Are games from previous console that aren’t on the Microsoft store still compatible when...

Discus and support Are games from previous console that aren’t on the Microsoft store still compatible when... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been considering getting the sims 3 for my Xbox, however I noticed it’s not on the Microsoft game store. If I get the disc, will it work on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sus Man, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Sus Man
    Sus Man Guest

Are games from previous console that aren’t on the Microsoft store still compatible when...

I’ve been considering getting the sims 3 for my Xbox, however I noticed it’s not on the Microsoft game store. If I get the disc, will it work on the Xbox series x? Thanks.

:)

Sus Man, Jul 22, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Are games from previous console that aren’t on the Microsoft store still compatible when using the disc version?

3. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

backward compatibility Crimson Alliance, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, Dead Block

If they aren't already backwards compatible for Xbox One then they never will be but i believe Microsoft are planning for all games from all previous consoles to be compatible with their next generation console.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Secret Weapons over Normandy on Xbox One & Xbox Series S/X DLC Packs

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Trooper109, the purpose of this community is more focused on troubleshooting whether on consoles, PC, games, etc.

When it comes to games, DLC's that are in store, whether they go to the store etc. we can not speculate or speak on behalf of Microsoft or some developer.

However by the latest news from Microsoft regarding retro-compatible games, that they have exhausted the ability to add games from the 360 and the previous generation, with this will no longer add games from these consoles, I find it unlikely that it appears in the store.

There is another factor that contributes to this does not happen, each games, DLC etc has the final word of the developer to go to the digital store, outside that depends on licensing agreements, be it image, sound, characters etc so many games or add-ons do not go to digital stores or are removed from it.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Backwards compatible store page.

Hi Mechro,

Thanks for the reply to keep us updated. The Microsoft Store is separate from the 360 Marketplace when it comes to purchases for the console, regardless of whether you are looking at it from a PC or console. Via the Microsoft Store itself, there is no delineation
    for Backwards compatible games listed or a section for that; however, at Xbox.com there is, and when a game is selected from that list, will take you over to the 360 Marketplace for details and purchase information. It does the same when selecting a 360 game
    from the MS store on the console as well.

Is the page that you are specifically referring to the Backward Compatible Game Library list from Xbox.com? If not, then please reply and provide
    a link to the page that you are experiencing the trouble with please.

Thanks again and we will wait for your reply.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Need for speed most wanted (2012) backward compatible for Xbox one

Hi Chris,

Just to add, it’s generally up to the publishers and developers to make any of their games backwards compatible. So for this specific game, EA are the ones responsible. There are various contributing factors (expired licences for the cars and music, for example) that may affect this decision with the game delisted from the store, servers offline, etc.

I also would’ve liked for Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 (and the 2005 version) to be made backwards compatible. It’s actually one of the only reasons why I still have my Xbox 360 - to play games that aren’t available on the newer consoles.
Thema:

1. Are games from previous console that aren’t on the Microsoft store still compatible when... - Similar Threads - Are games previous

2. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  3. Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...: My son and I play Minecraft and have progressed through the game and spent hours building. If I cleared local saved data, would it be erased? I have and X-box series S. I only have Minecraft on it...
  4. How can I change from previously saved game files to using currently saved game file?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I change from previously saved game files to using currently saved game file?: I was opening my Forza horizon 3 game on my PC while on WiFi. The game, after booting, brought me to options of whether to use the backed up files on Xbox account or use the saved PC files which I...
  5. How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc: if you get a new computer and have games on xbox app store on your old computer, such as MSFS, then can you redownload the old computers games from the xbox app store to your new computer? Like...
  6. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  7. Will the xbox app detect my previously installed games after installing new windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the xbox app detect my previously installed games after installing new windows?: im currently on windows 10 and im going fresh install windows 11 on my pc. i have 3 games of around 150gb on my hard drive (downloaded using xbox app) and im going to install windows on a...
  8. Game previously downloaded and played isn't showing up after upgrading to new console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game previously downloaded and played isn't showing up after upgrading to new console: I was gifted a game code that I downloaded on my Xbox one S. I've played it multiple time and have achievements. I have now upgraded to a series x but that game isnt showing up in my owned games....
  9. Previously Purchased Games Not Available After Safe System Reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previously Purchased Games Not Available After Safe System Reset: Previously purchased digital content unavailable after system reset; requested option where all games/apps remained in tact; go to play games, and it prompts "Do You own this game or app? > Manage...
  10. How do I get a previous Physically bought game back on my new-gen Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get a previous Physically bought game back on my new-gen Xbox series S: I had an Xbox one S Three years ago, but it stopped working. I only had one Xbox game disk "Minecraft: Xbox One edition, it was stuck in the Console on the time the console stopped working. I got...