Apps are using old gamertag

Discus and support Apps are using old gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my Gamertag, and it is updated on the console and on the account page of the website, but both the Xbox Companion app, and the Xbox Social... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alan Voss, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Alan Voss
    Alan Voss Guest

I changed my Gamertag, and it is updated on the console and on the account page of the website, but both the Xbox Companion app, and the Xbox Social app on PC are still using the old Gamertag instead of the new one. This is upsetting, because I mostly play PC and use the Xbox Social app to play with friends, and I would like to be seen by my new Gamertag, rather than the old one.

:)

Alan Voss, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Alan Voss Win User

[​IMG]
    This is what I'm talking about.
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Alan. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

When did you change your gamertag? It can take some time for the change to take effect across all services.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. ArminatorX Win User

gamertag

Be aware that Microsoft is currently changing the way Gamertag renaming works.

So on different devices and apps you might still see your old Gamertag, on some devices the new Gamertag etc.

Since you changed your Gamertag to the Crowley-tag, you used up your free Gamertag change.

That some games and apps still show your old random gamertag is "normal" while Microsoft is in the process of transitioning games and apps to the new Gamertag system.

If you want to rename it to "Badgermchee", you'll have to pay the standard renaming fee, since you already used your free Gamertag change for your Crowley tag.
  5. XA DRBATTLE Win User

Two gamer tags on same account

Hi there,

if you go to change your gamertag and read the info it gives you, it explains about the old gamertag been used for certain games/apps as the new one might not be compatable
  6. OG Gamer Win User

Old gamertag showing on Xbox app

Hi, for some reason my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app, yet I changed my gamertag ages ago. Is there any reason why my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app rather than my new gamertag?
    Try signing out and then signing back in.
Thema:

1. Apps are using old gamertag - Similar Threads - Apps are using

2. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  3. Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone: I'm trying to join a party on my phone so I can play on my PlayStation while talking with my friends on Xbox (they refuse to set up discord integration.). However, the Android App will not allow...
  4. Can I use an app on PC to slow down a game?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use an app on PC to slow down a game?: I'd like to use an app to make a game on PC run slower at times because I am physically unable to press the buttons quickly enough for certain tasks. The question is, is this considered...
  5. The Xbox Identity Provider still hasn't updated, causing errors while using the Xbox app.

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Identity Provider still hasn't updated, causing errors while using the Xbox app.: This has been happening on Windows 11 for several weeks. The Xbox app is starting to give an error due to this issue, partially disabling the app submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  6. Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?: Is there something wrong with my account that's blocking me from send a friend request? Please help me solve this issue 05ee4fb6-b8ba-4d95-b3d8-3cdcc043efa9
  7. Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?: since I purchased a series X last December I have experienced sound stutter when viewing videos on YouTube via the App. I have tried sending a Report A Problem for this issue ,but because it is...
  8. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  9. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  10. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f