AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading.

Discus and support AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This is the only game I am having issues with. I had it installed last weekend on my work PC (the only place I use PC gamepass) and it was working fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by FinallyMilkMan, Dec 3, 2019.

1. AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading.

This is the only game I am having issues with. I had it installed last weekend on my work PC (the only place I use PC gamepass) and it was working fine and I was having a good time. Come back to work a week later and the game won't boot at all, or even
    acknowledge I clicked on it. So I uninstalled the game thinking maybe some settings got flubbed up, but when I attempt to reinstall, gamepass will wait for a second and then instantly download the game, which is a lie because it's a 16 gig game, so now I'm
    at a loss for what to try next. I have uninstalled the Xbox beta app, reinstalled it, logged out of my info, did a reset on my work pc and still, AOE 2 is the only game I'm not able to play and it's the only game I want to play. Help!!!!!

:)

FinallyMilkMan, Dec 3, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading.

Hello FinallyMilkMan,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that Age of Empires 2 is not able to launch on your computer, and you uninstalled the game but it does not reinstall properly. We recommend making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . Also, we have a support article which provides
    troubleshooting for installing games on Windows 10
    . Go ahead and try out some of these solutions, and be sure to let us know the results!
  3. ThorX360 Win User

RTS Games - What's your favourite?

Actually, my favourite RTS games are AoE Definitive Edition and Halo Wars ;)
  4. TheRealBobbyMC Win User

Halo Wars Definitive Edition Game Pass not working as Play Anywhere

As of February 15, 2019, I was experiencing this with both Halo Wars titles. I just used the link posted above to the

web store
    and it lists tHalo Wars 1 as available, but clicking the regular install/play button just loads the store page and it still lists it just to buy. I clicked the ... button next to Install/Play and it listed my PC as a destination, and began successfully
    installing. On the other hand, Halo Wars 2 doesn't list as available even on the store and is unable to work around as far as I can tell. It will let you load the install on my devices dialog, but it won't find your PC as a source.

Edit: Additionally, the Game Pass bar in the Windows store does not even list the title as downloading despite it being present in the download bar itself. Something is definitely 5/8 broken.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Problemas AOE 2 Definitive edition

Hi Jogar,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend first try and uninstall and reinstall the game. If continue to have issues, may want to reach out to steam or the developers.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Julian_ Win User

age of empires 1 black helmet version PC VERSION

Hi! The Age of Empires Definitive Edition is a remaster of the 1997 released original AoE and therefore features new graphics, sound/music and UI. Also see this link for further information: https://www.ageofempires.com/games/aoe/
Thema:

1. AOE 2 Definitive Edition - PC Game Pass - Installing almost instantly and still not loading. - Similar Threads - AOE Definitive Edition

2. AOE 2 forWindows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AOE 2 forWindows: I nearly downloaded an AOE2 version for XBox Console from the MS Store. How do I prevent seeing all the XBox stuff, I only have a Windows 11 Gaming Laptop. Is there a currently available...
  3. issue with AoE II Definitive edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    issue with AoE II Definitive edition: , play twice and now when open the game it only show it;s syncing info but never goes further, already delete and reinstall and is the same. game do not move from syncing in the load screen....
  4. I didn't get a refund for AOE 4 and I still want to play it, just offline and not updated....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I didn't get a refund for AOE 4 and I still want to play it, just offline and not updated....: I have AOE 4 but I'm letting PC Game Pass cancel. It says when I got a refund for AOE 4 it was removed from my computer, but I didn't get a refund and I still want to play it, just offline and not...
  5. Not able to start AoE II DE anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to start AoE II DE anymore: Hello everyone! Since three days i am not able to start AoE II DE anymore. When i try to start the Game, microsoft store opens on the site called "Gaming Services" which is pretty empty [img]...
  6. AOE 4 Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AOE 4 Gamertag: My gamertag has been changed but in games it still displays the old gamertag which no longer exists? I paid $12 to change it but obviously wasted my money. After I paid the money and changed my...
  7. cant install AOE II Definitive Editon on PC game pass. i get error: 0x80070002.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant install AOE II Definitive Editon on PC game pass. i get error: 0x80070002.: ive uninstalled the xbox pc apps, gone though the recommended steps on this site.. this is frustrating. all other games install fine. 5e1c7a5c-b110-465f-83d6-7858afc207cf
  8. I can't join friends games on AOE 3 but they are able to join me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't join friends games on AOE 3 but they are able to join me?: On age of empires 3 definitive edition I can not join friends game for ranked battle but they can join mine 83b38065-677d-4fff-b804-a9bc35ad5f67
  9. AoE 2 Update Messed Up Control Group Settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AoE 2 Update Messed Up Control Group Settings: Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition updated on my XBox a couple days ago. Since then, the Control Group DPad settings don't work correctly anymore. The X button will only replace units in a group,...
  10. Xbox app does not open, can’t install AoE II DE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app does not open, can’t install AoE II DE: Last night, I did a Windows update with Windows 11, version 22H2. This morning, I wanted to start playing “Age of Empires II: Definite Edition” and I received an error message asking me to go...