Ark Player Dedicated Server Join Failed

Discus and support Ark Player Dedicated Server Join Failed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 Xbox consoles, Xbox One, Xbox One S V-2, and Xbox Series X. I also have a high quality gaming laptop with 16 gig graphics and 32 gigs ram with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by makruckspak, Apr 17, 2023.

1. makruckspak
    makruckspak Guest

I have 3 Xbox consoles, Xbox One, Xbox One S V-2, and Xbox Series X. I also have a high quality gaming laptop with 16 gig graphics and 32 gigs ram with 1 Terabyte SSD.

When I attempt to use my laptop as the server, none of the Xbox consoles will join the server. When I use any of the consoles as a server, the laptop and other two consoles connect and join without any issues. I've Uninstalled and reinstalled games on all 4 devices. My NAT is open on all consoles, and my bandwidth far exceeds requirements.

Please help.

:)

makruckspak, Apr 17, 2023
  2. makruckspak Win User

CarTzy.

Thank you! The firewall was exactly the issue! I modified the firewall for ark to be accepted and everything is working great! This high end gaming laptop definitely smoothed out the game and the textures are extremely detailed! I greatly appreciate your response!
  3. makruckspak Win User

Also... your PM isn't showing up. You can message my gamer tag m*********0 if you like.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post.

We have deleted a part of your post as it contains inappropriate content that violates the forum’s guidelines. Let us endeavor to keep the forums as friendly and accommodating as possible. For more information, check the Microsoft Community Code of Conduct - Microsoft Community and Xbox Support Forum Guidelines - Microsoft Community
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hi makruckspak,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on what you have described, if the laptop is hosting, the consoles are unable to join. This means that incoming handshakes are not being recognized or blocked by the laptop.

You also explained that the laptop is able to join if the console is hosting; this means that outgoing handshakes coming from the laptop are being recognized by the console host.

If you have third party software like an antivirus or antimalware, disable them. (Laptop)

Ports listed here should be open.

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

You may also try to disable the firewall(Laptop) and see if this works.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello makruckspak,

It's good to know that everything is working now. I'm happy that you were able to play the game how you wanted it to be played.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.
  6. Janet_C Win User

ARK Dedicated Server Join failed

Keep in mind that for your PC to be reached from the Internet, it must be in the DMZ of your router, the router has its own firewall to prevent network intrusion, bypassing this firewall by putting your PC in the DMZ could put your device at risk, keep that in mind.

It is curious that the game support does not offer help on a game issue, if they themselves told you that they cannot help you, you could post your problem in the game forums and check if any player of their community can help you.
Thema:

1. Ark Player Dedicated Server Join Failed - Similar Threads - Ark Player Dedicated

2. Can't load into ARK player dedicated server my friend has, please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't load into ARK player dedicated server my friend has, please help.: I cannot load into my friends player dedicated server. Whenever I try to join it loads the PrimalGameDate_BP and then cannot connect into the server from there. I have tried to reset my wifi,...
  3. Ark players who had access on gold now have to get a different membership because gold is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark players who had access on gold now have to get a different membership because gold is...: I only purchased gold so I could play ark, no other games interest me. Why was I not notified when I purchased my membership in September that I would loose access to the gold games in a week? Do...
  4. "Can't load player connected storage" : Ark survival evolved. im on windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Can't load player connected storage" : Ark survival evolved. im on windows 11: I NEED HELP! "Can't load player connected storage" : Ark survival evolved. im on windows 11 aac87c30-4d20-4509-9ff6-5275d6715ab7
  5. : How to query an Ark Survival Evovled server for xbox and find out server/player information?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How to query an Ark Survival Evovled server for xbox and find out server/player information?: : How to query an Ark Survival Evovled server for xbox and find out server/player information? I know it is possible just want to understand how it may differ from the steam API protocols to...
  6. Ark survival evolved player dedicated server bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark survival evolved player dedicated server bug: I have been made aware on many Facebook ark survival evolved groups that there appears to be a bug in the menu system when you accidentally chose Player dedicated ark from the drop down menu it...
  7. Ark: Dedicated Host on PC, Player on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark: Dedicated Host on PC, Player on Xbox: I have Ark running on my PC using the Play Anywhere version as a dedicated server. However, i cant log onto the game from my Xbox because my account is being used for the server. What are my...
  8. Can't load player storage : Ark survival evolved

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't load player storage : Ark survival evolved: When i launch the game and click the "Start" button, the game start loading for a while and then an error occure with the message : Can't load player storage What does that mean and what should...
  9. Ark Survival Evolved - Harassment, threats, abuse, griefing, and racism from a player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Survival Evolved - Harassment, threats, abuse, griefing, and racism from a player: Yesterday night my brother and I were harassed, threatened, and abused in the game Ark Survival Evolved. I have written the game designer company Studio Wildcard over the matter and was pressed to...
  10. ARK Survival Evolved - Harassment, threats, abuse, griefing, and racism from a player

in XBoX on Consoles
    ARK Survival Evolved - Harassment, threats, abuse, griefing, and racism from a player: Yesterday night my brother and I were harassed, threatened, and abused in the game Ark Survival Evolved. I have written the game designer company Studio Wildcard over the matter and was pressed to...