Argh! The XB1 is so frustrating!

Discus and support Argh! The XB1 is so frustrating! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I told myself to wait, but instead I got curious and purchased the new console from Microsoft. . I should have waited. . The menu system is what I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jinxed Violynne, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Argh! The XB1 is so frustrating!

I told myself to wait, but instead I got curious and purchased the new console from Microsoft.

I should have waited.

The menu system is what I have the biggest problem with. In what world did anyone at Microsoft think this system was usable and user friendly? 90% of everything I need is so hidden,
    I still can't find it, and the help tutorials aren't helpful at all.

So, maybe the forum can help me out, because I'm about 3 seconds from tossing this thing out the window, proverbially of course.

How does one eject a disk without having to press the button on the unit?

Where is the option to view the remaining disk space? I've installed 3 games and have no idea how much space I have left.

How does one stop a video from playing? When I press "B" to get out of the video, instead I'm taken to the home page, the video takes the largest rectangle on the page, but is still playing and I have zero clue how to turn it off. I'm forced
    to open a non-eardrum blasting app to "close" it.

How does one customize the home page rather than the pin section? I'd rather be able to quickly access the things I want without having the need to constantly scroll left, right, up, down, etc. just to get to something I want.

Is there a way to move the game disk box to the upper left as it is on the 360 menu? I don't like the current location at all.

Does the HDMI pass through only work with the TV app? Like millions of people, I have a limited number of HDMI ports on my television, so I hooked my 360 through the HDMI-in on the XB1. However, when I turn the XB1 off, there is no signal
    going to the television. I run the "TV" app and I can see the 360, but the latency lag the app causes makes using the port useless. There's nearly a half second delay with the wireless controller response from the 360 and that's just not going to work using
    the HDMI pass through to hook up two consoles. I don't appreciate being lied to this feature is a PASS-THROUGH system when it's clearly not.

Is there a way to control the volume on the unit? It seems between the ads, the videos, and the games themselves, the volume levels are all different. I shouldn't have to grab my remote every time I switch content, and it's getting frustrating
    to having my ears blown out because of the varying volume levels.

When is the update going to roll out?

*sigh*

I know this is new, but it's really difficult for me to believe this menu system was tested by gamers before it rolled out. Clearly, there are issues. I don't mind adapting to the "getting used to" part of a new system, but when things are so hidden as to
    be difficult to find, control, and even use, there's clearly a design feature failure that consumers shouldn't have to deal with or come running to a forum to figure out how to use.

Signed,

A frustrated XBox One owner. Argh! The XB1 is so frustrating! :(

:)

Jinxed Violynne, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Need Help With "Best Minion Ever" Mission...

ARGH... Yes, that is where I am right now. I feel like smashing my controller against the TV. The wildlife preserve is so frustrating

UsR Twisted D, Jan 23, 2014
  3. Hit detection

I`m not good at all but add lag and it gets a little frustrating sometimes . Still fun but argh.

Bullet Magneato, Jan 23, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

To pause a video hit A then A again

x24hrs2livex, Jan 23, 2014
  5. xXCamhawkXx
    xXCamhawkXx Guest
    How does one eject a disk without having to press the button on the unit?

One doesn't

Where is the option to view the remaining disk space?

support.xbox.com/.../manage-storage

How does one stop a video from playing?

To kill an app on the home menu, with the app selected press the menu button with the lines on it (the one in the middle on the right of your controller) there is an option to close or end the app.

How does one customize the home page rather than the pin section?

One doesn't

Is there a way to move the game disk box to the upper left as it is on the 360 menu?

No

Does the HDMI pass through only work with the TV app?

Yes, it is a known issue where there is lag if you connect your 360 or any other game console (PS4 etc) to Xbone. I don't think it was intended to support another gaming system just TV passthrough.

Is there a way to control the volume on the unit?

See EternalDragonX post. If you have your TV/Cable-Satelite box set up in your Xbone this works.

When is the update going to roll out?

There has be (correct me if I am wrong) 1 update already and if I know MS (and I do) there will be plenty more.

It seems the issues you are having are due to the expectation that this is an upgraded 360. It is not. It is a complete reenvision of what a console can and will do. Relax and do your research and you will find this to be an awesome system. In other words,
    if Xbone can win over my wife, it can do miracles. Enjoy your gaming!!

xXCamhawkXx, Jan 23, 2014
  6. Jason_o12
    Jason_o12 Guest
    "If Xbone can win over my wife, it can do miracles."

LOL isn't that the truth!

Jason_o12, Jan 23, 2014
  7. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    I don't understand the disc eject issue? You still physically have to get up to switch disc's, whats the excitement of having it eject from your seat?

