Are there going to be any further updates about the playability of halo:mcc or just 343i ...

Discus and support Are there going to be any further updates about the playability of halo:mcc or just 343i ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I am furious because it's been a long time, and this game isn't most of the times playable on halo 2: anniversary. Seriously, few seconds ago I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheEndi24, Jun 16, 2015.

1. TheEndi24
    TheEndi24 Guest

Are there going to be any further updates about the playability of halo:mcc or just 343i ...

Hi. I am furious because it's been a long time, and this game isn't most of the times playable on halo 2: anniversary. Seriously, few seconds ago I just ragequitted, because we had a match 5v5 on halo 2 anniversary, then we jump into a game but hold on!
    There is only one teammate? What? Scoreboard 3 of my teammates left.

Then we were trying to do something, but the skill gap is too high, because 343 reseted all ranks now every pro has rank 5. So yeah, on halo 4 is the same, I know it will stabilize, but seriously... Look at this!

Tue_Mar_31_14-58-16_UTC+0100_2015.png

Since so much time has gone, I haven't seen much improvements, and now when Halo 5 is going to launch, I think that 343i will probably forget about MCC. So in conclusion: Do you guys know if 343 is going to make an update stabilizing the matchmaking and
    so on? Only thing they did now, is to make the punishment for quitting. But the real reason that people are quitting, is the poor matchmaking. And why do you punish people because they quit? Every person sometimes has to suddenly end the game or if they need
    to "ragequit" just let them. No one should be forced to sit for 10-15 minutes getting angry.

:)

TheEndi24, Jun 16, 2015
  2. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Halo 5 will either make or break this franchise.

I'm hopeful that 343i learned from their mistakes when it comes to the technical problems of the MCC.

So hopefully there should be nothing more than minor teething problems that are fixed pretty quick.

But if it is a disastrous launch like the MCC was then the Halo franchise will die.

Malacath, Jun 16, 2015
  3. Halo MCC : odst

Hi I think the offer your talking about has expired now but I think they are in the process of building in halo 3 odst in to the updated version of mcc that is currently in beta. This is the latest update about the new mcc here

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-5
    older posts can also be found on halo waypoint.

whiteandshiny, Jun 16, 2015
  4. Are there going to be any further updates about the playability of halo:mcc or just 343i ...

The game is at a much better state than it was opening week. Given their inexcusable release of Halo MCC, the game has been much, much, much improved since the release. Matchmaking works great.

Miami Flash15, Jun 23, 2015
  5. Omisake
    Omisake Guest
    While it is true that the game is in a much better state than it was at release, it is far from perfect. More playlists are needed. Infection, Action Sack, Team Objective, Team Snipers, etc. And there shouldn't be armor sets as well. Halo CE playlist being
    2v2 is not good at all either. 4v4 is much better. Still has problems but it is playable now.

Omisake, Jul 4, 2015
  6. DaxSeven09
    DaxSeven09 Guest
    Okay OP since you asked here are some answers. First off 343i is NOT giving up on MCC. Here is a quote from their most recent community update:

"As the Halo 5 team enters the post-E3 home stretch, the MCC team continues to work on playlist updates as well as the next content update, the latter of which we’ll talk about as we get closer to release."~
    Halo Community Update - Warzone Q&A for Halo 5: Guardians

There is also a quote directly from Frank O'Connor (Franchise Development Director):

"We’ve been sort of scrambling to get it first in a playable stage and now we’re going to get it in a polished stage, so that people are getting what they deserved in the first place. We’re never going to back away from that or shy away from
    that."
    ~ Halo: The Master Chief Collection is “a Black Eye for Us”, Says Frank O'Connor

In their last content update there was definitely more done then penalties for quitting. A whole list of what they did may be found here:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/5-30-15-halo-the-master-chief-collection-update-notes

Finally, the quit penalties are not as severe as they seem to be. Here is yet again another quote to reference:

"All quits are automatically tracked and recorded. It’s worth noting that we’re monitoring the state of games and evaluating additional parameters to determine the severity of the quit, including how many players have already quit the match, etc.
    Additionally, we understand that on rare occasions, you may need to leave a game, run out of the house for an emergency, or your internet may drop, amongst other unforeseen events. Fear not, upstanding citizen – a small number of quits over long a time period
    will not negatively impact your score enough to cause you to drop reputation levels."
    ~ Halo Community Update - Reputation, Quitting, and Betrayals in Halo: The Master Chief Collection

I hope some of this info alleviates your concerns. They will keep working on MCC for quite some time, and quitting here and there is no big deal. Enjoy!

DaxSeven09, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Omisake Win User

Are there going to be any further updates about the playability of halo:mcc or just 343i doesn't care anymore?

