Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?

Discus and support Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? 8c5edc32-ea34-47c3-9d5d-8d0d4514a68d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Christopher Reistetter, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?

:)

Christopher Reistetter, Mar 26, 2024
  2. ebru iscan1 Win User

Do you know which countries are included in PDP's license for XBox?
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Christopher. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Yes, PDP is authorized to make licensed products for Xbox. Actually, their logo is listed on the official Designed for Xbox page Microsoft created:
    https://www.xbox.com/designed-for-xbox > A Program for Hardware Partners.

Just make sure (and this applies to any brand) to check if, in the article listing or image, the “Designed for Xbox” logo or text appears in the box or listing. If it's there, it's a licensed product; if not, you may want to avoid getting the item or return it if you already purchased it.

A quick example is this controller listing. You can notice the Designed for Xbox logo appears in the image:
    https://pdp.com/products/xbox-series-x-s-pc-rematch-advanced-wired-controller-monkey-bomb

Regards,

Arturo.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Paraffin Alien Win User

Need feedback on 3rd party controllers.

If you are going to purchase a 3rd party controller just make sure that it is an officially licensed product. As un-licensed products can be in breach of the T&C`s.
  5. - AJ - Win User

Are pdp controllers safe to use?

Hi, Christopher! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

PDP is licensed to make products for Xbox, which means you shouldn't experience any issues using a PDP Xbox controller with your console.

• For your reference, you can see the PDP logo on the official "Designed for Xbox" website: https://www.xbox.com/designed-for-xbox

• You can also see the brand mentioned in the "What controllers can I use for cloud gaming on Xbox?" support article at: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/cloud-gaming/cloud-gaming-tested-controllers

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help.
    Best regards.
  6. Auswulf Win User

modded and rapid fire controllers

Third party controllers that are not licensed are pretty much a grey area in regards to if you use them or not. From what I understand Datel manufactured controllers are not officially licensed but they're allowed to be used due to an incident of Datel based
    controllers being blocked after a major system update several years ago. . It was soon rectified when Microsoft fixed the problem. Other third party controllers I am not certain of but they are also probably allowed to be used.

Third party controllers that have turbo fire/rapid fire features seem to be safe as Madcatz has/had a turbo fire controller that was an official licensed product. Datel turbo fire controllers even though not officially licensed are also seem to be safe.

The third party controllers I know that are officially licensed are the Razer Range of controllers, Afterglow controllers and the Mat Catz range of controllers.

One thing I don't know about is use of Official Xbox 360 controllers that are modified with turbo fire and rapid fire features? The only thing for certain is if you open it up it voids its 90 day warranty.
Thema:

1. Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? - Similar Threads - Are pdp controllers

2. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...
  3. Are pdp controllers safe to use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers safe to use?: Are pdp controllers safe to use? 19baa6c5-af32-4d6c-8f8e-8c42a61e02c9
  4. Trouble with pdp controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trouble with pdp controller: I bought 2 pdp controllers within the last 2 months the 1 i have 2 year warranty on it other i dont but like as soon as i get it within 2 weeks left joystick is acting up and dont want to work. I...
  5. Pdp nubia bronze controller update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pdp nubia bronze controller update error: In the pdp hub app every time I try to configure the controller or do anything with it in the app it says I need to update the controller and it takes me to the update screen but when I click ok...
  6. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  7. My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??: I have a brand new wired PDP controller for Xbox and it turns off while playing any idea why?? 748dc5ae-dda5-4bc5-9a09-d3e9684ff49d
  8. Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller?: Hi, I recently bought a PDP controller to use on pc. This is the wired xbox series x controller that also works on pc. The controller works fine with the usb cable provided. This is a 8 foot long...
  9. PDP controller

in XBoX on Windows
    PDP controller: Hi guys, I have a PDP controller that I use on the pc and in the last week my right trigger has been causing my left stick to move right. So when I shoot or accelerate in a game, I move/ steer to...
  10. how do you conecct a pdp controller to a chromebook when i open xbox cloud gameing the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do you conecct a pdp controller to a chromebook when i open xbox cloud gameing the...: i just need help connecting it its a wired controller pdp 4963b265-35d3-4d21-b6a5-7b6f37cda393