Are Xbox 360 games still compatible with the Xbox One as of November 2023?

Discus and support Are Xbox 360 games still compatible with the Xbox One as of November 2023? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to play a copy of Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox One. I own the game on a disc made for the Xbox 360. I've played the game before multiple... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThatsSoFandom, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Are Xbox 360 games still compatible with the Xbox One as of November 2023?

I tried to play a copy of Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox One. I own the game on a disc made for the Xbox 360. I've played the game before multiple times on my Xbox One, so I know that it was compatible at some point in time. The last time I successfully played it was probably around two months ago. When I tried to play it today, it didn't work. I inserted the disc, and nothing happen. I tried to click onto the game anyway thinking maybe it just didn't start up automatically, but it said to 'Insert the game disc'. It was like I didn't even put the disc in. I do happen to have multiple copies of this game on multiple discs, all of which are for the Xbox 360, and none of them worked. I restarted the Xbox One multiple times but it still didn't work. I then started putting in other Xbox 360 game discs, and again, none of them worked. Now, I've had problems with discs before, especially with RDR, so I tried to put in the disc for the second RDR game, which is for the Xbox One, and it worked fine. I then tried all the other discs I have for the Xbox One and they all worked fine. The only discs that weren't working were the games for the Xbox 360, all of which were games that were compatible with the Xbox One at some point, since I had played them before. I also just tried to play a DVD in the Xbox One and that didn't work either, but it wasn't a Blue-Ray disc so that might've been why. I've looked this question up on Google but so far, nothing has come up. I've only seen one other person with this problem and the answers to it weren't helpful.

:)

ThatsSoFandom, Nov 25, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi ThatsSoFandom. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue, if your console can't read DVDs or 360 games then there is likely a problem with the disc drive. The best option in this case is sending your console in for repair.

You can request a repair from this page: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Games With Gold November 2015

Also note that November begins backwards compatibility for the Xbox One.

So the 360 games from here on out will be playable on the Xbox One.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Upgrading to XB1 from 360 question

Just to add,the xbox one will be backwards compatible for everyone sometime in November so you will be able to play most of your 360 games on the one.
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Games With Gold November 2015

Games with Gold Titles Included in Backward Compatibility

When backward compatibility launches in November, all future Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles will be playable on Xbox One. That means Xbox Live Gold members now will get more free games to play each month on Xbox One.

www.xbox.com/.../backward-compatibility
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Achievements

No,think World of Tanks is the only game that allows this.

But in November backwards compatibility is released for the xbox one so if you are playing a 360 game on your xbox one you can play against people on the 360.Hope that makes sense.
Thema:

1. Are Xbox 360 games still compatible with the Xbox One as of November 2023? - Similar Threads - Are 360 games

2. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  3. Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region

in XboX Insiders
    Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region: Hi I want to buy Resident evil 5 for xbox 360 but it seems that it is missing from the xbox 360 store (i live on greece) I noticed though that I can find it in my UK account but it has a different...
  4. Digitalizing XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digitalizing XBox 360 games: Hi there, unfortunately I could not find an answer to my question, so hopefully someone is able to explain the following to me: I am still a XBox 360 user and have amassed quite a lot of games,...
  5. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  6. My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...: My Xbox 360 console CD track keeps opening back up whether I powered on or whether there’s a game in it or not cannot get it to close 4dce58ad-a9c6-46d8-9777-2469082be572
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360: Hi, I tried to play a game from a disc on the console but when I opened it all of it was gone and I had to start again. For one game (Lego Marvel Superheros) it said: 'This saved data was created...
  9. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  10. Is Atari: Game Over discontinued on Xbox 360? Remember how useless that Xbox 360 app is?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is Atari: Game Over discontinued on Xbox 360? Remember how useless that Xbox 360 app is?: When I launched Atari: Game Over on my Xbox 360, I got an error saying that Atari: Game Over isn't available. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? d81c9197-f841-48ed-aa1d-8e69234696e0