While it is true that the game is in a much better state than it was at release, it is far from perfect. More playlists are needed. Infection, Action Sack, Team Objective, Team Snipers, etc. And there shouldn't be armor sets as well. Halo CE playlist being
    2v2 is not good at all either. 4v4 is much better. Still has problems but it is playable now.
  8. DaxSeven09 Win User

Are there going to be any further updates about the playability of halo:mcc or just 343i doesn't care anymore?

Okay OP since you asked here are some answers. First off 343i is NOT giving up on MCC. Here is a quote from their most recent community update:

"As the Halo 5 team enters the post-E3 home stretch, the MCC team continues to work on playlist updates as well as the next content update, the latter of which we’ll talk about as we get closer to release."~
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-6-26-15

There is also a quote directly from Frank O'Connor (Franchise Development Director):

"We’ve been sort of scrambling to get it first in a playable stage and now we’re going to get it in a polished stage, so that people are getting what they deserved in the first place. We’re never going to back away from that or shy away from
    that."
    ~ http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-21047-Halo--The-Master-Chief-Collection-is-%E2%80%9Ca-Black-Eye-for-Us%E2%80%9D--Says-Frank-O-Connor-.html

In their last content update there was definitely more done then penalties for quitting. A whole list of what they did may be found here:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/5-30-15-halo-the-master-chief-collection-update-notes

Finally, the quit penalties are not as severe as they seem to be. Here is yet again another quote to reference:

"All quits are automatically tracked and recorded. It’s worth noting that we’re monitoring the state of games and evaluating additional parameters to determine the severity of the quit, including how many players have already quit the match, etc.
    Additionally, we understand that on rare occasions, you may need to leave a game, run out of the house for an emergency, or your internet may drop, amongst other unforeseen events. Fear not, upstanding citizen – a small number of quits over long a time period
    will not negatively impact your score enough to cause you to drop reputation levels."
    ~ https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-5-1-15

I hope some of this info alleviates your concerns. They will keep working on MCC for quite some time, and quitting here and there is no big deal. Enjoy!
  9. Miami Flash15 Win User

The game is at a much better state than it was opening week. Given their inexcusable release of Halo MCC, the game has been much, much, much improved since the release. Matchmaking works great.
  10. Zenosos Win User

Xbox Live down

MCC was down as there was an update giving PC owners Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary game playable now. Stay tuned for more such issues to indicate when the other halo games will release for PC MCC
  11. XxATOMXxSMASHER Win User

First Impressions of Halo MCC Insider multiplayer

I agree. The original Halo MCC had huge load times, many freezes, failing saves on campaign, laggy games, and another monsoon of issues! The halo mcc insider is a masterpiece already and it’s just pre-release content! Keep it up 343i.
Thema:

1. Are there going to be any further updates about the playability of halo:mcc or just 343i ... - Similar Threads - Are going further

2. My reward didnt go through is there a way to get my points back

in XBoX on Windows
    My reward didnt go through is there a way to get my points back: Can I get my points back because it took my points 79f8f05b-a497-4df4-b051-6c390962c4f8
  3. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  4. as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out

in XBoX on Windows
    as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out: I just installed among us and it says I need to change my privacy & online safety settings but when i go to settings it signs me out of my account 74de54d4-330a-4420-b250-01a6d044ba36
  5. Whats going on with the Ark survival Ascended certification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whats going on with the Ark survival Ascended certification?: Whats going on with the Ark survival Ascended certification? Got lots of people waiting because the developer thought it was a good idea to release the updates on the other platforms on a cross...
  6. Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?: Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again? I just missed the $50 off that was going on leading up to Fathers Day. With the new consoles coming out in the winter, I would expect more...
  7. Bought a new xbox series X, It gives me an error 0x8B050084... I cannot go further than...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a new xbox series X, It gives me an error 0x8B050084... I cannot go further than...: Good day. I have a problem here, what should I do ? Regards 4aeaf614-5da1-41c6-9394-385cf8aae099
  8. Request Go further

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request Go further: Around 00:29 UTC−3 (BRT) I unlocked an achievement and couldn't redeem the daily request (Go further. Earn even more.), could someone help me? 3ece6d5d-9003-4d57-b560-20547def2fef
  9. Xbox one is on green start up loading screen and will not go any further.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one is on green start up loading screen and will not go any further.: So today Cod has its update and as i am trying to get on Xbox its literally not going any further than the Green start up loading screen. If it does go further is shows nothing and it a dark grey...
  10. Xbox One "boot looping" to troubleshooting screen - won't go further

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One "boot looping" to troubleshooting screen - won't go further: My Xbox One (original) boots to the troubleshooting screen; if I select "continue" it just reboots to the troubleshooting screen. Selecting the factory reset option (either keep games option or...