Are you able to detach the Xbox/gaming aspect of a Microsoft account to a different...

Discus and support Are you able to detach the Xbox/gaming aspect of a Microsoft account to a different... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was using a freinds Xbox and never wound up making my own account, just used his, and years later I was still playing a lot and he wasn’t. Bottom... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andrew Perna, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Andrew Perna
    Andrew Perna Guest

Are you able to detach the Xbox/gaming aspect of a Microsoft account to a different...

I was using a freinds Xbox and never wound up making my own account, just used his, and years later I was still playing a lot and he wasn’t. Bottom line, I made a lot of progress in a lot of games that I don’t want to be lost and have spent some money that I don’t want to be wasted. So is there a way to transfer just the gaming stuff to my Microsoft account?

:)

Andrew Perna, Apr 13, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

Are you able to detach the Xbox/gaming aspect of a Microsoft account to a different Microsoft account.

Nothing you can do other than create a new account, as long as the old account is set as home on the console you can access any purchased games excluding season passes etc etc. you used to be able to move the xbox account years ago on the 360 but they were all merged years ago too.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Are you able to detach the Xbox/gaming aspect of a Microsoft account to a different Microsoft account.

No. Nothing can be transferred between accounts.
  4. Andrew Perna Win User

Do you have any recommendations as to what to do?
  5. Georges C. Win User

How to transfer gamer tag?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Nopadope, unfortunately there is no way to detach a Gamertag from one Microsoft account and turn it into another or transfer to another one.

The Xbox profile and the Microsoft account are only one, in case you were playing on the same account, that account should be for one of you two, and the other can create a new Xbox / Microsoft account and choose the Gamertag they want.

As all games were purchased on this account, it will not be possible to transfer games, what you can do is set this account as the main one on the console so that you can share the games to the new account that one of you will use.

How home Xbox and game sharing work

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  6. WPAK Win User

How to delete an Xbox Account.

Hi there,

to be able to use that Microsoft account with your 'actual' xbox account, you will need to move the now present xbox live account to a different Microsoft account, so you will be able to move your xbox live account to the Microsoft account present on your
    phone.

The following link explains how to switch a gamer profile to a different Microsoft account:

support.xbox.com/.../manage-microsoft-account
Thema:

1. Are you able to detach the Xbox/gaming aspect of a Microsoft account to a different... - Similar Threads - Are able detach

2. Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...: I do not know why but i have watch videos and videos and they are just not helping its not letting me join an un featured server. Is this a missing feature in the new update or a bug? Ps I'm on...
  3. Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...: Do y’all think that the console that is supposed to come out in 2026 will be worth buying for Gta 6 for the best possible experience, or do you think will the series X probably handle it good...
  4. I was wondering, is there any way to recover it? And if not, is Microsoft able to give me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was wondering, is there any way to recover it? And if not, is Microsoft able to give me...: So recently, I decided to factory reset my computer due to hardware issues. When I reinstalled Minecraft, I realized that the world that I had spent more than a hundred hours on had went away too....
  5. Not able to join a xbox party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to join a xbox party: Whenever i try to join a xbox party i get hit with a error code 0x80190190. Iv pretty much tried everything that i seen on xbox support website clearing mac, port forwarding, resetting my xbox....
  6. Are you guys able to help with anything activision related?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are you guys able to help with anything activision related?: I had a random account link itself to my activision account and get me banned. Activision won't let me log in to get support and I'm just relying on there twitter for help....
  7. Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?: I have recently connected to Startlink and have just tried to connect XBox series X to the Internet. Now I can't see any videos or images in the xbox store. I notice there is an outage for the...
  8. When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...: Just wondering as I have quite a few games that I have not played yet. Will they install from dosc and will they get updated after next month or so I need to install them beforehand? Thanks....
  9. When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to...: When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to play my Xbox 360 games download from the Microsoft store once there taken down from off the Microsoft...
  10. I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?: Ive been trying to sign up for a developer account for my xbox, however I keep getting this error message: Microsoft runs on trust. We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation and certification...