Applying Roblox gift card to screen name we are unable to reset password on to get into

Discus and support Applying Roblox gift card to screen name we are unable to reset password on to get into in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got my son a Roblox gift card. He has a username for Roblox but did not attach an email address or phone number to this username. I am unable to log... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Amy Ottaino, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Amy Ottaino
    Amy Ottaino Guest

Applying Roblox gift card to screen name we are unable to reset password on to get into

I got my son a Roblox gift card. He has a username for Roblox but did not attach an email address or phone number to this username. I am unable to log into his Roblox account to add the gift card funds as we cannot reset the password. Roblox customer support is asking for the Roblox, Xbox purchase receipt to verify ownership of the account before they can assist with the password reset. How can I provide a receipt when Roblox is FREE?? Does this $100 gift card just get throw in the garbage because no one can help? How can we show evidence this is his account? I have sent screenshot after screenshot to show his screen name and previous robux purchases but they keep asking for purchase receipt info that does not exist.

:)

Amy Ottaino, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Amy Or my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal data.

Since you need to reset the password, the only solution is through the account recovery form which is the following: https://account.live.com/acsr

You must keep in mind that this is the only alternative or solution to recover an account, support cannot help with this type of case because they are not authorized, leaving the form as an option, if you cannot fill out the form for X or Y Reason then unfortunately the account cannot be recovered.

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Best regards,
    Oskayra.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

4. Amy Ottaino Win User

Thank you for trying to help but this does not apply to my situation. There is no email address or phone # attached to the Roblox screen name. I need help finding where to prove the Roblox account is my sons through Xbox so that Roblox support can assist with a password reset.
  5. AshleyGroters Win User

How do you get a purchase receipt for free roblox game on xbox one

Hi!

I had the exact same question! My son had gotten Roblox a couple of years back and is always logged into the game via his Xbox console and Ipad so we have never had to enter his password again. This year for his birthday, he received a Roblox gift card
    so that he can purchase Robucks, however, per the back of the gift card, the gift card needs to be applied to his account ONLINE. When I went to add the gift card to his account, I needed to know his password- WHICH I DO NOT HAVE. I have reached out to Roblox
    customer service and they have explained that stated that in order to prove that we own the account, we need to provide a COPY OF HIS PURCHASE RECEIPT for his first purchase in June 2019. I have no idea where I would obtain a copy of his purchase receipt.
    When I look on his Xbox console under his purchase history, I can see exactly what he purchased in June 2019. However, when I log into his the microsoft account online, there is nothing there and it is the same exact username. It does not make sense. I
    then asked Roblox customer service if I can take a picture of his Xbox screen demonstrating the purchase history and they responded back in BOLD letters that I need a COPY OF HIS XBOX PURCHASE RECEIPT for his first purchase in June 2019. I am not sure what
    else I can do. They then tell me if I need help obtaining the receipt, that I should contact Microsoft. Please help me obtain the necessary receipt so I can get my son's Roblox password. I just want to apply the gift card that he had received for his birthday.
    This has already been a 15 email conversation between me and Roblox and it is very frustrating. I understand they have to keep his account secure but I am just trying to apply the gift card. Thank you so much. I look forward to hearing back from you.

My son's Roblox username is [Mod Removed - Personal Information]

Ashley
  6. JSmith1981 Win User

Roblox gift card problems

He is able to get into the Roblox account, but the gift card shows that we have to verify through email... And that is were we get stuck. Nothing is sitting in the email account.
Thema:

1. Applying Roblox gift card to screen name we are unable to reset password on to get into - Similar Threads - Applying Roblox gift

2. Rewards Point NOT Applied

in XBoX on Windows
    Rewards Point NOT Applied: Hi. My 12000 rewards points for my gamepass ultimate were not applied to my account. It should show I've got gamepass till 9/4/2024 but it does not. I buy xbox for 3 months at a time. How does...
  3. Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem: Hardware problems and network keeps disconnecting while gaming, happens after updates applied a1f9530a-3de3-43a5-9e9d-ac9a410f5d3d
  4. I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...: Ive tried everything i can think of even looking at other posts on here and i dont know. This has been going on for a couple months now so i dont think it has anything to do with moderation....
  5. Do issues from Insider release notes apply to the stable build as well?

in XboX Insiders
    Do issues from Insider release notes apply to the stable build as well?: From the latest build release notes: We are investigating reports of an issue where the console may not connect to their network as expected on boot. If you experience this, be sure to report...
  6. Everytime I check my Id@xbox game to submit it reads "ready to apply"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Everytime I check my Id@xbox game to submit it reads "ready to apply": Submitting first finished game to id@xbox. The application is filled out 100%, my accound is signed into corectly and all prerequisites to apply filled out and confirmed in account. I go to press...
  7. i have age of empire3 dlc but not applied in pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have age of empire3 dlc but not applied in pc: i have dlc but in game, It says I don't own the dlc When I installed the game and purchased each DLC a year ago, it worked fine, but now that I reinstall it, it doesn't work. so i try, go app...
  8. Can minecoin gift cards be redeemed to your Microsoft account and applied to a PS4/5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can minecoin gift cards be redeemed to your Microsoft account and applied to a PS4/5 game?: My sone received 3500 minecoins on a gift card fir his birthday. Minecraft is on our PS5 and I cannot link the accounts to download the purchase to use in the game. Any advice?...
  9. I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt: On October 2nd I paid for the gamertag change. In some areas like the microsoft store the name was changed however in the xbox store and site where you request a name change it has not been...
  10. My friend bought me a $25 box gift card and I don't know how to apply the $25 to my Roblox game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend bought me a $25 box gift card and I don't know how to apply the $25 to my Roblox game: A friend bought me a $25 Xbox gift card and I do not know how to apply it to my Roblox game can somebody answer that for me we can c2ee80c3-b4dd-4cf4-8bc4-1349ec228f95