AoE 2 Update Messed Up Control Group Settings

Discus and support AoE 2 Update Messed Up Control Group Settings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition updated on my XBox a couple days ago. Since then, the Control Group DPad settings don't work correctly anymore. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Monkae316, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Monkae316
    Monkae316 Guest

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition updated on my XBox a couple days ago. Since then, the Control Group DPad settings don't work correctly anymore. The X button will only replace units in a group, no longer adds units to an existing group. I have tried holding X, I have tried tapping X. I even went back to the William Wallace tutorial to see if that would fix the settings. I have restarted my XBox also. Nothing will fix the settings. What is wrong?

:)

Monkae316, Apr 14, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hi Monkae316,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

Add or remove an Xbox profile | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. k1Helix z Win User

X019 Mixer Mixpot on TONIGHT'S Inside Xbox!

Excellent, will follow up. Downloading aoe 2 already, super excited
  4. Juice613 Win User

broken xbox update

Same, this update messed up the way my controller syncs
  5. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

x box one drifting

Make sure that the controllers are updated. Also try laying the controller down and just pushing the X to turn it on . Sometimes it messes up on how its held. Other wise check the setting in the game you are playing and adjust the dead spaces
  6. Notaye Haydshöt Win User

Xbox 1 S controller has choppy connection or completely disconnects how can I fix this?

Same issue here, tried every fix in the book honestly. Think xbox sent out controllers (Xbox X controllers) that are faulty and mess up the connection or a new console update messed everything up.
Thema:

1. AoE 2 Update Messed Up Control Group Settings - Similar Threads - AoE Update Messed

2. AOE 2 forWindows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AOE 2 forWindows: I nearly downloaded an AOE2 version for XBox Console from the MS Store. How do I prevent seeing all the XBox stuff, I only have a Windows 11 Gaming Laptop. Is there a currently available...
  3. issue with AoE II Definitive edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    issue with AoE II Definitive edition: , play twice and now when open the game it only show it;s syncing info but never goes further, already delete and reinstall and is the same. game do not move from syncing in the load screen....
  4. I didn't get a refund for AOE 4 and I still want to play it, just offline and not updated....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I didn't get a refund for AOE 4 and I still want to play it, just offline and not updated....: I have AOE 4 but I'm letting PC Game Pass cancel. It says when I got a refund for AOE 4 it was removed from my computer, but I didn't get a refund and I still want to play it, just offline and not...
  5. Not able to start AoE II DE anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to start AoE II DE anymore: Hello everyone! Since three days i am not able to start AoE II DE anymore. When i try to start the Game, microsoft store opens on the site called "Gaming Services" which is pretty empty [img]...
  6. AOE 4 Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AOE 4 Gamertag: My gamertag has been changed but in games it still displays the old gamertag which no longer exists? I paid $12 to change it but obviously wasted my money. After I paid the money and changed my...
  7. cant install AOE II Definitive Editon on PC game pass. i get error: 0x80070002.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant install AOE II Definitive Editon on PC game pass. i get error: 0x80070002.: ive uninstalled the xbox pc apps, gone though the recommended steps on this site.. this is frustrating. all other games install fine. 5e1c7a5c-b110-465f-83d6-7858afc207cf
  8. I can't join friends games on AOE 3 but they are able to join me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't join friends games on AOE 3 but they are able to join me?: On age of empires 3 definitive edition I can not join friends game for ranked battle but they can join mine 83b38065-677d-4fff-b804-a9bc35ad5f67
  9. Xbox app does not open, can’t install AoE II DE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app does not open, can’t install AoE II DE: Last night, I did a Windows update with Windows 11, version 22H2. This morning, I wanted to start playing “Age of Empires II: Definite Edition” and I received an error message asking me to go...
  10. AOE 2 DE crashes on loading saved games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AOE 2 DE crashes on loading saved games: I have AOE 2 Definitive edition and am on windows 11. I can play until I have saved 5 or 6 times then, when I try to reload any saved game the next day, the game crashes immediately. It's getting...