AOE 2 DE crashes on loading saved games

Discus and support AOE 2 DE crashes on loading saved games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have AOE 2 Definitive edition and am on windows 11. I can play until I have saved 5 or 6 times then, when I try to reload any saved game the next... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaveClarke77, Mar 10, 2023.

1. DaveClarke77
    DaveClarke77 Guest

I have AOE 2 Definitive edition and am on windows 11. I can play until I have saved 5 or 6 times then, when I try to reload any saved game the next day, the game crashes immediately. It's getting really annoying. Can anyone help with this PLEASE?

:)

DaveClarke77, Mar 10, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please check if your Windows has an update? If there is, please update it then restart your PC. Thanks!
  3. DaveClarke77 Win User

Dericka, having received no help from you, I uninstalled the game. I tried to reinstall from the microsoft store but it now shows that I must pay ANOTHER £14.99 for it.
  4. DaveClarke77 Win User

Hi again, Dericka. I've now tried playing by saving the game using the same file name each time. This increases the file size and, after 4 saves, the file will no longer load. This leads me to believe I am having a problem with the cloud. Does this help you at all with deciding what's going wrong?

Kind regards

David Clarke
  5. DaveClarke77 Win User

I'm afraid this hasn't helped. I can save the game up to 4 times. After that it jusr crashes.
  6. XBF-Spartan Win User

Age of empires DE qui plante

Salut Pierre,

Merci d'avoir contacté les forums! Je relie la page du site de support AOE qui donne des instructions détaillées sur la façon de remédier votre problème. The app crashes with an (Error 0x803F8001) and sends me back to the Microsoft Store. – Age of Empires Support

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I am linking the AOE support site page that gives detailed instructions on how to remedy your issue. The app crashes with an (Error 0x803F8001) and sends me back to the Microsoft Store. – Age of Empires Support
Thema:

1. AOE 2 DE crashes on loading saved games - Similar Threads - AOE crashes loading

2. AOE 2 forWindows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AOE 2 forWindows: I nearly downloaded an AOE2 version for XBox Console from the MS Store. How do I prevent seeing all the XBox stuff, I only have a Windows 11 Gaming Laptop. Is there a currently available...
  3. issue with AoE II Definitive edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    issue with AoE II Definitive edition: , play twice and now when open the game it only show it;s syncing info but never goes further, already delete and reinstall and is the same. game do not move from syncing in the load screen....
  4. I didn't get a refund for AOE 4 and I still want to play it, just offline and not updated....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I didn't get a refund for AOE 4 and I still want to play it, just offline and not updated....: I have AOE 4 but I'm letting PC Game Pass cancel. It says when I got a refund for AOE 4 it was removed from my computer, but I didn't get a refund and I still want to play it, just offline and not...
  5. Not able to start AoE II DE anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to start AoE II DE anymore: Hello everyone! Since three days i am not able to start AoE II DE anymore. When i try to start the Game, microsoft store opens on the site called "Gaming Services" which is pretty empty [img]...
  6. AOE 4 Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AOE 4 Gamertag: My gamertag has been changed but in games it still displays the old gamertag which no longer exists? I paid $12 to change it but obviously wasted my money. After I paid the money and changed my...
  7. cant install AOE II Definitive Editon on PC game pass. i get error: 0x80070002.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant install AOE II Definitive Editon on PC game pass. i get error: 0x80070002.: ive uninstalled the xbox pc apps, gone though the recommended steps on this site.. this is frustrating. all other games install fine. 5e1c7a5c-b110-465f-83d6-7858afc207cf
  8. I can't join friends games on AOE 3 but they are able to join me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't join friends games on AOE 3 but they are able to join me?: On age of empires 3 definitive edition I can not join friends game for ranked battle but they can join mine 83b38065-677d-4fff-b804-a9bc35ad5f67
  9. AoE 2 Update Messed Up Control Group Settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AoE 2 Update Messed Up Control Group Settings: Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition updated on my XBox a couple days ago. Since then, the Control Group DPad settings don't work correctly anymore. The X button will only replace units in a group,...
  10. Xbox app does not open, can’t install AoE II DE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app does not open, can’t install AoE II DE: Last night, I did a Windows update with Windows 11, version 22H2. This morning, I wanted to start playing “Age of Empires II: Definite Edition” and I received an error message asking me to go...