AOE 2 forWindows

Discus and support AOE 2 forWindows in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I nearly downloaded an AOE2 version for XBox Console from the MS Store. How do I prevent seeing all the XBox stuff, I only have a Windows 11 Gaming... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by roger812, Nov 26, 2023.

1. roger812
    roger812 Guest

AOE 2 forWindows

I nearly downloaded an AOE2 version for XBox Console from the MS Store.

How do I prevent seeing all the XBox stuff, I only have a Windows 11 Gaming Laptop.

Is there a currently available version of AOE2 for Windows?

Thanks for any help.

:)

roger812, Nov 26, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

AOE 2 forWindows

Xbox is built into the operating system and has no meaningful impact on performance

All modern games, including AOE2 are tied into the store they're bought from and rely on them, and it cannot be removed, regardless of where you purchase them
  3. roger812 Win User

AOE 2 forWindows

Ok thanks, think I'm getting it now.

Is there a way to run it natively in Windows? I'm just thinking XBox is another overhead.
  4. roger812 Win User

AOE 2 forWindows

.... function properly on Windows 11?
  5. roger812 Win User

AOE 2 forWindows

Thanks for the advice. Sorry, don't quite understand. What are XBox PC Dependencies?
  6. Sodangidni Win User

AOE 2 forWindows

You're already running the game natively, Roger.

AOE2 and basically any game has a dedicated Windows and Xbox console version. So you're not emulating the game or something like that.

The Xbox PC app and their dependencies is just how Microsoft decided to brand their gaming marketplace on PC.
Thema:

AOE 2 forWindows

1. AOE 2 forWindows - Similar Threads - AOE forWindows

2. issue with AoE II Definitive edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    issue with AoE II Definitive edition: , play twice and now when open the game it only show it;s syncing info but never goes further, already delete and reinstall and is the same. game do not move from syncing in the load screen....
  3. I didn't get a refund for AOE 4 and I still want to play it, just offline and not updated....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I didn't get a refund for AOE 4 and I still want to play it, just offline and not updated....: I have AOE 4 but I'm letting PC Game Pass cancel. It says when I got a refund for AOE 4 it was removed from my computer, but I didn't get a refund and I still want to play it, just offline and not...
  4. Not able to start AoE II DE anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to start AoE II DE anymore: Hello everyone! Since three days i am not able to start AoE II DE anymore. When i try to start the Game, microsoft store opens on the site called "Gaming Services" which is pretty empty [img]...
  5. AOE 4 Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AOE 4 Gamertag: My gamertag has been changed but in games it still displays the old gamertag which no longer exists? I paid $12 to change it but obviously wasted my money. After I paid the money and changed my...
  6. cant install AOE II Definitive Editon on PC game pass. i get error: 0x80070002.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant install AOE II Definitive Editon on PC game pass. i get error: 0x80070002.: ive uninstalled the xbox pc apps, gone though the recommended steps on this site.. this is frustrating. all other games install fine. 5e1c7a5c-b110-465f-83d6-7858afc207cf
  7. I can't join friends games on AOE 3 but they are able to join me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't join friends games on AOE 3 but they are able to join me?: On age of empires 3 definitive edition I can not join friends game for ranked battle but they can join mine 83b38065-677d-4fff-b804-a9bc35ad5f67
  8. AoE 2 Update Messed Up Control Group Settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AoE 2 Update Messed Up Control Group Settings: Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition updated on my XBox a couple days ago. Since then, the Control Group DPad settings don't work correctly anymore. The X button will only replace units in a group,...
  9. Xbox app does not open, can’t install AoE II DE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app does not open, can’t install AoE II DE: Last night, I did a Windows update with Windows 11, version 22H2. This morning, I wanted to start playing “Age of Empires II: Definite Edition” and I received an error message asking me to go...
  10. AOE 2 DE crashes on loading saved games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AOE 2 DE crashes on loading saved games: I have AOE 2 Definitive edition and am on windows 11. I can play until I have saved 5 or 6 times then, when I try to reload any saved game the next day, the game crashes immediately. It's getting...