Are we being lied to about the performance of the next generation consoles

Discus and support Are we being lied to about the performance of the next generation consoles in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have an xbox series s and the graphics are terrible and blurry i been doing some digging and the xbox series s was advertised as a 1440p console but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matthew cour, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Matthew cour
    Matthew cour Guest

i have an xbox series s and the graphics are terrible and blurry i been doing some digging and the xbox series s was advertised as a 1440p console

but when you look at the native resolution of these games they are not even native 1080p i did buy a series x and i hope im happy with it but once again

i been seeing that some games are running at 30fps on a series x ??? really i have a 2060 graphics card in my pc i got years ago and it seems like its blowing away the XBOX

So the question is are we being lied too ….. I think soo every game made for the series s should be native 1440p and run at a frame rate of 60fps and the series x should be a solid 60fps at 4k native if the series s is being advertised as a 1440p console than thats what we should be getting 1080p gaming is not next gen and 30 fps is not next gen performance dont get me started on the overpriced expansion cards ssds and nvme ssds have been around for years and pc gamers can get them for about 30 bucks but microsoft wants to charge almost 100 bucks for a 512gb

:)

Matthew cour, Oct 7, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

i have a 3080ti and a ryzen 7 5800x, starfield runs 60fps on a 55"4k tv no issues at 4k resolution too. cpu usage hovers around 37% and gpu less than 90% set mostly to high which is higher than series x, i have seen series x running starfield, it is horrid, graphics are running at low to medium if that and 30fps is just yuk.

surprised the series s can even start starfield as the series s is rubbish. series x is very old tech now too, ancient in tech terms.

the 2060 is more powerful than the series s, the series x is less powerful than the 2080.
  3. Matthew cour Win User

Dude those so called 1080 games are not even native 1080 you need to educate yourself before you comment and I've read nothing wrong and im not the only person that feels this way the series s was advertised as a 2k 120hz console but most games are not even running that at a native resolution its up scaled that's why stuff looks blurry no duh the consoles have different hardware i have both xbox series s and x and a pc with a 2060 and the series x is advertised as 4k 120hz but barely any games can do that sooo is Microsoft lying about what the consoles can do or is the game developers too slow to make a decent running game
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

If you're playing on a large 4K display, say 50" and up, the image quality is going to suffer on a Series S as the console will simply stretch the image to fill the whole screen and if the game isn't running at native or near native resolution it's going to look softer.

The Series S is technically a 1440P console, but it's up to 1440P. Many games use dynamic scaling so the in-game resolution will depend on the game and even the complexity of a particular part of game with dynamic resolution scaling engaged.

From a pure graphics perspective, the Series S has a GPU roughly equivalent to either a GTX 1660 (so just under an RTX 2060, but with RT) or an AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT. Remember of course the graphics hardware in the Series S is bespoke specialized hardware and software. It is not really possible to exactly compare the Xbox Series S hardware to that of a PC.

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not replying to sing Xbox's praises. I've got a Series X, but my primary gaming machine is a PC with 13th Gen i5, 32GB of RAM and and RTX 3080. Not exactly top end, but pretty high.

Did they lie about the hardware? No, I don't think they did. To get the same performance of a Series S on a PC, you would need to pay twice as much. The very reason why Series S is priced the way it is is because MS are prepared to make a pretty substantial loss on the cost of the console. This is why the peripherals are expensive, but this has always been the same since the first game consoles were released back in the late 1970's.

Western Digital now make official Xbox Storage cards and they seem competitively priced. Yes, I know, you can't really compare the prices to a standard NVME PC SSD, but still.

Games like Starfield are extremely CPU heavy as well as GPU heavy. This is why Starfield runs only at 30fps even on the Series X. Your humble RTX 2060 certainly wouldn't do it. I can barely get there on my 3080, and even then I need to use FSR to get a somewhat stable 60.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Well no you just didn't read right

Yes it's upto 1440p BUT it depends on the game

MOST.will.only.support.1080p at 30fps you can goto the series s product.page.for.the actual recomended settings

You do.know there is a difference between.series.x and ps5 vs the series s right?

Less.ram.and.less clock on apu on the series s

There is a reason why you pay significantly.less for.the series s vs.any iteration of the ps5 or.the series.x

You have.significantly.less power

But.enough power tp run next. gen games but.at reduced performance

You.can't.run.starfield or flight sim on a.12 year old.cpu like.xbox one x since they are open world .and.require.cpu power not.just gpu

They are.jaguar based just.with higher clock and a boosted gpu

Series.and ps5 cpus are.ryzen 3 based and have rdna 2 based app .that.is.3 years old on the market
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

"Barely touched your cpu" with Starfield would only happen with cloud play. It's a CPU intensive game.
Thema:

1. Are we being lied to about the performance of the next generation consoles - Similar Threads - Are being lied

2. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  3. Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???: I got banned for saying a cuss word after being told if I did something again there would be problems and over 20 invites constantly over the course of 5 mins. 7f0e3169-635f-4ce9-9e07-faea5e064f42
  4. My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?: My xbox series s after being turned off starts to flash not connect to my tv and my controller stays on does anyone have a clue as to what's happening? submitted by /u/Riley6081 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox being slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox being slow: My Xbox randomly became slow and games wouldn't launch up, and if they do launch up my graphics in the game would not load up. And my Xbox sometimes would turn on slow and take a while for it to...
  6. need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one

in XBoX on Windows
    need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one: While i was in an xbox voice chat with some friends on pc, i changed the voice chat volume and once I did the xbox voice chat volume was set to one in the volume mixer and i couldn't change it. I...
  7. Video being weird for a few seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Video being weird for a few seconds: My Image becomes like a coloured/pixelated image for like 3 seconds, kind of like an old TV from the early 2000s, has anyone else experienced this? 805b394e-0c7a-400a-8ec3-078e4238f8f2
  8. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  9. Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...: Just wondering if anyone wants to get together and sue Xbox for not letting us make contact with enforcement to even begin to telll on them about our problem Yes. They won’t even let me make a...
  10. Will there be a Mini Fridge Purchase Pilot? Asking for a friend... That's a lie. I am...

in XboX Insiders
    Will there be a Mini Fridge Purchase Pilot? Asking for a friend... That's a lie. I am...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Vole182 [link] [comments]