again after forwarding your ports.

Last NOTE: your settings on your console for network should be set to automatic. This Arris TG1672 is the latest and does all the work for you without any need to manually configure your console.

iLLuMiNaTi V, May 2, 2016
  13. iLLuMiNaTi V
    iLLuMiNaTi V Guest

Adding to above. You can do the same for your 360 as above just give it a different IP address. for example 192.168.0.151 and forward the necessary port for that as well. and use that IP when forwarding the ports for the 360.

portforward.com/.../Xbox_Live_360.htm

You will be able to use both consoles at the same time as long as your Internet Bandwidth is sufficient

iLLuMiNaTi V, May 2, 2016
  14. Jett Ax
    Jett Ax Guest
    I have found 2 different articles about port forwarding and Xbox 360. One is the Xbox 360 have ports forwarded for just Xbox 360, and another to have ports forwarded for the game specific (i.e.Modern Warfare 2). Is there such a thing as having too many ports
    forwarded? The value range with the above mentioned articles overlap on some of the port numbers.

Jett Ax, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: