Ark Survival Evolved - PC Game Pass version and Xbox version do not match

Discus and support Ark Survival Evolved - PC Game Pass version and Xbox version do not match in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am playing Evolved on PC through PC Game Pass. My version, displayed on the bottom left of the main menu, is 962.5. The person I am trying to play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by splittybooms, Mar 11, 2024.

1. splittybooms
    splittybooms Guest

I am playing Evolved on PC through PC Game Pass. My version, displayed on the bottom left of the main menu, is 962.5.

The person I am trying to play with on a non-dedicated server is on an Xbox One S. Their version displayed in the same spot is 962.6.

When I right click on my Evolved game in my library in PC Game Pass, then go to 'Manage', then 'Files', it shows that the version is 1.212.962.2

The issue we are having is when I try to join their non-dedicated server, I get an error "Join failed". There are no details included with the error message.

When I host a non-dedicated server on my PC Game Pass version, they get the same error when trying to join me.

I can join just fine if I play the game on my Xbox One instead.

However, on Xbox when I go into "manage games and add-ons", it shows the version as 1.1.962.6

There no updates available for our Xbox versions.

My questions:

• Is the difference in versions causing the 'Join failed' error?
      • If not, what is the problem?
      • If so, then:
        • What version of Ark Survival Evolved do I truly have on my PC since the main menu shows one version, and 'Manage -> Files' shows a different one?
        • How can myself and the other person on Xbox both have matching versions?

Thank you for your help.

:)

splittybooms, Mar 11, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: