Arris Arris DG860A: Double NAT

Discus and support Arris Arris DG860A: Double NAT in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG860A: Double NAT Same here. Happened about 2 weeks ago after the update. Have been on with support a few times and they... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by xBUDMAN666x, Oct 25, 2017.

1. xBUDMAN666x
    xBUDMAN666x Guest

Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG860A: Double NAT
    Same here. Happened about 2 weeks ago after the update. Have been on with support a few times and they tell me to call my ISP. I work for my isp. I’ve been though the network with my boss and there are no problems. Not to mention we have many other clients
    on our network using Xbox Live no problem. This is clearly Xbox software issue, we need a fix.

:)

xBUDMAN666x, Oct 25, 2017
  2. keaganator
    keaganator Guest
    Arris Arris DG860A: MAC address

Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG860A: MAC address
    how do you filter the MAC addresses ?

keaganator, Oct 25, 2017
  3. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    NAT Issues Using Gateway and Router

There is some indication that a TW tech can put the Arris in bridge mode or that you can do it yourself by logging in immediately after resetting it to defaults:

www.dslreports.com/.../r27274883-TWC-Does-anyone-else-have-an-Arris-DG860a-modem-

Alternatively, see if TW will provide a modem only or buy your own (cheaper than leasing in long run and gives you more control). Failing that, assuming you can configure port forwarding, DMZ, etc. on the Arris, you have a couple options. First, with the
    Arris connected to the WAN port of the N900, you could try putting the WAN IP of your N900 (this should be a private IP received from the Arris over DHCP) in the DMZ on the Arris (delete any other forwards on the Arris). Do all port forwarding and DHCP as
    usual on the N900. Or, second, you should be able to use the N900 as just a switch + wireless access point (bypass NAT routing) by disabling DHCP on the N900 and connecting the Arris to a LAN port on the N900 rather than to the WAN port. All NAT, port forwarding,
    and DHCP would then be provided by the Arris.

Personally, I would just get a modem only, such as the Motorola 6141 (if supported by TW).

jmcode, Oct 25, 2017
  4. Morang91
    Morang91 Guest

same here, chatting w/ support right now

Morang91, Oct 25, 2017
  5. Lumbeast827
    Lumbeast827 Guest
    Same here.. Please keep us updated.

Lumbeast827, Oct 25, 2017
  6. GrimDarkCyde
    GrimDarkCyde Guest
    Just got off with support. Then, spent another hour on my provider. So,two and half hours later and.....STILL DOUBLE NAT. Seems that Microsoft update caused the issue so, Microsoft needs to get on the fix,quickly. Otherwise, many won't be multiplayer gaming,any
    time soon. If thats the case, why pay for LIVE.?

GrimDarkCyde, Oct 25, 2017
  7. rogkline22
    rogkline22 Guest
    Ever since this update a couple of days ago, my multiplayer has been lag city. It shows I am on IPlv4 still. Does this system **** provide IPlv6?

rogkline22, Oct 29, 2017
  8. screllis
    screllis Guest

I'm having the same issue. Worked great up until last update. Anyone have an answer?

screllis, Nov 2, 2017
  9. TheFleetFox
    TheFleetFox Guest
    Same here. Happened about 2 weeks ago after the update. Have been on with support a few times and they tell me to call my ISP. I work for my isp. I’ve been though the network with my boss and there are no problems. Not to mention we have many other clients
    on our network using Xbox Live no problem. This is clearly Xbox software issue, we need a fix.

TheFleetFox, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: