Are we any closer to solving the UHD bluray issue?

Discus and support Are we any closer to solving the UHD bluray issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It is now Aug 2023, and no one still has any answers or reasons why certain UHD discs wont work on Xbox Series X. I have John Wick 4 and it will not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RodJordan, Aug 23, 2023.

1. RodJordan
    RodJordan Guest

It is now Aug 2023, and no one still has any answers or reasons why certain UHD discs wont work on Xbox Series X. I have John Wick 4 and it will not play. I called tech support, and the gist of that conversation is, “we don’t know.” I’m getting error 0x91d70001 every time. I’ve done all the same, “delete bluray app, clean disc, power cycle, clear bluray cache, etc,etc,etc, as advised and you and I both know that doesn’t work. So what’s the truth here? Is it a hardware, software, or manufacturing flaw? Can it be fixed with a firmware patch? Does the drive need to be replaced? Is it time for an alt bluray player app? Can the consumer get a little insight this time? Is this gonna be another “red light of death” situation like on the 360? Is engineering even working on it? Surely, you know more about it than us by now. Can we finally come to a solution?

:)

RodJordan, Aug 23, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Not quite. Players need to get the new encryption keys. Firmware would be an incompatibility with the way the disc was coded, not that the locksmith hasn't cut a new key.

For example, I got the arrow films empire box that they came out around the same time, and I had to upgrade my power DVD on my computer because they stopped issuing key updates for the earlier versions.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Don't listen to him, as he doesn't know what he's talking about

UHD doesn't have region codes

I'm sorry but updates to the app are nowhere near as frequent as many people would like, and typically problems like that have to be addressed with patches that usually happen only, when they renew the AACS keys, which is likely the source of your issues. This is not something the consumer can do

There is no timetable, no ability to contact developers, and I cannot tell you when and if it would be fixed. My recommendation to you is that if reliable 4K Blu-ray playback is important to you that you buy a standalone player.

And no, no one here has any special knowledge beyond the average consumer provided by Microsoft. We find out about things at the same time.you do.
  4. EzequielNeves19 Win User

5. RodJordan Win User

Don't listen to him, as he doesn't know what he's talking about

UHD doesn't have region codes

I'm sorry but updates to the app are nowhere near as frequent as many people would like, and typically problems like that have to be addressed with patches that usually happen only, when they renew the AACS keys, which is likely the source of your issues. This is not something the consumer can do

There is no timetable, no ability to contact developers, and I cannot tell you when and if it would be fixed. My recommendation to you is that if reliable 4K Blu-ray playback is important to you that you buy a standalone player.

And no, no one here has any special knowledge beyond the average consumer provided by Microsoft. We find out about things at the same time.you do.
    Oh, gotcha. Finally an honest, informed answer. So, it IS a firmware issue, Microsoft just isn’t fixing it. Not what I would have wanted, but it is what it is. Thanks!
  6. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Thema:

1. Are we any closer to solving the UHD bluray issue? - Similar Threads - Are closer solving

2. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  3. Has any that has incouter this error,solve it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Has any that has incouter this error,solve it?: I am just wondering has anyone been able to solve this unknown error or ever even look into the atter? 7615ef89-fba1-4459-b60f-3cafbabfa67f
  4. How to solve error code 0x8007000E which occurs when launching xbox app on pc after...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to solve error code 0x8007000E which occurs when launching xbox app on pc after...: I recently repurchased the gamepass ultimate subscription to play MLB The Show 24 with a friend, however when I tried to open the xbox app to install it, the app never launched. After some quick...
  5. How do I solve my problem with Ethernet cable connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I solve my problem with Ethernet cable connection?: Hi, I bought my Xbox Series S console and tried to connect to wired network, via my Ethernet cable that works fine with other devices. My previous Xbox was connected to the internet through this...
  6. Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...: I can't use my game pass core df24437e-9c02-48a0-b86e-53dd02334e60
  7. You are closer to your reward

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You are closer to your reward: Good afternoon, you could check if I'm eligible for this 6,000-credit promotion. Get ready to enjoy. To earn this special Reward, simply spend R$ 132, including taxes, on ANY * content from the...
  8. Closer!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Closer!: Xbox One Minecraft is “really close” 5bccc813-38e4-4d7a-8ebc-1b49654c34cf
  9. A Closer Look at the June XDK Update (phil spencer)

in XBoX on Consoles
    A Closer Look at the June XDK Update (phil spencer): A Closer Look at the June XDK Update - Xbox Wire b4e1d416-1e5e-4b48-a71e-f14f56534d5a
  10. Everything Is Getting Closer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everything Is Getting Closer: All the games we have been waiting for are coming in one by one! What are you waiting for and can't wait to get your hands on and why?! f49ec001-8a65-4554-acac-6fbf9e6421e1