-

Is X1 expected to manually switch disc's also?

kingvas78, Jan 23, 2014
  8. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

Maybe they are going to put implement that in an update Kingvas. I'm surprised there isn't a whole thread asking for it yet. Seems people are asking for everything else. Why not that?

DuFFuL, Jan 23, 2014
  9. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Microsofts next update is now available. Includes disc levitation! A microwave oven for popcorn. And a foot massager. Woohoo. Now it's truly next gen!

DuFFuL, Jan 23, 2014
  10. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    [quote user="DuFFuL"]

Microsofts next update is now available. Includes disc levitation! A microwave oven for popcorn. And a foot massager. Woohoo. Now it's truly next gen!

[/quote]

What you mean to say there's no update so it will clean my car, cut the grass, clean the windows? ( Outside only, inside I can do myself ) ..

I must say Microsoft, I'm feeling REALLY let down here :-/

Lofty Who, Jan 23, 2014
  11. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Oh I forgot. Micosoft can I please have a pizza oven as well? But it has to make the pizza, cook it, and clean it all by itself. It's not next gen if I have to leave my couch. Thank you!

DuFFuL, Jan 23, 2014
  12. To kill an app on the home menu, with the app selected press the menu button with the lines on it (the one in the middle on the right of your controller) there is an option to close or end the app.

Thank you for this. I couldn't figure this out, and it turns out not having the app selected is why I was having problems. Another -1 to the user friendliness of the design.

===

So, I now have to wait for the console to tell me I'm out of disk space? Wonderful. -1 to the design of this one. That's just pathetic design. Now we'll just have to play a guessing game on how many games we can install before we get the message. THAT'S
    JUST STUPID, MICROSOFT.

===

@kingvas78

I know it seems pointless, but the convenience of having a disk already ejected was nice, making swapping out easier on us. In case you haven't noticed, there's a delay when you press the button on the console, before the disk is ejected.

What really frustrated me was I didn't know there was an eject button. The promo videos said the only button on the device was the "X", and I believed it. I had to use Google to figure out how to eject my own disk. Argh! The XB1 is so frustrating! :mad:

Thanks to all for the helpful answers. I feel a little better. One more question: where does one go to customize their avatar? When I get into the settings, all I can see are the items I purchased and the default stuff. Where's the avatar store? I open "store",
    click on "Avatar", but it takes me back to the same "app" as the Avatar one under Settings.

Argh! The XB1 is so frustrating! :(

13. Argh! The XB1 is so frustrating!

"The only button to turn on was the x" I think they mean if you go all digital.

Fear2Eternity, Jan 23, 2014
  14. DEACON
    DEACON Guest
    there is no Avatar store at the moment. you can only customize using the existing Avatar gear you have. just go to your Profile then Set Gamerpic. it's at the bottom.

DEACON, Jan 23, 2014
  15. Yeah, that was my impression too. I wasn't opposed with Microsoft's all digital format and was looking forward to it, until the internet went crazy and stuff was reversed.

What's really goofy is how tiny the button is, almost like it was an afterthought on where to put it.

Thema:

1. Argh! The XB1 is so frustrating! - Similar Threads - Argh XB1 frustrating

2. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  3. PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...: Example of freeze The freeze only occurs on Xbox (not on pc or switch) and is caused by how Xbox handles saving. Its possible it occurs due to cloud saving and evidence of this is the freeze does...
  4. Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?: Hello, I have a x1s that has most of my games and saves, and a new xb series s that Ive designated as my home console, with a few of the games already downloaded l. The problem(s): I no longer...
  5. Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues: Xbox 1 S and Windows 10 Dell G3 laptop... the console stays at home on my home network ethernet. Remote play works if I use my 4g cellular data to make my phone a hotspot for my laptop. But on...
  6. XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore

in XboX Insiders
    XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore: After spamming the sprint button in every game I play, my left stick has stopped pressing down consistently. It makes it really hard to consistently sprint when I want to. Any recommendations on...
  7. Got all minikits. But it is not registering! ARgh

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got all minikits. But it is not registering! ARgh: I got all minikits in the Out of Time level. My minikit detector are pointing to the three statues that I have to blow up in the level. I have obviously done that multiple times now, but it is...
  8. Argh... 1 Document Missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Argh... 1 Document Missing: Seriously I'm missing just one document in the Soviet Installation and The Acropolis. Any idea why they aren't showing up on the map for me even when I've discovered everything else in each zone?...
  9. argh!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    argh!: So whats the deal with xbox not allowing me to use their own pre paid monthly cards ? But allowing me to use my debit card……..It tells me my account has been locked from making purchases! But as I...
  10. ARGH keep getting team killed with vehicles! :(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ARGH keep getting team killed with vehicles! :(: It's so annoying. You're trying to run to an objective, you hear that approaching vehicle driven by a teammate, then it goes white on the minimap and KILLED IN ACTION. It's gotten to the point...