Are the newest xbox controllers usb 3? The ports on the xbox are 3.0..

Discus and support Are the newest xbox controllers usb 3? The ports on the xbox are 3.0.. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am assuming mines a usb 2.0 port because its not type c yet its the micro a or whatever i am assuming I should upgrade? Or are they for some reason... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NelsonStack, May 4, 2023.

1. NelsonStack
    NelsonStack Guest

I am assuming mines a usb 2.0 port because its not type c yet its the micro a or whatever i am assuming I should upgrade? Or are they for some reason usb 2.0 plugged into something newer and backwards compatible. lol. (mine is the xbox one 1708). Micro usb is 2.0 but i am wondering if the new controllers that are type c are usb 3.0 or not. they can be both.

:)

NelsonStack, May 4, 2023
  2. NelsonStack Win User

I am oldschool and would only use a usb 2.0 cable in a usb 2.0 port. It's kind of rage against the machine willy nelson style I wouldnt let a 2.0 cable flop into a 3.0 port thats messy. and why I dont have an xbox one. I actually am currently trying to find a 40 series 13th gen laptop with a usb 2.0 port for this very reason and its cutting out major brands like alienware for example. but thats just my ocd
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Out of curiosity why?

Except with motherboards where you're getting into the BIOS, where often 2.0 is the only option, input devices are typically 2.0 because it's overkill for those purposes. USB-C is not a connection speed, it's a connector that can carry a variety of abilities depending on the chipsets in the devices.

Older X1 controllers are Mini USB, new ones are USB-C connectors.
  4. NelsonStack Win User

Thanks I figured they wouldn't have any reason to upgrade it. I just am not a fan of plugging 2.0 stuff into 3.0 ports. even if its the only thing available.
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Hi Nelsonstack, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor ready to assist you with this!

I found a similar thread on reddit, according to another user it seems that new controllers use USB 2.0 protocol.

Here's the thread in case you want to look at it
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/y9426y/x...

This link leads to a non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.
  6. SENSI GANGSTERS Win User

Thanks Microsoft for the Xbox one project Scorpio but looks like something new is missing!

OK ppl I guess it will be nice with the current 3.0 ports still but still add at lease one single USB C port and the rest two or three can be 3.0 USB and look they just added newest tech 2.1 HDMI ports and freesync and you no its recommended for the best up
    to date 4k TV!!
Thema:

1. Are the newest xbox controllers usb 3? The ports on the xbox are 3.0.. - Similar Threads - Are newest controllers

2. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  3. Xbox Wireless Headset keeps disconnecting. What's the newest firmware?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset keeps disconnecting. What's the newest firmware?: I have bought a used xbox wireless adapter (official) for my pc so that I can connect my Xbox wireless headset to it. Somehow it starts loosing connection while playing and then reconnects...
  4. Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.: So after the last update to xbox app im using the insider delta preview. it no longer shows my installed games in the xbox app itself. they launch and run without any issues. I cannot search for...
  5. Console unusable after newest build.

in XboX Insiders
    Console unusable after newest build.: Went to turn on my Series S a few minutes ago, just to see a looping error screen for a failed update. Normally not an issue as it happens and a reset usually fixes, but the console is stuck in a...
  6. How do you get custom skins on the newest version of Minecraft bedrock, Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you get custom skins on the newest version of Minecraft bedrock, Xbox: I’ve been trying to get a custom skin on Minecraft but all the instructions online seem not to work. Can you tell me how to get a custom skin on Minecraft bedrock, Xbox?...
  7. What are the newest combat games everyone plays? Twixon90

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are the newest combat games everyone plays? Twixon90: What are the newest combat games everyone plays? 1c593bd4-cefc-4405-a836-df262d8c2d2c
  8. When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...: I have two Windows 11 PCs, two Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windowses, and two Xbox Series X controllers. At one point both controllers decided to sync to the same PC. Now, while that PC is on, the...
  9. What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360?: What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360? 51ef5820-83e0-46f9-9d61-b0156307507f
  10. Why is it since I updated newest MW2 is I half to constantly deal with error try again...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it since I updated newest MW2 is I half to constantly deal with error try again...: Why is it since I updated newest MW2 is I half to constantly deal with error try again later unless I uninstall it and reinstall its starting to piss me off that ever since the update I been...