Are we ever going to be able to lend and trade digital games?

Discus and support Are we ever going to be able to lend and trade digital games? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This is a feature that should be doable; Steam figured out how long ago I lend games quite often. Heck I can even share my library without using weird... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Mikey_Man2171, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Are we ever going to be able to lend and trade digital games?

This is a feature that should be doable; Steam figured out how long ago I lend games quite often. Heck I can even share my library without using weird account exploits. Why can't we do any of that on Xbox?

submitted by /u/Mikey_Man2171
    [link] [comments]

/u/Mikey_Man2171, Aug 7, 2023
  2. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

can i get the movies and tv shows on xbox one?

^dont quote him on that...it was also stated I would be able to buy/sell//trade/lend digital games when xbox one announced and they backtracked on that.
  3. USMC BEEF PATTY Win User

Xbox one: disc vs digital download.

Don't ever purchase the digital game. 1. It takes up space 2. it takes for ever to download. 3. it eats up your data usage if you have a limit. 4. You can resell the game if you ever get bored. 5. can't lend it to friends or trade games.
  4. PixelPatch Win User

CD Required to play a game

I prefer discs, it means i can lend out to friends and vice versa, more freedom, trade them in if i no longer use the game. If i buy digital i can never sell it on if im ever short of cash or just want to trade in for something else
  5. Ooh im good Win User

Family Sharing - Not Quite What We Thought

Of course it wasn't what some people thought it was, trying to cut down on trading games and lending games but making lending digital games easier? REALLY?

We would have had groups of 10 buy different game each then just take it in turns to complete each game. No need to swap address's or anything. So many gulible users on here.
  6. johnbubbles25 Win User

The hypocricy is HILARIOUS

the problem with losing sharing is this.

it allowed us to share physical and digital copies of games with 10 people.

now we can only share physical copies of game with more than 10 people and not share digital at all.

we also are losing the ability to sell and trade our digital games online in a marketplace ms was going to creat.

with drm we could still buy sell trade used games granted it wouldnt be as nice as it is now. we would have to goto select stores. and we probably would get less in for our game when we sold it to gamestop or traded it at game stop. and puirchasers probably
    would have paid a little more for used games than they do now. but we could still do that.

and we would have been able to do that with our digital games online too. havent you ever downloaded a game from live that sucked and wished you could sell or trade it?

we could of had a way to buy sell trade both disc and download games now we can only buy sell trade disc based.
Thema:

Are we ever going to be able to lend and trade digital games?

1. Are we ever going to be able to lend and trade digital games? - Similar Threads - Are ever going

2. Is the Game Bar ever going to be fixed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the Game Bar ever going to be fixed?: Ever since the last month, I'm having a lot of issues with the Game Bar, since it does not capture my microphone unless the Game Bar is on screen. I have to repair and reset it everytime for it to...
  3. Why is it that ever so often I put a car on the auction house and then when I go to reclaim...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it that ever so often I put a car on the auction house and then when I go to reclaim...: Recently I've been having the bug of not being able to reclaim cars or credits from the auction house after auctioning a car and im losing lots of cars and credits as its not loading after I try...
  4. Is Microsoft ever going to address the fact that they sold and shipped thousands of faulty...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft ever going to address the fact that they sold and shipped thousands of faulty...: I see the same issue on all different game forums (2042, madden, dark souls, and now STARFIELD). Customers being told to do the same BS copy paste checklist nonsense to attempt to fix their...
  5. VR Support for consoles, when is this going to happen if ever?

in XboX Insiders
    VR Support for consoles, when is this going to happen if ever?: Lately I've been putting together budget flight rig for my xbox with an old gaming chair complete HOTAS and rudder pedals; and I strongly feel that the one thing it needs to pull it all together...
  6. Are they ever going to actually fix the hue Concord error?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are they ever going to actually fix the hue Concord error?: I redownload mw2 multiple times just to get the hue Concord that prohibits me from Playing anything online on mw2. I can play all my other games online fine. Please help...
  7. Will “Setting your stream” screen ever go away?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will “Setting your stream” screen ever go away?: Hi there Sometimes it takes more than 30 seconds and sometimes even up to a few minutes until the “setting your stream” loading screen with the green spaceship goes away and it’s finally game...
  8. Does the Fable series ever go on sale on the digital microsoft/xbox store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the Fable series ever go on sale on the digital microsoft/xbox store?: Specifically fable 2 and 3 and their add ons? I didn't notice them on sale this black friday, I would think that if they ever go on sale then around this time of year would be it but unless I...
  9. Why can't I and Will I ever be able to go Xbox Live again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I and Will I ever be able to go Xbox Live again?: My xbox won't go live and I've not changed anything that I know of, I never do, add or change anything on my system for Fear that this would happen. Now I'm reading the post and have to do...
  10. Will the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Addons Bundle ever go on sale?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Addons Bundle ever go on sale?: I already own the FH4 Standard Edition and I see that all 3 editions of the game are currently on sale. I am interested in buying the Ultimate Addons Upgrade, but it's price seems to be fixed at...